• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The current plan for making Playoffs in TSLB

The current plan is still:

2 terrs become TSL All-Stars
    4 sharks become TSL All-Stars
    10 spiders become TSL All-Stars

Only those 16 players will receive medals.

Those 16 players will be invited to the Finals. Anyone not showing (or lagging) will be replaced by whoever is next in Overall Value in the standings. If you are called upon during the Finals and win, you will be awarded the TSL medal for winning the Final. So it is possible to get a TSL Finals medal despite not getting the TSL All-Star medal if you just missed the cut!

But what happens if you played 23 games, 15 in spider, 5 in terr, and 3 in shark? You need 20 games to realistically qualify, and you have only played 15 in spider!

The goal is to keep it an apples-to-apples comparison, so players aren't boosting their spider stats by sharking if they feel the values are higher in that ship. It also ensures players helping the team by playing a different position than their ideal one aren't punished by not having enough games played.

I think pro-rating games in your non-main ship to your season average in your main ship is both fair and reasonable, albeit imperfect. I've considered other possibilities, but I think this is the best path forward.
    Cape> draft easier to win when you cap

*6 months later*

Cape triple frowns and misses playoffs in every league
Working...
X