Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Peaked?

I started this game back in like 2000 with my bigger brother and I was like 13. We used to use the same user name and we were pretty casual. I would quit for months and was just a huge newbie for a few years.

Didn't really get serious in EG till like 2006 or so, I forget. It was really fun back then and competitive, constant shit talking in EG dueled drama and hate. The game was more fun back then with a bigger population.

Fast forward a few years and a lot of players had left or quit EG, I heard TW was still popping sorta and I came here. It was fun and refreshing to see a lot of GOOD players active and competing on a regular basis.

That era seems to be over as well but TWDT/TSL keeps it fun. I don't think I'm as good as I was but I'm serviceable in more TW ships than back then, where I was primarily a spider.

Leland
    Quote Originally Posted by Ephemeral View Post
    Started in 1998 when I was 40, so I was already old and slow. Iím 59 now but there are three things that have impacted me; eyesight is affected by the chemo, brain fog from the dialysis; and timing is affected by having to puke into a bucket on my lap as I play. But itís not all bad; having my kidney and bladder removed means not having to jump up to go piss. LOL
    Eph

try the weeds
    Leland

Im just gonna quote muh friend Cig Smoke real quick

Cross is good but can only carry so far.
    Where the fuck are all my medals Ease?
    Last edited by Cross; 06-30-2017 at 08:46 PM.
    1:vys> yo Pure_Luck already told me that i'd be ZH one day when deluge is sysop and method owns TW

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Red View Post
    I started this game back in like 2000 with my bigger brother and I was like 13. We used to use the same user name and we were pretty casual. I would quit for months and was just a huge newbie for a few years.

Didn't really get serious in EG till like 2006 or so, I forget. It was really fun back then and competitive, constant shit talking in EG dueled drama and hate. The game was more fun back then with a bigger population.

Fast forward a few years and a lot of players had left or quit EG, I heard TW was still popping sorta and I came here. It was fun and refreshing to see a lot of GOOD players active and competing on a regular basis.

That era seems to be over as well but TWDT/TSL keeps it fun. I don't think I'm as good as I was but I'm serviceable in more TW ships than back then, where I was primarily a spider.
    but ur unfortunately still dookie.
    big sean> L!O!L!
    Cres> ?
    Cres> its mine now.
    destruct <> WATER U DEWIN
    paradise> Dewin? Ill take that. using that now
    destruct <> u welcum
    thix> Lol this shit is ban hannah's.
    cripple> ?
    paradise> ?
    Cres> You can keep that one.

The best of the best
    There's so many factors to consider.
    Computer
    Time
    Enthusiasm
    Players ability

I peaked during 05 - 10 those was my best years skill wise. I think everyone gets to their peak, but some people at different times. I honestly think i reached my peak before everyone else, due to my time and commitment I put in. I think it took people longer to reach my level, but a lot of people are closer to my level or the same over the time.

There's no new talent coming through the ranks, all players have past game experience, whether it be playing TW or other zones. This is why competition is at its best because the skill set is so close to each other, rather than it wad years ago.

Look at Iron Survivor for instance. I considered him an easy target when he was with his Brazilian counterparts during my peak. But he is now up there competing with the best. I just think it took him longer to reach that level than I did.
    Best warbird to ever enter trenchwars

LOL modest as ever Vys
    British> my 18th tomoz $$
    Sol ^> 18 and scouse, so that two kids you have by now, brit?

i.d.> I just farted and shit myself alittle bit

Quote Originally Posted by Attacks View Post
    I wake up in morning and have to remind myself i'm 30 now and not that 15 year old who downloaded the game years ago, As I get older I wonder am I finally getting worse? Reflexes are proven to start slowing from a age of 21, however how does experience, muscle memory and emotional stability counter this. A lot of players now are around the same age as me, how do you feel? Not as good as you used to be? Or just the same if not a little better? Warbird is heavy reflexed game do I need to look at other leagues?
    30? Damn im old!

I remember getting the subspace game itself on cd around 99-2000. I remember playing on Paleden and enjoying Trench Wars when the server averaged 400+ people at anytime during the day. Ww3 on Sundays and constant TW Town zombie battles. Good times. Met a lot of friends I kept in touch with on MSN Messenger until about 10 years ago when the messenger program was phased out. I was about 12-13 then, now I'm 30. Time flies.
    Last edited by JJ87; 07-10-2017 at 09:15 AM. Reason: Forgot some stuff

Somewhere my pixel still exist on the unfinished ?go island map. I remember when me and 5 others spent 3 hours going through the ?go teks or ?go treks maze.

Yarr, hacking the SS demo / beta / whatever it described itself as back in the days of VIE... fun times! And those magnificent days of 400+ in TW when seemingly half the population weren't bots.

Popping into TSL these last couple weekends for giggles has confirmed, to my delight, that I haven't peaked yet (and never will) because I play too inconsistently to ever achieve any kind of actual form.
    Old git and mostly harmless former captain of British Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Attacks View Post
    I wake up in morning and have to remind myself i'm 30 now and not that 15 year old who downloaded the game years ago, As I get older I wonder am I finally getting worse? Reflexes are proven to start slowing from a age of 21, however how does experience, muscle memory and emotional stability counter this. A lot of players now are around the same age as me, how do you feel? Not as good as you used to be? Or just the same if not a little better? Warbird is heavy reflexed game do I need to look at other leagues?
    Dang u old lol

...i'm not far off

Quote Originally Posted by rothe View Post
    Attacks and the other top level players please do some Twitch Streams with VOIP then post them on TW Facebook/Youtube and pass it around as much as possible! I know there are those of you out there with the skills to make the youngsters say damn!
    Yes this may be a old game
    But it still takes skill
    Same reason people play CS ok yes CS is still wayyyy ahead of TW but ok look its an idea..
    Or stream some events.
    Only thing I found on Twitch was hockey zone (SubspaceHZ), but videos won't load.

Leland
    Call Superb at 703-564-9887 and ask about the status of ticket #553598. Server IP is 66.36.247.83. The more who call, the better chance we have of getting it fixed
    Leland

I AM NOW BETTEr THAN I EVER WAS
    The Phase > what version of ssc are you guys running?
    Criminal> idk whatever was on the first google result for "piece of shit spaceship game from 96 free download"

Quote Originally Posted by Leland View Post
    lol lo l oo lo l ol olol o lo l ol o lo l o

420 420 420

Quote Originally Posted by Valiant View Post
    Yarr, hacking the SS demo / beta / whatever it described itself as back in the days of VIE... fun times! And those magnificent days of 400+ in TW when seemingly half the population weren't bots.

Popping into TSL these last couple weekends for giggles has confirmed, to my delight, that I haven't peaked yet (and never will) because I play too inconsistently to ever achieve any kind of actual form.
    Wow! Seeing a quote from Valiant takes me way back, so I had to drop a comment.
    I was never really good so itís hard to say when I peaked, I always seemed to always be one or two screen resolutions down and was convinced that that impaired my D and J ability when in actual fact I was just rubbish.

Fruitang, Valiant and Star Fox - come back to spaceships please!
    TWL-J Season 11 Champion
    TWL-J Season 21 Champion
    TWL-B Season 21 Champion
    TWDT-D 2017 Champion
    TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Ricko ever play destiny 2 with me tho?
    British> my 18th tomoz $$
    Sol ^> 18 and scouse, so that two kids you have by now, brit?

i.d.> I just farted and shit myself alittle bit

why be u when u can be me hockeydude's Avatar
    im still trying to be as good as jerome
    1:Jacklyn> :o! Cake..+ Cookie. = Cakie
    1:Hockey <ER>> LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL SIG'D

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Up in ya !> U happy to be here, or is that a Puck in your pants?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    1:Rudy> An emo! Break his legs!