TWDTD Playoffs Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWDTD Playoffs Preview

I couldn't sleep so decided to keep the juices flowing for you all, as nobody has posted anything on the forums in a while.

Here is the Semi-Finals/Finals Review

Remaining squads in seed order.

Power

When all the players show in this side they are truly scary but despite popular belief they can and have been beaten this season, but truly if you are going to beat these guys expect to give 100%, even if Ricko and Weak don't show this weekend.
    Weak and Ricko are solid team players who don't have egos and don't get delusions of grandeur who rarely make a mistake but the biggest issue for these guys is wherever they will be playing this weekend, its no good being available for the finals if you can't make it that far because your team crashes in the semis.
    This puts increasing pressure on players like Zidane and Beam to step up, Zidane is a match player and will square up with the big boys but is lacking perhaps the technical skill of other Warbirds but he will be relying on pure channeled rage and a grit of a captain. Beam has been playing all week in TWDD and has won a few games for FU INC and if he shows Sunday he could make a appearance and potentially play very well.
    Apparently EG's version of twl has finished so there is a chance mvping superstar Bacon could turn up also which would be a great boost, if not Trasher or at the weekends Trisha (The knife wielding polar bear slaying Finn) is a good but unexceptional backup for this slot. Sassafras is the best 6* in the league and this is his chance to prove in the next two games hes more than simply a 6* and is worthy of the higher tier of respect that other players receive. Power's biggest and most unpredictable weapon is the fearless Okyo who takes Stalinist WW2 saying of "not one step back" to heart, expect this chap to ruffle feathers and create space for others.

Lineup
    Okyo, Ricko? Weak? Bacon? Sassafras
    Bench Zidane, Beam, Raazi?

Brexit

With the scariest three 8+ players in TWDT and perhaps the only side who will struggle to name its three in this position due to pure overabundance of choice save maybe Paladen, its a no brainier that we are one of the favorites for taking the championship. Iron Survivor is currently top of the kills table and is in as fine a form as ever I have seen him, Ease isn't in top form however whats that saying? "when the going gets tough, the tough get going?" and even when Ease isn't on form he rarely goes negative he is truly deadly and the greatest player in my opinion that has ever graced this game, Geio does exceptionally well in TWDTD with resolution caps off and IMAX ramped up expect this guy to be 100 miles away from the blast zone when players explode from his sniping skills. I myself (attacks) will be dreaming of the British Empire and singing God Save the Queen as blow your tiny asses out of space like the British blew the Chinese up in gunboat style in the Opium wars. What is less certain however is how the 6* and 7* players will perform, Temujin has had a great season in warbird (not quite as good as jav) but still rather impressive, and Omega Red has faltered at times but did play well last week, these two guys have probably the most to prove out of all the 6*'s and 7*'s in comparison other teams starting lines how they perform is the most important factor to Brexits title chance.

Lineup
    Who knows? oh wait I know, Still not telling you

Baratheon

“The storms come and go, the waves crash overhead, the big fish eat the little fish, and I keep on paddling". Not a Baratheon quote however I feel it sums out Baratheon's season, despite all odds they have reached the playoffs, and also as third seed. Baratheon will be struggling in this league and will be the least likely to take the title, but will they defy the odds yet again? I wouldn't bet against it.
    Where Baratheon have the advantage is that Ogron has hit stunning form, he has the second highest kill rate in the league which means he has a higher total than all other 8+ Warbirds with the exception of Iron Survivor of course, and being a 7* its almost as if Baratheon will have four 8*+ Warbirds in their starting line. For their 6* anyone remember Warlord/Bom? Demonic's brother, Well thats Blazier... and it may come as no surprise to those that remember him that this guy has been trading blow for blow with the big guns in TWDTD and with Ogron at his side defeated and embarrassed Lasenza in a famous win over Paladen, but whats even better? hes British.
    Where Baratheon struggles is their high stars, Best hasn't shown all season apart from a single week, and even if he does show this weekend he is caked in so much rust that unless he plays from now to sunday solid he is unlikely to be a better choice than someone who has been practicing such as say Spezza. To Baratheon's benefit however Kentaro has been practicing all week and is in fine form and Racketeer though not having a great season this year, remains a solid choice.

Lineup
    Best? Racketeer, Kentaro, Ogron and Blazier
    Subs
    Spezza TW, Inmate, Spectacular, Banks

Paladen

On paper the best side, however somehow managed to end 4th seed despite every resource possible being spent on warbirds with regular Draw and free agency. (rather like my basing picks except not that bad).

Lasenza isn't the force he was perhaps in Season 18-20 in TWLD however he still has one of the best Kills/Death margins in the league and his extremely slow and patient playstyle still frustrates players to this day, its unlikely this guy will be anywhere negative even if Paladen lose, at least regarding his scoreline anyway as he constantly whines when he dies and blames other teammates, I don't like this guys attitude but I can't fault his results.
    Siaxis/Tanzu is another player who has been very active the past few weeks and has hit some mega scores, after being with FU INC for a while his head probably needs deflating but he is honestly a great guy and he is one of the players who has been giving me a hard time recently in the TWDD arena, this guy "can" change games and expect him to be the Hammer to Lasenza's anvil.
    Racka hasn't had a great season at all, I'm not sure if hes on a laptop or simply doesn't care anymore, but he is no longer the powerhouse he was and has been really putting up some pretty poor results, Infact Iron Survivor hasn't even put his yearly letter to Santa in, he usually asks for something more than a cardboard box to live in or that the rainforrest gets saved, however this year he has simply put "Racka went 3-10" I don't want anything for Christmas now.

Vys will probably arrive and demand to be played at some point, and has a great record in TWDTD if Paladen want to have a spin at the roulette wheel this guy will be played.

Paladens weaknesses however lie in their 6* or 7* warbirds, Jessup isn't a great team player and back peddles too much and yet ends up suiciding? work that one out , Myollnir is good but he really only performs in duels. Kira_Ya has had a great season however comes undone when facing the stronger teams, there is no Terrorist left to beat up on.

Lineup
    Lasenza, Siaxis, Racka, Myollnir and Kira_Yama...(something Japanese)
    Bench
    Vys, Jessup

So there we have it four sides all capable of winning and three sides with as much chance of winning the title as each other.
    Hope you enjoyed this, if I have offended you, please feel free to register a complaint with my HR department the email address's are below

RickoNeverWonaLdMedal@hotmail.co.uk or Aka #Daywalker

VysThirdbestWarbirdinBritain@yahoo.co.uk Aka #MrModesty
    Last edited by Attacks; 05-25-2017, 02:27 AM.
    British> my 18th tomoz $$
    Sol ^> 18 and scouse, so that two kids you have by now, brit? :)

i.d.> I just farted and shit myself alittle bit

TWL-J Season 11 Champion
    TWL-J Season 21 Champion
    TWL-B Season 21 Champion
    TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
    TWDT-D 2017 Champion
    TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

dont think we'll have a great turnout but uhhhh should be fun ?

Comment

I'll be there and I'll be the first name on the team sheet. Do we lose when I play?
        Best warbird to ever enter trenchwars

Comment

don't think my team can show :-(

was a good cinderella run to semis tho, i guess
          top 100 basers list

Comment

lol it's ok Claus - I doubt Ricko, Raazi, and myself can show today either. Hate that a season can go down in a week but I guess that's the nature of dt. People are drafted and hopefully can step up. It's unfortunate that the players that put your team in the best position to win and did work in the season miss one week and it most likely will cost you a chance at a title run.
            help: (Violence) (twjd): dice hacking the serve every1 on thundir lag out and noone on dice lagout @ same junctire
            help: (Violence) (twjd): main suspicts in this act of terrorism is mr weak cuz shis the only pikistini online 4 dice @ this instint

Comment

It's all good, our team had a great season in TWDT-D and lost to an extremely strong line, I'm proud of them!

Power won anyway lol

Should be an amazing TWDT-D Final:

-----------------------------------------------------------
              Ease/Iron Survivor/Attacks/Geio/Temujin

vs.

Okyo/Weak/Ricko/Raazi/Beam/Bacon
              -----------------------------------------------------------

That should easily be the best TWDT-D Final in years.

The past few seasons an underdog has always slipped in making it uneven. There hasn't been two powerhouse teams clashing since Ease/Iron/Racka got dumpstered by Apok/Lasenza/Tripin in 2014.
              top 100 basers list

Comment

Damn RaCka and LaSenza didn't show for them either. That ties back to my beauty of DT comment. Raazi showing up made a huge difference plus it's always nice to have Okyo on your team lol.
                help: (Violence) (twjd): dice hacking the serve every1 on thundir lag out and noone on dice lagout @ same junctire
                help: (Violence) (twjd): main suspicts in this act of terrorism is mr weak cuz shis the only pikistini online 4 dice @ this instint

Comment

Working...
                X