Thread: Usability Studies: Get friends to play

Usability Studies: Get friends to play

We're out of touch with what makes this game difficult to get into in Current Year.

Let's try some usability studies. Are you willing to sit a friend down and see how they do with the game with no help? It could go a long way into figuring out how we can improve things for new players.

If you can't find anyone to do it in person, you can also do it online. Try having them screencast using Skype and Cont in Windowed mode, use Twitch + OBS, try a remote access program such as TeamViewer, or have them record it. Even asking a random friend from Steam, IRC, etc. to try it out, not watching them but then talking to them about it afterward is a huge help.

Stories of when you did this with people in the past also definitely useful.

If you're pretty sure you can't help the Steam relaunch in some other way, you can definitely do this. Please think about 1 person you could get to try out SS for 15 minutes. Ask them to help you out with a game you still love after so many years.
    "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
    -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

+1..
    3:kyler> who r u btw i keep wanting to ask people "who is 45th pres" but someone gonna say "trump"
    3:45th President> do it
    kyler> who is 45th President
    nah> donald j trump

Downfall> Shoutout to forwards for randomly giving gunsmith results that made no sense and just made things harder

Jacklyn> holster is the thing that holds/carry the gun

tried this years ago with one of my friends. he spent 10 minutes creating a swastika banner (Hinduism symbol not intended for racism and was not even inverted), and got harassed and banned on the spot without being allowed to give an explanation by some fgt staffer. he decided the game was shit and never logged on again.
    1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

5:Eggboy32> easier is to pee in bucket and drop it on ur head and let it soak down

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Klean-X> because i am armenian
    wicket666> its american

Quote Originally Posted by Crescent Seal View Post
    tried this years ago with one of my friends. he spent 10 minutes creating a swastika banner (Hinduism symbol not intended for racism and was not even inverted), and got harassed and banned on the spot without being allowed to give an explanation by some fgt staffer. he decided the game was shit and never logged on again.
    LMAO
    3:kyler> who r u btw i keep wanting to ask people "who is 45th pres" but someone gonna say "trump"
    nah> donald j trump

Downfall> Shoutout to forwards for randomly giving gunsmith results that made no sense and just made things harder

must have been a racist, there's literally no other explanation...

Quote Originally Posted by Rab View Post
    must have been a racist, there's literally no other explanation...
    not reallly i draw swastikas for fun all the time
    nah> donald j trump

Quote Originally Posted by Crescent Seal View Post
    ill take "things that never happened" for 500, trebek
    The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
    SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

cres is just a wannabe finn living before 1945
    Quote Originally Posted by jerome
    can we stop and wonder in amazement at the fact that we play a VIDEO GAME that has "generations"???

this is a 100% true story sadly and i'm sure there are countless others. i mean its expected that our staffers are incompetent, but some are ridiculously ignorant.
    1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

5:Eggboy32> easier is to pee in bucket and drop it on ur head and let it soak down

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Klean-X> because i am armenian
    wicket666> its american

Speaking of which, there was a guy in pub called HITLERWASRIGHT and he had a swastika banner whilst typing in all caps, even PMing everybody that shot him. This went on for hours!
    nah> donald j trump