No announcement yet.

TWDT Spring 2017 Announcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will fix the format a bit. Two squads drop out after reg season, 4 go to playoffs. 1st seed vs 4th, 2nd vs 3rd. Winners go to finals, losers to right over 3rd place. (Will edit the post above soon too).

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Vys View Post
      I'll see if I can make this simple for you my man...But you gotta cap if you get it after I explain it.
      Now this format makes a lot more sense, even though I dont agree with the bronze game. 1) I think thats pretty much waste of time 2) I would give a high percentage for it being a complete failure (other team not showing)

However, this is compeletely different to what is stated in the first post:

The bottom 2 of each league will drop out after regular season and number one of each league will receive a bye to finals. To determine the other contender for finals the three remaining squads will face each other in semi-finals where the winning squad of a game proceeds to face the next one and the loser is out. This will be done with the following format: number 2 of regular season vs number 4 – winner of previous game vs number 3.
      ????? lol
      Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
      Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
      Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
      Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
      Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
      Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
      Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

wot did 2vs2 league n twl end dat fast
        1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

I'm looking at doing rewards for top 3 placed teams to each player who has played at least 1 match on their team. This will be pubbux BTW
          Best warbird to ever enter trenchwars

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamwin View Post
            Now this format makes a lot more sense, even though I dont agree with the bronze game. 1) I think thats pretty much waste of time 2) I would give a high percentage for it being a complete failure (other team not showing)

However, this is compeletely different to what is stated in the first post:

????? lol
            The first post is to be edited, forum being buggy not allowing me to edit, only delete.

Comment

I feel like the season needs to be longer. Three weeks is a very short regular season. I know this has been the traditional way but I think we need to think about the health of the zone. We all know that the zone dies when there is no league going on. Considering how long it took for this league to get started, I think it'd be in the best interest of everyone to have a 6 week regular season. This would have each team play each other twice and also allow more time for people who have returned to sign up for FA. I'm currently running the eg league and our regular season is 7 weeks long and makes for a better experience. Also, we have a preseason week on top of that whereas there is none here. This league will be here and gone in a blink of an eye if it is so short.
              In game alias: mvp

twdt-b 2017 finalist
              twlb 2020 and 2023 champ cheerleader
              twdt-b 2020 and 2021 champ

Comment

We thought about it, I would have preferred a bit longer season. However summer gets too close, in June most people start their summer holidays and around that time it's harder for players to show up. The empty slot on the weekend before our regular season starts is easter weekend - planning to not have any games there.

It took a bit long to get this started so we're not having as long season as preferable.

Comment

Sign me uppppp ya goof
                  shaun> would u wash ur sheets and blankets if a chick squirted on it

RaCka> steadman is cross eyed, fat, balding, etc..... but his finger tips are talented in the javelin department..................

Mattey> real talk half the dudes in thailand hotter than the avg american woman

zeebu> what is that one documentary where the one kid kills another kids parents and feeds them to him in a chili for not growing pubes fast enough?

Comment

I don't understand why the regular season is 3 weeks long?

You only get 5 games? That seems crazy weak and short. You can make regular season 5 weeks (only 2 extra weeks) and you get to play 10 games instead of 5.

That's double the amount of fun for only an extra 2 weeks.

Week 5

Loser of Bracket A plays Loser of Bracket B for 3rd spot
                    And you're wasting a week for a fucking loser's bracket to determine 3rd place? No one cares about 3rd place.

If it's going to be a 3 week season with only 5 games, I'm not interested in participating.

Please reconsider.

(Also, there is conflicting information all over the place. Some of your posts in here say its a 6 team league where we play each other once, and others (like the original post) cite an 8 team league where we play each other twice. There are also different starting and scheduling dates all over... which is the correct information?)

Moreover, it's 8 days until the draft, where are the rules? How are trades going to be decided? Who is deciding the lottery order? Will it be streamed live? How are trades going to be evaluated?

This is the first time i seriously read over the forums, and I don't see answers to any of these questions. I initially read that we'd play each team twice, like last year (5x2=10) then out of nowhere there's a post saying the season is 3 weeks long and we play 5 games, like WTF? What is going on.

When are the player ratings coming out? Do you make the playoffs in all 3 or is it per league?

Will there be low-star or basing packages?

What are the rules for playing down a man? Is there going to be an FA Draft? How does free agency work? What is the free agency draft order? Are there limits to how many trades we can make?

None of this work has been done, and captains have no advance information on any of this.

Given that it's your first time running this, perhaps it would be a good idea to COPY as much as possible from the last season, then make minor tweaks to your preferences, rather than radically altering everything and having TW EVENTS decide who makes the playoffs as your first decision.

I'm pretty disappointed in the rollout thus far.

Here are the rules from last season. I recommend making use of as much of it as you can.

The trade calculator, so your life isnt a complete hell the entire season.

How to make basing packages and low star packages.

Draft Day schedule.

Here are the rules and structure I made on the Free Agency Draft.

I've also provided you with graphics and a Standings ladder.

8 days to step up and get TWDT in shape -- you can do it! I will be online in-game this week if you need help working through this.

Last edited by ogron; 04-01-2017, 04:59 AM.
                    Cape> draft easier to win when you cap

*6 months later*

Cape triple frowns and misses playoffs in every league

Comment

Thanks for pointing those out.

-Conflicting messages in the first post are because apparently the forum has a bug - I can't edit threads with pictures - shows empty content box.
                      -Determining 3rd place will happen on same weekend as finals therefore we're not wasting anything on it. Up to squads do they want to play or not.
                      -Making it to play-offs is per league.
                      -There will be low star packages in similar fashion as in previous TWDT, no basing packages this time.
                      -Each team plays each other twice (2x games each weekend, noticed this right?)
                      -League can still be extended, will be looking into adjusting it. However this will mean playing/finishing TWDT in June.
                      -Ratings are coming, estimating they will be out on Thursday or Friday next week
                      -There will be low-star packages
                      -Will be using your FA and there will be Free Agency Draft
                      -Lets talk in game

In general was looking for a little bit of new stuff here but sticking to same old is more favored by everybody obviously.
                      Last edited by Henry Saari; 04-01-2017, 02:31 PM.

Comment

3 week season is absolute trash tbh, why are we in such a rush to finish before June? Not like there's a plan to run another league right after? Anything is better than nothing.

Since twdt has been announced some new faces have showed up, the goal shouldn't be to get the 3 most competitive weeks of DT. The goal should be to keep tw active as long as possible and DT has already been helping with that. Who cares if some good player can't show one day in June because he/she is on vacation, look at the big picture and stop trying to rush the only thing that's been bringing life to the zone for the past couple of years.

Comment

I suggested it before and agree with these guys about the length of the league. I think the summer "inactivity" is being way overplayed and it will definitely be inactive if there is no league going on. People will come and go often these days and extending the league will allow more people to sign up as FAs that decided to play randomly. These random people coming in will make up for the people that go inactive. The same thing happens in EG and I see it with the league I'm running. People disappear and new faces appear. This league should be at a minimum of 5 weeks regular season. I would even throw in a preseason week as well. I hope this happens for the sake of the zone.
                          In game alias: mvp

twdt-b 2017 finalist
                          twlb 2020 and 2023 champ cheerleader
                          twdt-b 2020 and 2021 champ

Comment

We'll extend the league, expect a longer season running all the way to the end of June roughly. Start date stays the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Henry Saari View Post
                              Thanks for pointing those out.

-Conflicting messages in the first post are because apparently the forum has a bug - I can't edit threads with pictures - shows empty content box.
                              Change your "theme" in settings to a different one, that often solves editing problems. Try a few different ones. Also, try to get a forum mod to move the TWDT 2016 Fall posts to a TWDT 2016 (Fall) archived folder, everything is cluttered atm.

-Determining 3rd place will happen on same weekend as finals therefore we're not wasting anything on it. Up to squads do they want to play or not.

Okay that sounds fine, as long as it's not scheduled at the same time as Semis/Finals and stealing viewership away from games that matter.

-Making it to play-offs is per league.
                              As someone who enjoys stacking base, I like this personally, but it could definitely have a negative overall impact. I've never played a TWDT that way, could be interesting!

-There will be low star packages in similar fashion as in previous TWDT, no basing packages this time.
                              Sounds good.

-Each team plays each other twice (2x games each weekend, noticed this right?)
                              So is the league back to 5 regular season weeks, with 2x per week, equaling 10 games total? Please say yes.

-League can still be extended, will be looking into adjusting it. However this will mean playing/finishing TWDT in June.
                              That sounds fine, don't overthink the summer thing too much, especially the beginning of summer. TWL is just flat out awful when it takes place across the ENTIRE summer. Dipping into the beginning or end of it is okay (last TWDT started in September). 3 weeks is way too short. 5 week regular season is already somewhat short, but just enough.

-Ratings are coming, estimating they will be out on Thursday or Friday next week
                              Great!

-Will be using your FA and there will be Free Agency Draft
                              Gud.

In general was looking for a little bit of new stuff here but sticking to same old is more favored by everybody obviously.
                              That's because, for the most part, the reason something is "same old" is because it works. You need to be pretty selective in choosing what to change. Re-inventing the wheel isn't necessarily an improvement.

Also, I mean it's just my personal opinion, take it or leave it, but I would STRONGLY SUGGEST keeping the trade calculator (ignore the Games Played/Last Seen columns, I didnt even use them last season, was overly complicated). It made the season 10x more enjoyable as a TWDT Op, and trust me, making decisions yourself (or with others) always turns out horribly for you.

If you accept the trade, you get unending shit from other teams who view it unfavorably. If you reject the trade, the person who was favored in the trade hates you forever and makes your life hell.

Everyone was skeptical of the Trade Calculator and said it wouldn't work, and it ended up working great. It handled 100% of the trades, and there was no human bias. Ask any of the caps from last season.

I would be willing to update it for you with your TWDT Ratings when you release them. Then you would have to decide the "Multi-Ship" column for each player (ie are they really good in 1, 2, or 3 leagues) as it impacts the trade formula, but otherwise its quite simple to run, and Captains just go to Google Sheets and try to find trades that work for them.

It's the difference between thinking "Hey, that season went pretty well" and "NEVER AGAIN".

=========================

Things I didn't see an answer to:

1) Draft Pick Lottery -- When is this happening, how is it going to work?
                              2) Rules. Are they the same as last year?

Thanks for your continued work, and let's talk in-game soon!

Cape> draft easier to win when you cap

*6 months later*

Cape triple frowns and misses playoffs in every league

Comment

Working...
                              X