TWDL Season One
Head Operator: Mythril
League Operator: Wirah
League Operator: Markmrw
Welcome to Trench Wars Doubles League. With Season 22ís of TWL, Season 12ís of TWEL and Season 12ís of TWDT, weíre excited to announce the zoneís newest league: TWDL Season ONE.
The structure of this league has been inspired by the best aspects of all the current leagues while focusing on activity just as much as skill and competitiveness. Itís time that our leagues promote the well-being of our game, which leagues like TWL and TWEL have failed to do up to this point. This means a brand new structure that might be a tad bit confusing, so I ask that you please bear with me as I explain how this is all gonna play out. And I warn you, it's a LONG read but I have to address everything since this is the very first season.
First, letís talk about the bot
This league will be ran COMPLETELY by the bot. Ladders, duels, personal ratings, statistics, etc. will all be accessed and stored by our good friend, TW-Duel2.
Letís go over some of the basics on how to signup, challenge other players, check your rating, ladders and other cool stuff that was originally created by WingZero (Legendary coder, whereíd you go?) and the newer stuff thatís been coded and tweaked by the living-legend Qan. If you're already familiar with the bot, scroll down to Qualifying.
- !signup Ė This signs up your name to be eligible for RANKED matches (more on that later)
- !enable Ė Enables your name to duel (you can only have one name enabled at a time)
- !disable Ė Disables your current name
- !top #(ship):#(how many teams you want listed. Ex. !top 1:50 will show the top 50 ranked teams in Warbird
- !rating #(ship) *Ex. !rating Mythril:1 will show my current individual Warbird RANKED dueling win/loss, k/d, and rating
- !last name:name:#(league):#(how many games listed) *Ex. !last mythril:racka:1:10 will show the scores of the last 10 warbird matches we played together
- !zone Ė The bot will send out a zone-wide message notifying everyone youíre looking for competition
- !lag name Ė Ex. !lag mythril will tell you how laggy I am. Good to check before playing them.
How to challenge others
There are 2 options for dueling players. CASUAL: One is a casual scrimmage that isnít recorded and the other is RANKED: These matches will be saved and recorded, both individually and as a team with whoever your partner was for the match.
To team with someone and challenge others, they both must have 2 players on their own frequency. Simply enter a ship, get on the same freq and challenge other frequencies like this:
- !ch <player>:<div#>:5/10 *Ex. !ch ease:1:5 will challenge Easeís frequency to a CASUAL warbird match to 5 deaths.
- !ch+ <player>:<div#>:5/10 Ex. !ch+ ease:3:10 will challenge Easeís frequency to a RANKED spider match to 5 deaths.
- !a <player> *Ex. !a ease will accept the latest challenge sent by Ease.
Qualifying for the Regular Season
Qualifying for TWDL Season 1 will begin on Saturday, December 17th and end on Sunday, January 22nd. The bot will be reset on Saturday and we'll be on our way. The structure of the league is something brand new, so if you want to participate you MUST read all of the rules to understand how to participate and qualify. But donít worry, the learning curve isnít rocket science.
- *Qualifying will last FIVE WEEKS. This is subject to change as this is the leagueís very first season and weíll have to see how turnout is.
- *At some point before the qualifying cut-off date, youíll have to decide who your partner will be for the Regular Season and Playoffs. You can only have ONE partner per league. Once youíve decided on a partner (PM me or post in sign-up thread), Iíll add your team to the signup sheet
- *16* teams will qualify for the regular season of TWDL-D (Warbird) and TWDL-J (Javelin). 8* teams will qualify for TWDL-S (Spider). Mixed league is not included for this season, but feel free to test it out for fun and weíll see if itís a viable option for future seasons.
- *Your team must be in the top 8/16 of eligible teams on the ladder found through !top at the deadline.
- *You must have (3) RANKED matches played with the partner you decide to play with.
- Feeding is NOT allowed. If youíre caught feeding, youíll be at risk of being banned from this season of TWDL entirely
* Number of teams subject to change depending on turnout
You can decide who your partner is at any time before the Qualifying deadline on Sunday, January 22nd. This gives you plenty of time to play with a multitude of partners to see who youíd like to compete with for the Regular Season and Playoffs. You will only need (3) games played with your partner and your combined ratings must be in the top 16 of eligible teams (TWDL-D and TWDL-J) and top 8 of eligible teams for TWDL-S. And remember, your TEAMís rating is simply your INDIVIDUAL rating added to your partnerís. So, if Iíve decided my TWDL-D partner is Wirah, I can increase our TEAM rating by playing RANKED matches with anyone else.
But how do I find a partner?
Well, you look for one. And you can have different partners for each league. I assume most teams will be built through friendships or created in-squad. You donít necessarily need a partner until the deadline, but I encourage you to pick someone as early as you can - just make sure theyíre a reliable and active player who tends to play during your regular hours since ctivity will be one of the most important aspects of this league. As soon as you decide on a partner, reply HERE with who your partner is or message me in-game. As soon as youíve played 3 ranked matches with said player, Iíll confirm you as ďeligible.Ē But your team rating must still be in the Top 16 (TWDL-D and TWDL-J) and Top 8 (Spider) *of all eligible teams to qualify for the Regular Season.
So play RANKED matches with all walks of life to beef up your individual rating (which adds to your TEAM rating) and test the waters. The more you play, the more someone will be inclined to partner with you.
If youíre really struggling to find a partner, post HERE with which leagues you would like to play and other useful information like when youíre usually online. Feel free to PM myself and the other TWDL Ops if you want some in-game assistance finding someone.
You WILL be able to change your partner up until the deadline in case your partner goes inactive, you both find yourselves in a space-beef, etc. But seriously, try not to fuck over somebody after committing to them. You are essentially marrying this person for the season with your utmost trust, respect, and 2 dimensional love.
Hereís where things get a little weird. When the Qualifying Deadline hits, Iím going to !shutdown the bot and select the Top 16 eligible Teams for TWDL-D/J and Top 8 eligible teams for TWDL-S. The regular season will begin immediately.
Hereís how it works:
- The regular season will last THREE weeks
- To qualify for the PLAYOFF TOURNAMENT, you must be in the Top 8 of ďPoints EarnedĒ for TWDL-D/J and Top 4 for TWDL-S
- You will be able to play any other qualified team in the tournament at ANY time to gain points
There will NOT be assigned matches like in TWL or TWDT. It is up to you and your partner to play other qualified teams to earn points throughout each week of the Regular Season.
How the Point System works
There will be (2) ways to earn points every week of the regular season. These are Ladder Points and Dueling Points.
Letís start with Ladder Points. Your teamís rating on the ladder will matter EACH week. Every Sunday night at midnight (EST), Iím going to freeze the bot and record the ladder. Depending on where you are in the top, youíll earn your respective points.
They look like this: (Cut all of the numbers in half for TWDL-S)
Top 2 teams - 7 Points
Top 3-5 teams - 5 Points
Top 6-8 teams - 3 points
Bottom 8 teams - 0 points
This means you must continue to battle for ladder positioning all throughout the regular season to fight for the weekly Ladder Points. Once again, you can increase your TEAM rating by playing with other players, even in the regular season. Playing ranked games with other players besides your chosen partner will not only be possible, but encouraged to help out your team (by boosting your individual rating). The ladder will NOT be reset throughout the season.
Dueling Points are accumulated by, you guessed it - dueling other qualified teams. The amount of points earned dueling other qualified teams will depend on where they landed on the weekly Ladder. Allow me to elaborate:
- These points are ONLY accumulated when you play a RANKED match with your teammate against another qualified team who has both of their players.
- The amount of points gained from each duel will depend on where your opponentsí team landed on the weekly ladder.
- The teams will be split up as far as points go - letís use TWDL-D as an example (16 teams). The top 8 teams on the weekly ladder will be worth (1) point for defeating them and the bottom 8 teams will be worth half a point.
- You can only gain (3) points from a specific team every week to avoid only playing one opponent every week.
- You can only gain dueling points from WINNING. Losing will not affect your dueling points, but of course, it will affect your teamís rating.
- There will be a maximum of (10) dueling points that you can earn every week.
- You can choose to duel either to 5/10 during the regular season. Points will count the same.
- Post your match results in the Results thread to help me tally up how many Dueling Points youíre earning throughout each week.
- Feeding is NOT allowed. If youíre caught feeding, youíll be at risk of being banned from this season of TWDL entirely and your team will be disqualified from the tournament.
As you can see, activity will be critical when trying to earn your weekly Dueling Points. Even if youíre on the bottom of the Ladder every week, youíll still be able to grind your way to earning more overall points than those on top of the ladder if youíre out-working them. And those on top of the weekly ladder will still have to be active throughout the regular season if they want to qualify for the Playoff Tournament. Sitting on their Ladder Points every week likely wonít be enough.
When the regular season is over, the Top 8 teams (TWDL-D and TWDL-J) and Top 4 teams (TWDL-S) *with the most points earned will qualify for the Playoff Brackets. Teams will be matched up according to where they landed as far as most points earned. #1 will play #8 in TWDL-D, etc.
- Matches will be scheduled just like TWL and TWDT during the peak hours, Sunday from 2-5 PM EST
- If you or your partner canít make that time frame, youíll need to notify me ASAP to find another time to duel. There will be flexible scheduling similar to TWEL where you can duel at any time during the week.
- This will be a SINGLE elimination bracket
- Every duel must be played as a RANKED match to 10
- Every duel will be played as a best of 3
As we get closer to the Playoffs, there will be more information on how everything will play out.
The overall schedule for the entire season looks like this:
Qualifying: December 17th - January 22nd
Week 1: January 23rd - January 29th
Week 2: January 30th - February 5th
Week 3: February 6th - February 12th (END OF REGULAR SEASON)
Quarter-Finals: February 19th
Semi-Finals: February 26th
Finals - March 5th
That should provide us with some new fun while we all figure out a new league and also give plenty of time to plan out the structures of the next TWL or TWDT, whichever is ran next. Hopefully qualifying could start soon for TWL so we can enjoy this tournament and still keep the squad aspect alive to jump right into the next TWL season when TWDL ends.
Good luck to everyone who decides to participate in TWDL Season One.