View Poll Results: Which bullets do you think Steam users should have by default?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard bullets, no change

5 45.45%
  • 5x5 #1

4 36.36%
  • 5x5 #2

1 9.09%
  • 5x5 #3

1 9.09%
  • 5x5 #4

2 18.18%
  • 6x6 #1

0 0%
  • 9x9 #1

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: BigBullets - which to use in default install, if any

BigBullets - which to use in default install, if any

I've collected all the copies of BigBullets I could find. Please download the pack (see attachment), try them all, and vote for your favorites. (Vote for any you think would be OK to have in the install. If you really think one is the clear choice, only vote for it.)

TO USE: Rename a file in the .zip to bullets.bm2 and place in your \graphics directory.

#1 of the 5x5 is from the SSDLs bigbullets.zip. The other 3 are from forum threads and other sources. The 6x6 and 9x9 are both courtesy of Paladen. Also included in the archive is a 100-sized bullet by Paladen, for all those times you wanted bullets several times larger than your ship.

Comments and shitposting welcome as always.

Attached Files Attached Files
    "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
    -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Leland
    dont change all cuz 2 persons need glasses
    Leland

I have used #1 in that list for years and years and I have been very happy with them. You could always put the bullets.bm2 into zones/trench wars folder so they are not in use in every zone as default because we all know chaos league svs has 300 people watching pro finals every sunday
    Quote Originally Posted by jerome
    can we stop and wonder in amazement at the fact that we play a VIDEO GAME that has "generations"???

standard bullets are not good simply because all new players will pretty much start the game with every graphic option enabled, and thus smaller bullets will blend far too easily into the background. we could also consider the option to include custom bomb and mine graphics that are easier to spot as the original graphics, as far as i can recall, are not that crisp.

zeebu 'DUMPTRUCK' johnson Zeebu's Avatar
    is there any way we can use small rob schneider heads as bullets?

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

goes hard in the paint the_paul's Avatar
    #DUMPTRUCK
    Peyton Manning

Quote Originally Posted by Vatican Assassin View Post
    all stats should be removed except for the stat of how many times mattey can go fuck himself which I would expect should be rather high
    JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

Bigbullets #1 is now live in the Steam distribution.

For anyone who has the game already installed, this will override the default bullets. (If you are using a different bullet graphic than the default, it won't change, as everything in the \graphics and \sound folder is set as a user config file.)

A copy of the original graphics are now included in a special folder inside of the \graphics folder. Copy bullets.bm2 in that folder to your \graphics folder to restore original bullets. Future updates will not overwrite this file, so you only need to do it once.
    Last edited by qan; 07-27-2017 at 04:37 AM.
    "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."

Wait so these are just mods to the bullet sizes not the size of the bullet on screen? Just DL the zip file and it changes the look of the bullet on screen like a old school skin mod? alright take away my vote.

Leland
    where do i download this new version of ss ?
    Leland

Leland
    and dont say steam.
    cuz you gotta make a fucking account there just to download it
    Leland

Got it ok thanks qan

Quote Originally Posted by Leland View Post
    and dont say steam.
    You seem like the sketchy type that probably stalks women, is hiding from the FBI and lives in a basement. Steam is super easy to setup, you just need a valid e-mail to create an account, kind of like same requirements for these forums you like to frequent. Not sure why you would be opposed to using Steam, plus if you actually want this game you love to troll to flourish/not die tomorrow, it's good to use the Steam app as it generates hits for the game. Most, if not the majority of PC gamer's today use Steam/Origin. Get with the times my man.

-IxaDor

Quote Originally Posted by Leland View Post
    and dont say steam.
    I guess I could repackage it but there's no real demand. Why? I thought you were totally opposed to any change anyhow?