TWDT Star Cap System Analysis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kess View Post
    It really is. 8s not only have to battle for a spot agaisnt the other 8s(which are alot in number), but compete with 9s and 10s who are better players in theory. The only difference id consider would be creating a 8* spot, besides that i think the system is good.

The main issue with this season was the ratings, which everyone saw how bad they were at the beginning of the season. Just get 3/4 players(veterans who are relatively active) to do ratings for each league, average it and it will be good.
    I really dont think its that hard, it takes like 20 mins to go through 1 league. I dont think most of us would mind doing it
    I had offered to do the warbird ratings last year as I was active and had written the hot or nots for last twl as well as captained the previous season, however Vys decided to go it alone and rate the warbirds himself dispite his fleeting activity
    British> my 18th tomoz $$
    Sol ^> 18 and scouse, so that two kids you have by now, brit? :)

i.d.> I just farted and shit myself alittle bit

Comment

I think the idea of a 8*,7*,6* isnt bad

perhaps a max of 26 between your top 3 players
      -if you have a 10 you can only have a two 8's along
      -or two 9's and one 8

Points for this
      -This might help balance the league out and reward teams for trying to go for 3 leagues rather than stack 1. Though the star ratings would need a rework too.
      -This probably helps some of those 8*'s that dont get to play one more stacked teams while still keeping things competitive too
      -Also rewards the teams for picking the stronger 8*'s

Originally posted by kess View Post
      It really is. 8s not only have to battle for a spot agaisnt the other 8s(which are alot in number), but compete with 9s and 10s who are better players in theory. The only difference id consider would be creating a 8* spot, besides that i think the system is good.

The main issue with this season was the ratings, which everyone saw how bad they were at the beginning of the season. Just get 3/4 players(veterans who are relatively active) to do ratings for each league, average it and it will be good.
      I really dont think its that hard, it takes like 20 mins to go through 1 league. I dont think most of us would mind doing it
      Last edited by kentaro; 06-13-2017, 04:55 PM.
      1:Foreign> i screenshot every time i get mvp in javs
      1:pascone> folder is empty :/
      1:Tiny> LOL
      1:Mega Newbie> uhauhauhauhauhauha

1:Ricko> i havent played so well and gone 4-7 before

Comment

I can see a case for an 8-Star slot in base, but I'm still skeptical about WB/Jav.

I think, for now, we're on the 7/6 train still, but using centigrade to change things up a bit.

WB: 0-65, 0-75
        Jav: 0-65, 0-75
        Base: 0-65, 0-75, 0-75

I like the idea of an additional 0-85 slot for base, it reduces the draft capital burden and helps captains go for more leagues.

That said, it depends on signups. We expect 4 contenders in each league in an average 6-Team, and 2 non-contenders (unless there are 6 great caps like 2016 Fall, where there was legit competition in all 3 leagues from all 6.)

Let's look at 8+ in WB this season (9+ bolded):

ALF (Mythril, Delectable, Reaver, Jones, Turban)
        Power (Weak, Ricko, Okyo, Raazi, Beam)
        Brexit (Iron Survivor, Ease, Attacks, Geio, Olde)
        Baratheon (Best, Racketeer, Kentaro, Spezza)
        Paladin (Lasenza, Vys, Racka, Tanzu, Tripin, 24, Flew)
        Terrorist (Skepsis, Rasaq)

We're talking about benching Jones, Weak, Attacks, Racka, and Tanzu, on top of the fact that Power wouldn't have advanced without their depth. ALF had four 9s and they didn't show half the time, Brexit had lag issues in the Finals, Best disappeared, Paladin had 3 of their 4 not show to Semis and Skepsis was a ghost.

The distribution of WBs was already pretty good, and 8s like Turban, Beam, Geio, Olde, Kentaro, Spezza, Tripin, 24, Flew and Rasaq all got significant playing time because of lag and no shows.

Restricting 9s and 10s wouldn't achieve much, other than pissing off talented players the odd time that three of them do show up to a match together.
        top 100 basers list

Comment

power dominated so bad ppl wanna change the rules lol

Comment

Originally posted by zidane View Post
            power dominated so bad ppl wanna change the rules lol

Lol Zid..

Powers 6 star warbirds-----Aprix, Kim . Henry Saari, Vehicle , ixador, sassafras, M_M_god , uprise

Powers 7 star Warbirds---- Bacon, Trasher, Roiwerk

Powers 6 star Javelins----- Henry Saari, sassafras , uprise, Saol <er>

Powers 7 Star Javelins----- Raazi, Ricko, Bacon, Vehicle

You def had some of the silliest underrated players and a lot of them too. Props for picking them and taking advantage of it but..lololol
            TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
            TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
            TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
            TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
            TSLD CHAMPION 2018
            TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
              I can see a case for an 8-Star slot in base, but I'm still skeptical about WB/Jav.

I think, for now, we're on the 7/6 train still, but using centigrade to change things up a bit.

WB: 0-65, 0-75
              Jav: 0-65, 0-75
              Base: 0-65, 0-75, 0-75

I like the idea of an additional 0-85 slot for base, it reduces the draft capital burden and helps captains go for more leagues.

That said, it depends on signups. We expect 4 contenders in each league in an average 6-Team, and 2 non-contenders (unless there are 6 great caps like 2016 Fall, where there was legit competition in all 3 leagues from all 6.)

Let's look at 8+ in WB this season (9+ bolded):

ALF (Mythril, Delectable, Reaver, Jones, Turban)
              Power (Weak, Ricko, Okyo, Raazi, Beam)
              Brexit (Iron Survivor, Ease, Attacks, Geio, Olde)
              Baratheon (Best, Racketeer, Kentaro, Spezza)
              Paladin (Lasenza, Vys, Racka, Tanzu, Tripin, 24, Flew)
              Terrorist (Skepsis, Rasaq)

We're talking about benching Jones, Weak, Attacks, Racka, and Tanzu, on top of the fact that Power wouldn't have advanced without their depth. ALF had four 9s and they didn't show half the time, Brexit had lag issues in the Finals, Best disappeared, Paladin had 3 of their 4 not show to Semis and Skepsis was a ghost.

The distribution of WBs was already pretty good, and 8s like Turban, Beam, Geio, Olde, Kentaro, Spezza, Tripin, 24, Flew and Rasaq all got significant playing time because of lag and no shows.

Restricting 9s and 10s wouldn't achieve much, other than pissing off talented players the odd time that three of them do show up to a match together.

Turban didnt play one wb game, he didnt show.

And it's like you only want to keep the 9-10 people on the game. Like it isnt frustrated for 8s to get benched all the time if they show up.
              Major Crisis

Comment

Working...
              X