No announcement yet.

I'm back, at least for a while

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I knew someone whose personal pronoun was "D". It was quite annoying, but this was while much of this was still new and people just sort of went with it. Was awkward, to say the least.

The law that Peterson's talking about he's claiming would make using the wrong pronoun a crime. Whether or not that's actually correct is not something I have the ability to judge. It's what he believes is happening, and that's why he opposes it.

To say the far left or far right are inherently authoritarian doesn't make any sense, agreed. Or that identity politics are limited to any particular group, ideology or way of thinking.

One thing that has distanced me from identifying with leftist politics in recent years is the increasingly authoritarian bent of some of those who claim to be left-leaning (but are often just following identity politics on social issues and are usually fairly right-wing in terms of economic issues) -- what I guess you could refer to the mainstream left. The people who watch Colbert, guffaw at every Trump joke and are quick to post how disgusted they are whenever anyone says anything that's a bit out of line with respectable society. The people who always vote for the Democrats, often as a vote against Republicans.

The alternative to that crowd seems to be the hyper-ideological left. They're happy to argue, but mostly just in the context of which branch of Communism you think will cause the workers of the world to unite. Most love tight rhetoric and violent revolution with no plans for who does the dishes afterward.

I don't really see a takeover from either the right or left authoritarians, but I do see more polarization. And it feels as if antiauthoritarianism is becoming a sort of social faux pas. If you're not willing to regulate speech or condemn the other side as subhuman scum, you're a traitor. Talking with the "enemy" or considering that they could have a point is heretical. This doesn't mean you have to identify with a particular set of beliefs, but at the very least, you can't say anything that might be construed as something "those guys" would believe. Maybe negative belief, what Nietzsche called slave morality, bound together not so much by what you believe is good as what you hate.
    "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
    -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

all fags reported
      Leland

Comment

Originally posted by qan View Post
        Yeah
        yoooo i just posted in a thread kthx started and i think in order to keep this thread on topic re: eph & people checking in to say hey to eph, ima post my reply in that thread

i assume you just check "new posts" like any sane person so it'll be there
        NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Don't worry Eph I got you fam. Now this thread can be used for good news again.
          Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Damn...jerome is mad informed. I will never forget the time I plagiarized your road to serfdom analysis in high school. that 86/100 was all you buddy.

regards,
            Paradise
            4:BigKing> xD
            4:Best> i'm leaving chat
            4:BigKing> what did i do???
            4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
            4:BigKing> ???? why though
            4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
            4:BigKing> xD

Comment

Best of luck buddy.
              (Children)>hunted for life
              (zhou)>ofc u hear things cus ur still a virgin
              :zhou:i dont wanna go deaf bro

Comment

Originally posted by Supreme View Post
                Best of luck buddy.
                Are you Supreme Authority? Qpr brother?

Comment

Hope all is well Eph!

Comment

Originally posted by paradise! View Post
                    Damn...jerome is mad informed. I will never forget the time I plagiarized your road to serfdom analysis in high school. that 86/100 was all you buddy.

regards,
                    Paradise
                    ye as opposed to when para wrote a paper for mighty and mighty got a 37/100 for it and para refused to refund him his 50 dollars.
                    Last edited by Crescent Seal; 02-12-2018, 08:33 PM.
                    1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Originally posted by Funky Hobo View Post
                      Are you Supreme Authority? Qpr brother?
                      Yep, whats up
                      (Children)>hunted for life
                      (zhou)>ofc u hear things cus ur still a virgin
                      :zhou:i dont wanna go deaf bro

Comment

Originally posted by Supreme View Post
                        Yep, whats up
                        Where did you two go? You guys should come back and play!

Comment

Update, had my 90 day CT scan this week and got the results...oncologist said "NDF" (No Disease Found). There is not much data on what happens if you stop the immunotherapy, so the
                          oncologist is recommending that I stay on it for another year. (Hey, what's another $750,000?) And of course my wife is pissed, she is now planning alternative methods for my demise so she can collect the life insurance money. And given the status of TW... has anyone looked into getting TW on immunotherapy?
                          Eph

Comment

Of course the oncologist is recommending another 750k.....haha

Top work though, very happy for you mate!
                            TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                            TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                            TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                            TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                            TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                            TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

how was your weekend
                              Leland

Comment

Cancerous apparently
                                sigpic