How I once did a 6000+ bounty terrier run in Trench Wars pub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How I once did a 6000+ bounty terrier run in Trench Wars pub

Basically I was flying around with one finger on the insert key, ready to warp at any given moment. I could react so fast that when I saw a warbird shoot at me, I'd warp in time for the bullet not to hit me (even with possible lag warp). Don't think I got many kills, wanted to play it very safe. Just getting greens from the team and focusing on staying alive. The game was more active back then, so you'd get a decent amount of greens coming in.

I couldn't use the boost/ afterburner (what every they call it) much because the shift and insert key are far apart. Pulling my finger away from the insert key meant taking a risk. Could've looked into remapping the keys, but I guess that didn't occur to me.

Not sure if you could only buy greens in safe back then with pub chat command, or anywhere with private bot command. This was years ago and they've changed the pub rules so many times. Nowadays for example you can buy greens in mid, but not on roof. For a while I did a lot of roofing with terr. Just finding that burst spot in the middle for the burst to enter flagroom, disturbing basers in the process and not getting caught. Even made a nickname at one point called "Roofy McRoof".

Anyway, I must have bought a lot of portals or try to green them. And if I didn't have one, just fly without x radar on, quickly toggling it from time to time to check for Xses. I survived hunting parties and got some teammate shark rep support. Spider anti-warp is your worst enemy, so I generally avoided going inside base. Intentional teamkills can also be a threat, so for that too it's good to stay out in the open, away from walls/ enclosed spaces. Don't remember having to deal with suspicious javs or the likes though.

As my bounty grew so did attention from people in the arena. I must have played from morning to night to reach that level, taking some breaks in between. A good thing to do, especially when you're getting hunted to see if things calm down after a while.

My last screenshot was in the high 5000's. At one point a warbird started hunting me. He just wouldn't give up. Now here's what did me in: predictability. I started to rely too much on a pattern, setting up a burst spot in the same area when flying out of safe zone (I believe the west one). He caught on to me and camped there, shooting right after I warped there. And that was it.

Where's the proof you say? Well, because I found the game to be too addictive, I would delete it from time to time and stay away from it for a (long) while. Those screenshots got deleted that way.

Ur my new hero
    1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

Leland

Comment

Originally posted by Leland View Post

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
        8:Lrim> you guys take this game too seriously

Comment

Thanks for that bounty :> I killed ya I think . Was this like 2 or 3 years ago?
          TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
          TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
          TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
          TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
          TSLD CHAMPION 2018
          TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

@Fork: hehe, thx man
            @ Leland: Lilund!
            @ Jessup: I think it was 2003-2004 somewhere, but not entirely sure

edit:
            ps. What I also enjoyed about roofterring, aside from burst attacking flagroom, was to frustrate people that came to hunt me by warping in time and (trying to) be unkillable. From time to time I'd take shots at killing them by flying at them at high speed shooting bullets and doing portal warp.

nice avatar btw Jessup

pps. You're right Leland: it's just a number. But a hard earned one ;-)
            Last edited by Scar Trek; 05-31-2017, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Pretty awesome achievement Scar! And there's me thinking you only ever played Weasel!

Comment

Originally posted by Leland View Post

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL dfkmmm died
                1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

at post above:
                  yeah good one. Makes you stop and think how worthless of an achievement that really was. I still learned from it though.

Comment

Working...
                  X