Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 37

Thread: [UPDATED] Changing 1 Weekday Timeslot for West Coast/Midwest

  1. #1
    House Baratheon Claushouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,705

    [UPDATED] Changing 1 Weekday Timeslot for West Coast/Midwest

    UPDATE: We've designated Wednesday as the Euro/West Coast timeslot, servicing both groups of players

    Sundays:


    TSLD -- 3:00pm EST
    TSLD -- 3:30pm EST
    TSLJ -- 4:00pm EST
    TSLJ -- 4:30pm EST
    TSLB -- 5:00pm EST
    TSLB -- 5:30pm EST

    Tuesdays:

    TSLD -- 6:00pm EST
    TSLJ -- 6:30pm EST
    TSLB -- 7:00pm EST

    Wednesdays:


    TSLD -- 3:00pm EST
    TSLJ -- 3:30pm EST
    TSLB -- 4:00pm EST

    TSLD -- 9:00pm EST
    TSLJ -- 9:30pm EST
    TSLB -- 10:00pm EST

    Thursdays:

    TSLD -- 6:00pm EST
    TSLJ -- 6:30pm EST
    TSLB -- 7:00pm EST


    The Season Opener is Sunday, June 18th, 2017, and concludes with the Finals on Sunday, August 6th, 2017.
    Last edited by Claushouse; 06-16-2017 at 12:50 PM.
    TSL has begun! The Solo Q league will take place over the Summer. Teams are randomized every week, and you advance individually. It's a hyper-competitive league for veterans looking to clinch one of 10 playoff spots for themselves, while more casual players will benefit from everyone being added.

    Learn more here.


  2. #2
    Registered User Ricko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,135
    I'm not really sure how this mid-week stuff is going to work - Tuesdays and Thursdays for me run from 11pm to gone midnight which isn't really viable when you have a job and real life stuff, and any other euro's have it worse (all the Finns), and the Wednesday works for us Euros but only about 4 yanks will make it (the unemployed basement dwellers).

    Basically I can't do this at all, but maybe it's different for everyone else
    TWL-J Season 11 Champion
    TWL-J Season 21 Champion
    TWL-B Season 21 Champion
    TWDT-D 2017 Champion
    TWDT-J 2017 Champion

  3. #3
    Registered User Ixador's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    BB, USA
    Posts
    26
    Might I suggest doing 1 late night per week? Example: Wednesday 9PM EST. These weekday games are too early in the day for those of us on Pacific/Mountain/Central time USA. For me these games are 2-5pm, quite early in the day, for some others its 12pm to 3pm, again quite early. Hoping you consider doing 1 late night game. One 9-10PM EST or later game a week would be appreciated and give those of us with jobs/families a chance to play. Thank you for your consideration here.

  4. #4
    Registered User Banks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixador View Post
    Might I suggest doing 1 late night per week? Example: Wednesday 9PM EST. These weekday games are too early in the day for those of us on Pacific/Mountain/Central time USA. For me these games are 2-5pm, quite early in the day, for some others its 12pm to 3pm, again quite early. Hoping you consider doing 1 late night game. One 9-10PM EST or later game a week would be appreciated and give those of us with jobs/families a chance to play. Thank you for your consideration here.
    Wouldn't be opposed to this idea
    2:morph> serious question how does ass taste crip
    2:cripple> dude it tastes amazing. especially when her liquid comes out after u pull out ur tongue out of her butthole
    2:jebass> i gave a rim job wants got a pc of corn stuck to my tongue

    Mortal 2016

    4:cripple> everyone DOWNLOAD my cheat engine it removes .5 sec off ur respawn and adds a 3rd into regen energy link is here: www.pornhub.com/man.kills.fly.during.anal.html

  5. #5
    House Baratheon Claushouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,705
    Beasty and Qan are pushing for the 3pm slots, that's the time they suggested.

    I don't know of many if any West Coast players, but they seem convinced they're out there. If you want the Wednesday timeslot changed I suggest you make it known to them and on forums.

    We also have the ability to host impromptu TSL games if there's enough people online who want it (like Distension did sometimes) that players could use as filler for games they missed.
    TSL has begun! The Solo Q league will take place over the Summer. Teams are randomized every week, and you advance individually. It's a hyper-competitive league for veterans looking to clinch one of 10 playoff spots for themselves, while more casual players will benefit from everyone being added.

    Learn more here.


  6. #6
    give life, take death qan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    oly, wa
    Posts
    631
    Time corrected. Sorry about that.

    What ix and Banks were talking about was exactly what I was thinking, so that everyone in the mainland US/Canada would be off work to play for one of the weekday times. But, as we were batting around the times, the last time I mentioned it I didn't think too hard about it and said 3 hours earlier rather than 3 hours later. Whoops.


    This time won't work for most Euros, unfortunately. But, Tues/Thurs won't work for many working stiffs in US/Canada/elsewhere, so it seems fair enough. If it doesn't draw enough to make games, and Tues/Thurs are extremely successful, can always bump it back.
    "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
    -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

  7. #7
    Registered User Ixador's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    BB, USA
    Posts
    26
    Wonderful! Thank you for adjusting those time slots for us. See ya!

  8. #8
    Registered User Jessup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,059
    I'm excited to try this league! My play time in TWDT is basically nil since I'm doing the cords and subs and adds so am excited to see how I could fair in this as its based on individual stats.. Thanks for doing this work ogron

  9. #9
    Major Crisis/Ownix Major Crisis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    529
    Quote Originally Posted by qan View Post
    Time corrected. Sorry about that.

    What ix and Banks were talking about was exactly what I was thinking, so that everyone in the mainland US/Canada would be off work to play for one of the weekday times. But, as we were batting around the times, the last time I mentioned it I didn't think too hard about it and said 3 hours earlier rather than 3 hours later. Whoops.


    This time won't work for most Euros, unfortunately. But, Tues/Thurs won't work for many working stiffs in US/Canada/elsewhere, so it seems fair enough. If it doesn't draw enough to make games, and Tues/Thurs are extremely successful, can always bump it back.

    Neither will the current timeslot for euro's. A working man wont be online at 12 am till 3 am to get some games.
    Basicly what you are saying "Fuck the euro's." But then again, the zone has barely any euro left, so it wont work anyway with early time slots.
    Major Crisis

  10. #10
    Registered User olde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    252
    I'm going to body slam and slap each one of roaches around the twdd map
    3x Claushouse stomper, gun busting tw pub warrior, #doitwidachewin one bad SOB

    born in the gutter, and chained to the radiator of a squat basement for 16 years
    We are proud to announce the triumph return. FROM ALL THE WAY IN THE BACK OF THE FOOD STAMP LINE!
    AND STRAIGHT OUTTA MOTHERFUCKING REHAB!
    IT'S THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE MOTHA FKN OLDE

  11. #11
    Plade Cap Dreamwin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,335
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Crisis View Post
    Neither will the current timeslot for euro's. A working man wont be online at 12 am till 3 am to get some games.
    Basicly what you are saying "Fuck the euro's." But then again, the zone has barely any euro left, so it wont work anyway with early time slots.
    Lol yeah. Much more logical would be to have 3 timeslots: 1 for europeans, 2 for americans, evening and late-night games.

    As major said, no working european will be online at midnight. If there were to be a timeslot for europeans, it could be 2pm 3pm 4pm est.
    Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
    Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
    Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

    Season 8 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
    Season 12 champion TWDT-J (C)
    Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
    Captain of the most winningest team in TWDT history - Terrorist
    lukas93> IF U LL THAT SHIT I GO MOUTH TO YOUR DOOR AND I (TRNSLE THIS) MANDO TO HOSPITAL

  12. #12
    2 good Tiny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    706
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamwin View Post
    Lol yeah. Much more logical would be to have 3 timeslots: 1 for europeans, 2 for americans, evening and late-night games.

    As major said, no working european will be online at midnight. If there were to be a timeslot for europeans, it could be 2pm 3pm 4pm est.
    Logically this would make sense. I'm American but I would prefer one day with 2 3 4 pm gametimes.

    3 days, 3 different times and of course sunday.
    1:waven> u challenge
    1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

    Quote Originally Posted by MHz View Post
    Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

  13. #13
    House Baratheon Claushouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,705
    It's a question of demographics, we want to pull the most people possible.

    Historically speaking, TWDT hosted Weekday games at 600/630/700 -- that generally seems to be the best nexus.

    If you can show me evidence there are better timeslots I'm all ears.

    At worst, you can still play Sundays, and still qualify for Finals. At best, you can show to both.
    TSL has begun! The Solo Q league will take place over the Summer. Teams are randomized every week, and you advance individually. It's a hyper-competitive league for veterans looking to clinch one of 10 playoff spots for themselves, while more casual players will benefit from everyone being added.

    Learn more here.


  14. #14
    Major Crisis/Ownix Major Crisis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    529
    Quote Originally Posted by Claushouse View Post
    It's a question of demographics, we want to pull the most people possible.

    Historically speaking, TWDT hosted Weekday games at 600/630/700 -- that generally seems to be the best nexus.

    If you can show me evidence there are better timeslots I'm all ears.

    At worst, you can still play Sundays, and still qualify for Finals. At best, you can show to both.

    I did not host games at 6/6.30/7. I am pretty sure my season was the only one with weekgames. It was either 'just' 3-4-5 or 4-4.30-5.

    I am sure people who play more have a better chance of getting higher in the ladder.
    I even think the current weekend schedule is dumb. I mean warbirds are mostly from USA, why would u host them as first games? Just cuz TWDT does that too?
    Historically javs get played a lot by euro's, just like base. But lets put them all in the back... For me personally is the chance that I will play a base game, is like 5% now. Weekdays are impossible and sundays are too late for me often too.
    As far as I can see you are willing to change schedule for the working USA people, but not for the working europe people. The euro people are disappearing more and more already, and such stuff makes it more easy to quit.
    Major Crisis

  15. #15
    Registered User Wazzaaa.nl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    724
    Great idea for the summer!
    Too bad the current times are impossible for working euros
    So have fun americans and asians
    Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

  16. #16
    House Baratheon Claushouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,705
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Crisis View Post
    I did not host games at 6/6.30/7. I am pretty sure my season was the only one with weekgames. It was either 'just' 3-4-5 or 4-4.30-5.
    Your TWDT Winter 2011 Rules page says otherwise: http://forums.subspace.tw/showthread...WDT-2011-Rules

    Competitions will be held also on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday at 6 pm EST
    I also played TWDT Fall 2011 run by Black Mage and the weekday games were 6pm EST as well.

    There was also a poll when the population was much larger and the ideal time for Weekday games was determined to be 6pm EST: http://forums.subspace.tw/showthread...uring-the-week

    Having one day be 3pm EST makes more sense to me since it covers Euros, but Qan and Beasty seem intent on 9pm EST.

    They're both helping with the league and Qan makes the robots go, so I don't really want to fight them on the issue, and frankly I don't know how many players are West Coast or Euro, but my guess is there is a bigger Euro population than West Coast. Without the numbers, I can't say anything definitively.
    TSL has begun! The Solo Q league will take place over the Summer. Teams are randomized every week, and you advance individually. It's a hyper-competitive league for veterans looking to clinch one of 10 playoff spots for themselves, while more casual players will benefit from everyone being added.

    Learn more here.


  17. #17
    Major Crisis/Ownix Major Crisis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    529
    Quote Originally Posted by Claushouse View Post
    Your TWDT Winter 2011 Rules page says otherwise: http://forums.subspace.tw/showthread...WDT-2011-Rules



    I also played TWDT Fall 2011 run by Black Mage and the weekday games were 6pm EST as well.

    There was also a poll when the population was much larger and the ideal time for Weekday games was determined to be 6pm EST: http://forums.subspace.tw/showthread...uring-the-week

    Having one day be 3pm EST makes more sense to me since it covers Euros, but Qan and Beasty seem intent on 9pm EST.

    They're both helping with the league and Qan makes the robots go, so I don't really want to fight them on the issue, and frankly I don't know how many players are West Coast or Euro, but my guess is there is a bigger Euro population than West Coast. Without the numbers, I can't say anything definitively.

    Hmm only one game at 6 pm I see. Didnt remember it like that.

    So we keep having those time slots? Atleast switch the different gamestyle up then. Like make thursday Base - javs -wbs.
    I would even rotate the gamestyles on sunday every week. Like I stated before, those basing times are impossible for the working europeans. Even on sunday they are tricky. You guys do wanna favour the West coast ppl, but all you do is make the european people quit. For me there is no way I will show on weekdays and the last time slot on sunday is even doubtable. I have seen many more euro's like this.
    Major Crisis

  18. #18
    Big Ego kentaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    101
    I like this idea, maybe break up some of the days... have a monday BD/JD @ 6/630 or something

    Quote Originally Posted by Major Crisis View Post
    Hmm only one game at 6 pm I see. Didnt remember it like that.

    So we keep having those time slots? Atleast switch the different gamestyle up then. Like make thursday Base - javs -wbs.
    I would even rotate the gamestyles on sunday every week. Like I stated before, those basing times are impossible for the working europeans. Even on sunday they are tricky. You guys do wanna favour the West coast ppl, but all you do is make the european people quit. For me there is no way I will show on weekdays and the last time slot on sunday is even doubtable. I have seen many more euro's like this.
    1:Foreign> i screenshot every time i get mvp in javs
    1:pascone> folder is empty :/
    1:Tiny> LOL
    1:Mega Newbie> uhauhauhauhauhauha

    1:Ricko> i havent played so well and gone 4-7 before

  19. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Claushouse View Post
    So, I think we're going to modify the timeslots of the Weekdays, and have one of those three days slotted to benefit West Coast/Midwest to better serve the community.


    Tuesdays -- 6pm/630pm/7pm EDT (WB/Jav/Base)

    Wednesdays -- 9pm/930pm/10pm EDT (WB/Jav/Base)

    Thursdays -- 6pm/630pm/7pm EDT (WB/Jav/Base)


    Tuesdays and Thursdays will remain the same, but Wednesdays will be 3 hours later to benefit our friends in different time zones.

    I'm somewhat skeptical of the ability to generate lots of players at that hour, but I've been lobbied to change one of them, so we'll give it a shot and see how it goes.

    qan EDIT: Times have been corrected. My fault! Apologies, guys

    i was asked what times would suit me best, and i gave my euro times, but i see nothing of it back here. Some very active and skilled pilots are in a euro timezones. Why even ask me if you not gonna consider our lives in the end?

    6pm is just to late for euros, its midnight for us. And most euros are basers, so it will be even later. I was looking forward to playing TSL during the week, i even made some guys sign up who are in the same timezone as me, only to find out they forgot about us.

  20. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    101
    Suggestion:


    Tuesdays -- 6pm/630pm/7pm EDT (WB/Jav/Base)

    Wednesdays -- 9pm/930pm/10pm EDT (WB/Jav/Base)

    Thursdays -- 3pm/4pm/5pm EDT (WB/Jav/Base)


    Like this we could cover the usual euro slots during the week with additional players from North America. After all there's really much activity (wbduel, javduel and go base) everyday from 3pm to 6pm.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •