No announcement yet.

The future of TW and what we can do to help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basically ill bury the hatchet man, I am old, and thanks for your contributions to the game cheese.
    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
      Basically ill bury the hatchet man, I am old, and thanks for your contributions to the game cheese.
      softie
      TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

finally had some free time to sit down and did something i have been meaning to for quite some time

in steam, created:
        • 5 standard SS steam badges
        • 1 foil SS steam badge
        • 8 SS steam trading cards
        • 10 SS steam emoticons
        • 3 steam profile SS backgrounds

whole set is being reviewed by a "valve designer" and all of the above will be released when we choose

unfortunately, it seems the only metric to drop trading cards is time based only, so the cards/badges drop when steam client/biller goes live
        The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
        SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

@kthx
          1. i have always had the mentality of "i do what i want and people are cunts" in ss, because that has always been the case in ss, i guess you are maturing and are finally beginning to wake up to reality, although about 15 years late
          2. earlier years ago while you were gloating on how you managed to annoy away developers, events, and pub while bleating about twd, it never occurred to you and your cronies that you were killing the zone and the game, which unfortunately twd needs to survive
          3. and now many years later and far too late, you are finally noticing who actually does the work here
          4. noticing positive traits in other people is an important step to personal growth, but trying to associate them with yourself means you still need improvement
          5. yes, when you annoy away the people that get results, they leave behind the sertifis in the administrative structure with a empty position above the sertifis, dezmonds, ceriums, and spidernls of the world, and thats why you keep ending up with a sertifi with sysop access with a "dirt coordinator" title and someone fucking around with messagebot channels access because if they dont have something throbbing in their throat at least once every 40 seconds they will die
          6. the writing on the wall directly in front of you for 10 years before you noticed that people were talking about around you for 10 years before you noticed was there about 10 years before you noticed
          7. i have no interest in listening to you complain about the death of a game you were actively trying to kill
          8. if alcohol is required to say positive things about people you need to reevaluate your life choices
          Last edited by roxxkatt; 06-03-2017, 03:08 AM.
          The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

Changing the appearance of pub won't do anything but perhaps slightly entertain old players for 30 seconds. I think the only cool way to truly retain new players (for more than a few days) after a steam relaunch is resetting all spacebux (just as stream is relaunched), and somehow have a system where people can convert spacebux for real cash until the funds run out. Announce it on stream a month or 2 on steam that you can get paid to play (until the funds die). It could be money worth giving if it gets newbies to play pub for hrs just to earn 5 dollars, the more active pub is, the more enjoyable it will be for everyone. Perhaps I'm wrong but I'm sure there are people who will enter the game with a goal to try and earn some money and before they know it, they have joined a squad and can't get off the game.

I guess another idea for newbies only:

It displays on your screen your highest kill streak of the session (idk it it's possible to add this in). This might create a mini goal for newbies to see how high they can raise that number.

Perhaps remove the death timer, so newbies instant respawn (or perhaps for everyone) into action to prevent bordum of constantly dying and watching the same timer tick down before they get annoyed and quit.

Imagining myself entering this game for the first time, if I saw a large splash text saying 'Kill 1 person for $1000' I would be tempted to do that goal just to see what happens when I do. That goal on its own could last a few mins, long enough for them to b contacted by staff.
            1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

Eat a dick faggot, also hows distension zone going. Im sober now wubba lubba dub dub.
              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by Fork View Post
                have a system where people can convert spacebux for real cash until the funds run out.
                Oh man. Really?

Yeah 1 million pub bux for 10 cents USD. Get grinding, people!

This game isn't run by a benevolent billionaire, there isn't enough donation money for something as crazy as this. Not to mention how many ways there would be to abuse this system.
                JAMAL> laggy no skill nebwie
                JuanJuan> you a fucking lagass cheater
                mAZe Of tOrM> try more faggot
                mAZe Of tOrM> u suck dick

Shadowmere> Nice lag you fagf

Comment

congrats on also being about 2 years late to rick and morty as well, always such a trendsetting trailblazer as usual

SSCJ Distension Owner

Comment

Originally posted by Trasher View Post
                    Oh man. Really?

Yeah 1 million pub bux for 10 cents USD. Get grinding, people!

This game isn't run by a benevolent billionaire, there isn't enough donation money for something as crazy as this. Not to mention how many ways there would be to abuse this system.
                    Exagerate more? Billionaire?

If all the spacebux was reset, then it would be more like 100k for 5 cents (or w/e you feel would tempt players). Limited funds... 100 dollars. Once cash has run out, that's it. But that could last 2-6 weeks of very very active pub which could generate new players and tbh noones tried this idea out so who knows what can happen? But with the remaining 5k dollars or w/e we have, and with the game about to die very soon, it could be worth giving this a shot. Not forcing you guys to try it at all, was just putting my view on how to possibly ignite the pub population.

...and what's wrong with people grinding for spacebux in pub? You want that to happen, more people do it= more people playing pub = more player retention.

I don't play this game anymore but I wouldnt mind giving ideas if it helps.
                    1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

Exagerate more? Billionaire?

If all the spacebux was reset, then it would be more like 100k for 5 cents (or w/e you feel would tempt players). Limited funds... 100 dollars. Once cash has run out, that's it. But that could last 2-6 weeks of very very active pub which could generate new players and tbh noones tried this idea out so who knows what can happen? But with the remaining 5k dollars or w/e we have, and with the game about to die very soon, it could be worth giving this a shot. Not forcing you guys to try it at all, was just putting my view on how to possibly ignite the pub population.

...and what's wrong with people grinding for spacebux in pub? You want that to happen, more people do it= more people playing pub = more player retention.

The people who play this game aren't 12 years old, they actually have disposable income and little free time, for the most part. Calculate your hourly rate for grinding space bux that you could convert into minuscule amounts of cash and ask yourself is it worth it? Do you want people playing TW pub like it's their job?

Also, I'm not sure if the people who donated would want their donation money to be used like this. And the money would not last long. What then?

You're right to go "out there" with wild ideas and that the donation money should be used. This, however, is completely ludicrous and frankly stupid. No offense. Put up a poll about it if you're serious, and let's see what people think.
                      JAMAL> laggy no skill nebwie
                      JuanJuan> you a fucking lagass cheater
                      mAZe Of tOrM> try more faggot
                      mAZe Of tOrM> u suck dick

Shadowmere> Nice lag you fagf

Comment

Originally posted by roxxkatt View Post
                        congrats on also being about 2 years late to rick and morty as well, always such a trendsetting trailblazer as usual
                        I wonder if Islam thinks distension is Haram, might force you to stop creating it soon.
                        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

I think every idea you've ever had on here has been largely terrible, the best thing you could contribute would be to keep playing tbh.
                          TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                          TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                          TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                          TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                          TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                          TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Ricko View Post
                            I think every idea you've ever had on here has been largely terrible, the best thing you could contribute would be to keep playing tbh.
                            Agree.

Fork, paying to play a game is the worst fucking idea I've ever heard not just for this game, but any game in my entire life. At first I thought you were actually joking and laughed at your post. Your serious though, holy shit.. Pub is not the save all for this game, if it was we wouldn't have the issues we do, I'd also like to add coming from you is largely hypocritical because when you were active, you were probably the most tryhard jav I've ever come across in league gaming and barely played Pub yourself. Your Youtube videos are proof of this.

If you have to resort to paying people to play, there is probably something seriously fucking wrong with your game. Newcomers aren't going to want to grind out in a shitty game for 5 cents, sorry, only LeLand/Hellmouth type players would do it because they're the ones who play Pub no matter what. If you really want to contribute, as Ricko suggested, just play the game.

Comment

There is something srsly wrong with the game, it's dead. Hence why I suggest these 'crazy' ideas because u need a miracle to get any population back. Gl bullies.
                              Last edited by Fork; 06-04-2017, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricko View Post
                                I don't care, and I'm helping the game by not playing.

Comment

Working...
                                X