X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE]
    Originally posted by Major Crisis View Post
    Inactivity shouldnt be a quotem to become a 7. I think it's bullshit that you are a 7.
    I mean I think my last serious base game was last season twdt-b final, and I am an 8.. And the main reason I read everywhere cuz I can play all 3 ships.. Which is bullshit. Spid I havent touched since 2012 and shark... That was like LB preseason with sage in season 13-14.. Rodney has had an impact on last season finals, as much as I had.[B] So yea we both should be 8. And you always ride the bench, so who cares what rating u have
    Oh you! I played this last sunday :P, and a 3x TWDT champ bruh! :P But yea defiantly some of these basing ratings are flawed, no disrespect to Paradise, but hes also rated 7 LOL.. when was the last time you saw paradise base? Defiantly needs some tuning in the rating systems.
    TWLD Champion 2014
    TWDTB Champion 2013
    TWDTB Champion 2016
    TWDTB Champion 2017
    TWDTB Champion 2019.. my last one.
    -tj hazuki/hazuki :wub:

Comment

Yeah I think it's obvious these ratings are not perfect. I know as a whole, we appreciate the effort being made to run the league..we just need to tighten up certain aspects.

Who/how does the ratings get done? Panel of people?
      help: (Violence) (twjd): dice hacking the serve every1 on thundir lag out and noone on dice lagout @ same junctire
      help: (Violence) (twjd): main suspicts in this act of terrorism is mr weak cuz shis the only pikistini online 4 dice @ this instint

Comment

Originally posted by Weak View Post
        Yeah I think it's obvious these ratings are not perfect. I know as a whole, we appreciate the effort being made to run the league..we just need to tighten up certain aspects.

Who/how does the ratings get done? Panel of people?
        I dont know about the FA ratings, but the original ones were done by Vys alone. He ended up fixing alot of the mistakes he had done initially, but obviously being just 1 person doing it is far from perfect. Should be atleast 3 imo, ideally from different squads/backgrounds
        Author of the clutchest and most tilting TEK of the century.

1:cripple> i luv lbj cock
        1:cripple> if he paid me 50k for every time i gave him a bj i'd do it

Comment

I think for future TWDTs the rating system needs to have more than 5 different ratings because we seem to have a need for either decimals or some other sort of scale which allows more mid range numbers where the majority of players will fall to. How to exactly modify the rating system like that, well I'm not that far yet. I believe this should be discussed on seperate thread anyway.

We have had contributions by few players for the main ratings, however -- Some ratings are horrible, in the future we will not use the same methods as this time. Ogron mostly contributed for the FA list with only few edits by myself.

Comment

Be wary of allowing a single captain to have sole influence in the rating system, since they can use their power to create "steals" and produce advantageous picks for themselves when such players otherwise wouldn't have been an impact at all. Get more than one person's opinion, especially when that one person has something to gain by making "mistakes" in the ratings. Thanks.

Originally posted by zidane View Post
            Some of these ratings seem pretty off. Especially a few base ones, I'll talk about it later when I'm on. Also lasenza should obviously be 10* who's trolling on that one. 24 being 7 in base is fine unless you think he's an 8 lol
            The truth of the matter is, just like Ephemeral, he probably isn't an 8.. but to have a relatively decent shark (in an era where there are very few sharks) at 7 is pretty unfair IMO, so I moved them both up because of the scarcity of the main ship they play.
            Last edited by Pressure; 04-25-2017, 08:05 PM.

Comment

I liked the original ratings more than thix's changes.

Cheers.
              Last edited by MHz; 04-25-2017, 07:08 PM.
              You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

I don't think ogron should be the main contributor of the fa ratings for obvious reasons. but I'm only nitpicking about situations where someone could be a 7 or 8 and the latter was chosen. Also if havok is an 8 star baser might as well make anyone who's ever based 8*

Comment

What if we had all the captains do the FA ratings? We could try to implement a rule where at least 75%-80% majority have to agree. If they don't get to that number - you can have a poll for the rest of the twdt players to vote? I'm sure there's flaws in either one of the things I've suggested.. just trying to figure out a way to be fair and also please the majority of twdt.. probably harder said than done though.
                  help: (Violence) (twjd): dice hacking the serve every1 on thundir lag out and noone on dice lagout @ same junctire
                  help: (Violence) (twjd): main suspicts in this act of terrorism is mr weak cuz shis the only pikistini online 4 dice @ this instint

Comment

Originally posted by Weak View Post
                    What if we had all the captains do the FA ratings? We could try to implement a rule where at least 75%-80% majority have to agree. If they don't get to that number - you can have a poll for the rest of the twdt players to vote? I'm sure there's flaws in either one of the things I've suggested.. just trying to figure out a way to be fair and also please the majority of twdt.. probably harder said than done though.

That was my plan at the start of the season. But it took so long finding the captains to cap this season. I'll set up an excell sheet for next season with 6 columns for each cap to do their rating and then do the mean average. I've been busy past couple of weeks with work and getting things for my vacation on Sunday.
                    Best warbird to ever enter trenchwars

Comment

Originally posted by kess View Post
                      I dont know about the FA ratings, but the original ones were done by Vys alone.
                      Well this explains why he rated himself the joined best player in TW.....LOL
                      TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                      TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                      TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                      TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                      TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                      TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

whats my rating

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

zeebu will be added and for everybody else interested to follow the Free Agency draft live in some arena - we will be doing the draft with captains on Saturday 29th April at 3pm EST.

Comment

Why is M_M a 6 in jav? Guy has more twlj games played than 80% of the players in twdt, myself included. I wouldnt take him as an 8, but he definitely is a 7 atleast

Comment

Originally posted by kess View Post
                              Why is M_M a 6 in jav? Guy has more twlj games played than 80% of the players in twdt, myself included. I wouldnt take him as an 8, but he definitely is a 7 atleast

Yoji obviously better than MM god. We all know this.
                              Major Crisis

Comment

Originally posted by Major Crisis View Post
                                Yoji obviously better than MM god. We all know this.
                                Thats not the point. I was just trying to say that M_M has more twl experience than a lot of the javs who are 7/8 and even some 9s. I obviously dont think he should be a 9 or even an 8, but 6 is kinda insulting to a guy who played jav for years, even if he is washed up and cared more about his spider in the past years. He is easily a better jav than every 6 in twdt.

Give him a 7, cuz thats broke as hell.

Edit: i read that as "You" not "Yoji" xD

Comment

Working...
                                X