No announcement yet.

Appealing all our TWDT-B games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've tried one fix. People with the DirectDraw issue, please try it out and let me know if it still comes up.

I noticed on the video that the download went extremely fast, though. So that means there's a chance that pscore.lvz, which holds the LVZ file containing the above-radar scoreboard also used in TWD, could be the culprit. Strange.

If you do cross-zone ?go travel, keep in mind that the files you download I believe end up in the other zone's folder, and it might cause issues. So if you start in EG and ?go trenchwars, all the files will still be downloaded into EG's zone folder, because the game thinks you are still in EG. Cross-zone stuff is a hack. Make sure you start by entering TW to eliminate a potential source of problems.

If anyone wants to tinker, all the LVZ files are available in this ZIP: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0y...ew?usp=sharing The new TWDT.lvz is different than the one in that archive though.
    "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
    -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

I had the DirectDraw issue when trying to enter TWDTD. Just tried it and it works now. Thanks sir.

Comment

good shit Qan

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
          I ran about as close to a perfect season of TWDT as humanly possible last fall, and I'm pretty sure the only complaint was you crying about me changing a rating of a player 6 hours before the draft on the advice of Stayon saying the rating was too broken. I announced it in caps chat which you unfortunately didn't see (and didn't scroll up), then drafted that package with him in it.

Then you harped about it all season, saying I was biased against you, as if I had some magical power able to clairvoyantly predict which package you were going to take, while also knowing you wouldn't see my message in red, WHILE taking advice on picks from Stayon, the guy on your team who had the rating changed in the first place.

You had the most successful run in TWDT history while I was an op, reaching six consecutive finals, and yet you act like I'm out to get you, and take every opportunity to lash out at me.
          I agree. I think you have ran the most succesful TWDT seasons overall. There are just those few incidents which ended up effecting me and my team, but lets not get at that again.

The last thing you said is a quite result-oriented thing to say. I aim to win them all when I choose to play this but I didn't.
          Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
          Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
          Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
          Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
          Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
          Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
          Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

Let's take a moment away from qq to thank qan for being the hero Trench Wars needs.
            Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
            Message has been sent to online moderators
            2:BLeeN> veh yes
            (Overstrand)>no
            2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
            2:BLeeN> ok then no
            :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
            (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

N1 Qan
              You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

qan, you being on the other side of the world makes bug reporting terribly inconvenient, dick. how about you stay awake during the time zone when tw is most popular. man. so inconsiderate. so selfish with your time. :angry:

hehe

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

I witnessed the game of Alf vs Baratheon and what i saw was baratheon terr dying a few times after breaking in and at entrance in the last couple minutes and imo this is what caused the loss. A Key player missing will always hurt the team but bara wasnt without chance at all, it was a nice game to see. And besides, doesnt Alf have the best baser in tw?

Comment

Originally posted by Smoking Blue View Post
                    I witnessed the game of Alf vs Baratheon and what i saw was baratheon terr dying a few times after breaking in and at entrance in the last couple minutes and imo this is what caused the loss. A Key player missing will always hurt the team but bara wasnt without chance at all, it was a nice game to see. And besides, doesnt Alf have the best baser in tw?

True. But he couldnt show.
                    Major Crisis

Comment

Originally posted by Major Crisis View Post
                      True. But he couldnt show.
                      yeah i had to go to sleep
                      TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Alrighty, this matter has been put to rest for good. Baratheon vs Brexit TWDTB game will be rescheduled to be played on Sunday 30th April at 6:00pm EST. Right after the 5:30pm games have ended. Both squad captains have agreed on this time I hope their players are able to play additional game and there will be no more issues such as this during this TWDT.

Comment

Originally posted by Smoking Blue View Post
                          First of all, sharks are the most important ships in basing imo, so missing ur main shark does hurt alot. On other hand, Turban(who i assume is who ur talking about) was sharking, and half of ALF's lineup were ppl i never seen basing before. Claus having the best basing team in quality and quantity, filled with capable and experienced basers should have easily won this game without PJ. But like DW said, all this talk about impact players doesnt really matter, you should treat every player as equal, even if they are not.

Either you replay every game that had ppl who couldnt play due to this, which would be a clusterfuck, or simply move foward. Im sure everyone here has missed games in past leagues due to the unexpected. I know it might be annoying to you claus, but dont worry, you will still make the playoffs and if u really wanna win it all, you will have to beat the rest anyways. Wouldnt worry too much about seeding.
                          Author of the clutchest and most tilting TEK of the century.

1:cripple> i luv lbj cock
                          1:cripple> if he paid me 50k for every time i gave him a bj i'd do it

Comment

Woohoo!

Delectable thinks it is an AMD driver thing, so he got me to roll back to some old drivers for my gpu (which is what I used for the video). I'll see whatever fix qan put up is compatible with the newest/current ones too.
                            duel pasta <ER>> i can lick my asshole

Mattey> put me in corch

zidane> go kf urself pork

Comment

Because this is easier than messaging qan:

Here I am going to twdt arenas through tw and through eg (descriptions on page):

So it could have been a driver thing, but it looks more like just a lvz thing (or I guess I mix of both?). Either way, it looks like the issue has been fixed. Many thanks, qan!
                              duel pasta <ER>> i can lick my asshole

Mattey> put me in corch

zidane> go kf urself pork

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamwin View Post
                                I agree. I think you have ran the most succesful TWDT seasons overall. There are just those few incidents which ended up effecting me and my team, but lets not get at that again.

The last thing you said is a quite result-oriented thing to say. I aim to win them all when I choose to play this but I didn't.
                                Agreed, I think our disagreements are relatively minor. Perhaps they're exacerbated by the fact we tend to face off against each other in TWL/TWDT playoffs almost every year

Anyway, big thanks to Qan for working on the issue and hopefully resolving it. I look forward to playing Porkjet to raise his stock, then trading him to the last place team for a key jav piece.

Originally posted by Kess
                                First of all, sharks are the most important ships in basing imo, so missing ur main shark does hurt alot. On other hand, Turban(who i assume is who ur talking about) was sharking, and half of ALF's lineup were ppl i never seen basing before. Claus having the best basing team in quality and quantity, filled with capable and experienced basers should have easily won this game without PJ. But like DW said, all this talk about impact players doesnt really matter, you should treat every player as equal, even if they are not.

Either you replay every game that had ppl who couldnt play due to this, which would be a clusterfuck, or simply move foward. Im sure everyone here has missed games in past leagues due to the unexpected. I know it might be annoying to you claus, but dont worry, you will still make the playoffs and if u really wanna win it all, you will have to beat the rest anyways. Wouldnt worry too much about seeding.
                                I'm not worried about making the playoffs or seeding. I just felt it was a valid appeal. Porkjet being unable to play fucked us hard, I had to switch Hellkite out of spider which he wasn't happy about, Cripple was annoyed, PJ was depressed, and it was a demoralizing start -- and it's generally important to make a good early impression to motivate your players to keep showing.

Anyway, I'm over it, and I accept the denied appeal. Hopefully the problem with directdraw is fixed and we can have some successful showings in Week 2!
                                Last edited by ogron; 04-25-2017, 09:45 PM.
                                top 100 basers list

Comment

Working...
                                X