Trasher's Basing (P)Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trasher's Basing (P)Review

TWDTB 2017™, brought to you by Trench Wars veterans Vys, Geio and Henry Saari, appears to have 4 possible title contenders and 2 dookie punching bag teams that have little chance to make it into playoffs. I’ll be writing random shit about basing. If there is something mean said about you, do not take it personally, and instead endeavour to practise hard to overcome your spaceship limitations.

Alf (Delectable)
    Rating: 5.5/10

It seems that Delectable was willing to largely ignore basing in this draft and the end result certainly reflects this.
    Turban is one of the best spiders in the game, but he likely won’t be able to carry this ragtag bunch by himself, and his showrate and activity is a possible issue.
    Mythril is a good shark, and nokkonen can be decent, but they will most likely not be a match for any of the top shark teams.
    Major Crisis will probably find himself in terrier, since maketso’s show rate is suspect and Beasty is, well, Beasty.

Key players: Turban, Major Crisis.

Possible dark horse: nokkonen, if allowed to spid, not on his broken laptop, and sober.

Low star players to look out for: none. There seems to be no hidden talent in Alf’s low star basing roster. Ehhh, watch Not u, he seems to enjoy ?go base.

Power (Zidane)
    Rating: 8.5/10

Zidane is aspiring to compete for the title in all 3 leagues, and has managed to draft a team that certainly has the capability. Branching out has, however, left his basing team lacking in depth in terrier and shark, which could be detrimental if a trade or 2 is not made at some point.
    Aprix, if he shows up, will be handling terrier duties, and can hopefully find his burst key for this TWDTB.
    Zidane will look to pair up in shark with Vehicle, who is a bit of a gamble, but can pay off if he manages to shake off the rust.
    There are some extremely good undervalued spiders on this team, namely Bacon and Okyo. There’s also top20 underspider Ricko who, against all odds, woke up one day after heavy drinking with a TWLB medal, 8* rating, and Attacks’ name tattooed on his ass.

Key players: Zidane, Bacon, Okyo.

Possible dark horses: Vehicle, Aprix.

Low star players to look out for: Sassafras. I don’t know, he’s a good WB so maybe he’ll be good in spider too?

Brexit (Attacks> fancy a bum?)
    Rating: 9/10

Attacks, the limey warbird, decided, for some obscure reason, to focus on basing at the start of this draft. The roster he scraped together looks quite formidable indeed.
    Pressure will be leading the pack in terrier with strong shark support from his fellow Cobramin Commodo, who will have plenty of partners to choose from with Olde/Omega/McVicar/GLYDE all being decent options.
    The big question for this team is whether Ro will show up to lead their otherwise somewhat lacklustre spider team.

Key players: Pressure, Commodo, Ro.

Possible dark horse: Iron Survivor. Could make an impact in spider.

Low star players to look out for: GLYDE. Can both spider and shark. Attacks for spider.

Terrorist (Dreamwin)
    Rating: 9/10

Dreamwin drafted a very strong basing team that can wreak havoc with their deep and talented spider team.
    Terrorist has some decent terrier options in Zizzo/Heaven, but lacks depth in sharks. They will most likely need both Dwopple and WAR to show up in shark vs the other top teams.

Key players: Dreamwin, Kess, Dwopple.

Possible dark horse: Ra. Davy has been inactive so this might be Ra’s time to shine.

Low star players to look out for: World. If he’s sober and cares enough to try he has the potential to become a very good spider.

Baratheon (Ogron)
    Rating: 9.5/10

Probably the strongest basing team, which comes as no surprise since Ogron ignored the other leagues in favour of the league he is most familiar with. His reasoning for this decision is solid, and you can read it in Okyo’s thread.
    Ogron will be handling terrier duties and can hopefully keep his head cool while flying around and yel-- managing his team at the same time.
    Cripple and Hellkite are some of the best spiders left in the game, and Hulk is good as well if somewhat inactive. TJ Suzuki has played the game for 20 years and is decent value for 7*, but Kado is the potential (and undervalued) star here.
    Porkjet is a master of shrapnel and one of the few real sharks left, and Markymarkmorrow can be good on a good day.

Key players: Ogron, Cripple, Hellkite, Porkjet.

Possible dark horse: Kado.

Low star players to look out for: In the 6* pool Baratheon has Banks as a good spider and Willby as a decent shark. Racketeer could be a dark horse spider as well.

Paladin (Jessup)
    Rating: 5/10

Jessup threw together an awkward mess that will most likely not be a top contender, but has the potential to cause upsets if the stars align.
    I don’t know who Mohammad is, but if Ogron’s graphic is to be believed he is a terrier, which narrows the possibilities down considerably. We shall see if Jessup can keep him from blowing up in the name of his religion.
    Spezza is perhaps the best active spider left in the game, but he cannot carry this team alone and will need former Dice basers wbm and sphinx to show up to have a chance.
    Oderus will be stuck in shark, but who he partners with is a mystery and the biggest weakness of this team.

Key players: Spezza, Oderus, The Prophet.

Possible dark horse: Vys. Could do well in spider, or could special and ruin the day for someone (the enemy or his own team).

Low star players to look out for: DSB veteran Magnum Size is great basing value as a 6* spider, and can fill in for terrier or shark in desperate times (of which there will be no shortage on this team).
    JAMAL> laggy no skill nebwie
    JuanJuan> you a fucking lagass cheater
    mAZe Of tOrM> try more faggot
    mAZe Of tOrM> u suck dick

Shadowmere> Nice lag you fagf

Nice write up you knife wielding finn!
    British> my 18th tomoz $$
    Sol ^> 18 and scouse, so that two kids you have by now, brit? :)

i.d.> I just farted and shit myself alittle bit

Comment

Originally posted by Trasher View Post
      I’ll be writing random shit about basing. If there is something mean said about you, do not take it personally, and instead endeavour to practise hard to overcome your spaceship limitations.
      Typicalqualitytrishapost

Comment

Good read. Thanks for this Trasher
        Best warbird to ever enter trenchwars

Comment

LOL.
          TWL-J Season 11 Champion
          TWL-J Season 21 Champion
          TWL-B Season 21 Champion
          TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
          TWDT-D 2017 Champion
          TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

would i be a 5* or a 6* in basing now

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
              would i be a 5* or a 6* in basing now
              you're still a legend dude, my legend
              TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Trasher
                If there is something mean said about you, do not take it personally, and instead endeavour to practise hard to overcome your spaceship limitations.

Major Crisis will probably find himself in terrier, since maketso’s show rate is suspect and Beasty is, well, Beasty.

There’s also top20 underspider Ricko who, against all odds, woke up one day after heavy drinking with a TWLB medal, 8* rating, and Attacks’ name tattooed on his ass.

Ogron will be handling terrier duties and can hopefully keep his head cool while flying around and yel-- managing his team at the same time.

LOL, these are some legendary quotes.

Great write-up, thanks for this. Looking forward to seeing your Hot or Not columns.
                Cape> draft easier to win when you cap

*6 months later*

Cape triple frowns and misses playoffs in every league

Comment

I didn't expect anything less of trasher. This is great rofl
                  In game alias: mvp

twdt-b 2017 finalist
                  twlb 2020 and 2023 champ cheerleader
                  twdt-b 2020 and 2021 champ

Comment

Good write up trasher.. thanks .. I think everyone is way underestimating Paladins basing powers though.. makes me really scratch my head honestly... imo we are stacked and it's only going to get better after the free agent draft but by all means ... continue to believe we will rank last.. I love being an underdog

:devil: :ship5::ship7::ship3::ship2::ship1::ship8:
                    TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                    TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                    TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                    TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                    TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                    TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Trashbag.
                      JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
                      the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

TJ Suzuki has played the game for 20 years

lol I chuckled, and somewhat sadly true. Good read Trasher, looking for more!
                        TWLD Champion 2014
                        TWDTB Champion 2013
                        TWDTB Champion 2016
                        TWDTB Champion 2017
                        TWDTB Champion 2019.. my last one.
                        -tj hazuki/hazuki :wub:

Comment

Working...
                        X