Top 100 Basers of the Modern Era

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 100 Basers of the Modern Era

This is my personal, subjective opinion of the best basers over the last 10 years (2008-2017).

That said, I tried to be as objective as possible, and used the following Rating formula. Eye Test (70%), Championship Points (15%), and APM (15%).

Eye Test is my personal opinion on how good the player is. Championship Points is 75% TWLB, 25% TWDT, with 3 points for starting and winning the finals (gold), 1 point for losing the finals or winning the semi-finals (silver), 1 point for winning the semi-finals or starting most games on a winning team (light gold). APM is Adjusted Plus-Minus, an advanced stat that estimates how many minutes per game you're worth above a 6-Star player, similar to RPM, BPM or RAPM in the NBA.

This list is not a list of who the most talented players are, or simply who won the most titles (although they are often the same). If you want a list of who I think had the most pure talent, or a list of who won the most titles, or had the best APM, I've created those lists for you further down.

For example, I don't think M_M God is a better spider than Domi, even though M_M God has a higher rating. I do think M_M God produced more wins, finals appearances, titles and was close enough in talent that his sustained greatness over this time period puts him ahead of Domi, if that makes any sense.

I personally think Zizu is the best terrier to ever play the game in terms of raw ability, but he was inconsistent at times, never won a title, was too aggressive and died needlessly in big moments, and I think other basers like Cape and Mikkiz did more with slightly less, and therefore are ranked higher.

Other greats such as Lunch3 and Brookus barely played in the last 10 years, and therefore are lower than they would be if only judging players on talent. Other players, like Pressure, have had acute peaks (Thix has been a top 2 terrier the past 2 years, and was a top 2-3 terrier around 2012) but had long stretches of inactivity or sub-par play, and aren't as high as they could be had they provided more consistent results like Hellkite or Dreamwin.

Some players, like Cripple, would be higher if previous seasons were included, but all the stats, boxscores and most of the info has been destroyed, which is why I typically stick to S12 onwards.

It's also worth noting this list isn't who is currently the best. Commodo is a top 2 shark in the zone right now IMO, and Skatarius has been playing out of his mind in spider, for example. This looks at the entire 10 year picture. Cape is ranked #1, a legend, and one of the clutchest players of all-time, but hasn't been the best terr in the zone in 4-5 years, and I'd draft a sack of potato chips ahead of him in TWDT.

If you have a large monitor, I have a bigger (and better) Top 100 image for you here: http://i.imgur.com/TnlMZFj.png

TL;DR -- This list attempts to combine raw talent, consistent production, championship runs, and stats into an overall Rating.

top 100 basers list

Championship Points

top 100 basers list

Comment

Talent and Stats

top 100 basers list

Comment

the best terr is always a tricksy thing. i think the single best season by any terr was dead_rain carrying penetrate to the title. it was unbelievable. at least any season that i was personally invested in

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

You guys take this game way too serious
          (Pandagirl!)>(ph)>12 is just right

"In the end it's all a friendly competition" - qan 11-10-2016 04:13 PM 0-2016, 04:13 PM

Comment

Leland
            Leland

Comment

Working...
            X