Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event Coordination Team

Hello World,
    Some may have noticed, some may have not. But I (Major Crisis) has been assigned as the Head of the Event Coordination Team. The last couple of weeks I have been working on ideas to bring back activity in the world of events. As we all have seen the last weeks, zombies after TWDT has been quite popular. Now it’s time to introduce events on different days than sundays. Because most of us don’t have time to be online all day, I want to bring more scheduled events. I have thought about a couple. I will discuss them and I would like feedback from you guys. Which events would you like to see and maybe you have ideas yourself. Feel free to give feedback, after all we need each other to play and host the events. First of all there are two general additions we are thinking of to make events great again. First of all a notification through PushBullet about the events. This can be done for the scheduled events. Example “TWVillage will be hosted in 30 minutes” or “The first track of TWRC will be hosted at wednesday day/month at time”. The normal events are a little more complex, because not everyone is near his computer and will get in time to the event. I would like to know if anyone would use it. Besides that we have thought about “Event Achievements”. This will only include the scheduled events, but besides that it will need more work to make it happen. Let’s talk about the events I have been thinking of.

Hockey Tournament

As known by most of you guys, this has been hosted in the past. I believe the last season has been hosted in january of 2011. People could make their own team of 15 players. After that we played a group stage and seeds #1 and #2 played each other in the final. I would think we should do it the same, maybe with a smaller roster of ten people. The last time we had to deal with Hockey Zone, this might be needed again. So I can’t promise this will happen, but I will try to contact HZ staff and see if it’s possible that we get a tourny going on. After all this could mean that more of the people in TW would get into hockey, also into HZ.

Racing Cup

Back in the very old days a Racing Cup was hosted. Why it has never returned isn’t really clear to me. The racing events used to be quite popular. My idea is to play every week two races, like on tuesday and thursday 5 or 6 pm EST. The top ten would get points, like in the Formula 1 stuff. If you miss a race, it doesn’t matter. You just don’t get points. I am not sure yet if every starter should get a point. Schedule and results will be posted on forums and zoned (with link). Besides the racing tracks, we could use mazes to mix it a bit. If these will be used, they won’t be announced in the schedule, because you can memorize it and have a huge advantage. Of Course you can still memorize the map, but it will be less obvious.

Powerball / Strikeball / Attack

There has been hosted an attack season. I believe Diakka hosted it that season. If there is a group that would want this back, I could look into it. The other two games could be played in a league too. Would be kinda like Hockey would be, teams of 10 by own choice.

Octabase / Warzone

These used to be very popular events, especially Octabase. I remember it getting played almost every day. It’s an option to schedule these at a set time, like every saturday at 4pm EST. But this would really need a crowd, at least 20 players in my opinion. Besides that I think it would be fair to have a reset in Octabase so every single player has a chance to be the top player and get in Nightwasp.

Distension

Distension used to get a huge crowd. This has kinda been stopped because it got hosted too often and some people had too much advantage because of high level. Also new players could barely rank up because of the higher levels all around.

Golf Cup

This would require a new map and module. So if there is interest in it, I will try to get BotDev to work on it. I already talked to Qan and he said it shouldn’t be too difficult. The idea is as follow: There will be several “tracks” that everyone could attend to. The games will be hosted at different times, like 2-5-8 pm EST. This way everyone will have a chance to participate in the league. I see you guys thinking, that it wouldn’t be fair if all the “good” players played at the same time. I wanna try to avoid this by having a timer. With the module there should be an arena message like “Major Crisis scored a goal - 3:50.” This way everyone has a fair chance to get their points for each round. Only 8 players can play each time hosted, so it may happen that it will have to be available to get hosted at more times, depending on the interest.

Zombies Cup

Trench Wars has a lot of zombie events. This could be played within a league. For example when in Gatez the starting shooter, mvp and last man standing get points. In a regular zombie event like twvillage, it would be the same. When there is a timer we could add points for humans surviving and give points to the human with most kills (still alive). To avoid people starting as zombie all the time to gain easy points, we would add a rule that a player can only start like twice as zombie.

Events Cup

This would be league with different kind of events into it. This means zombies, deathmatches, modules like hunt, killer and other games like races and so on. All kind of events should be played in it. Also stuff like Balanceout and Fallout could be hosted within this. I would suggest the same kind of schedule as with Racing Cup.

Tourny’s

These has been hosted a lot as money tourny’s. But after TWEL I think it would be interesting to also see 2v2, 3v3 or 4v4 in a fast tourny, this could help to get people excited for the TWDL that is coming up.
    Major Crisis

Powerball would be yuge.
    You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

I'd like base to be permanently running and not interrupted by any event. The best time for TW was when I could log on and play base back to back all night.

Comment

I'm willing to help run some of these MC. I have prior hosting experience in EG.

Hit me up on these forums.

Comment

I cant help
          Leland

Comment

i would love to see events return to tw, i genuinely hope you are successful
            The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
            SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

host distention
              3:kyler> who r u btw i keep wanting to ask people "who is 45th pres" but someone gonna say "trump"
              3:45th President> do it
              kyler> who is 45th President
              nah> donald j trump

Downfall> Shoutout to forwards for randomly giving gunsmith results that made no sense and just made things harder

Jacklyn> holster is the thing that holds/carry the gun

Comment

Working...
              X