Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have bad lag / packetloss / lagouts? Help us fix it!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have bad lag / packetloss / lagouts? Help us fix it!

We believe we've isolated this ongoing connection problem to the network that TW is hosted on, but not the server itself. Unfortunately, the company is a large corporation that hosts over 100,000 game servers, and will not investigate the issue unless enough reports come in to make it "actionable." At that point, support agents will receive more and more negative points in their department if it isn't resolved. Simple self-interest is what will get this fixed. The information you provide will also help them locate the source of the issue. Last time this happened in 2015, it was a DDoSer using their network secretly, so we're actually doing them a big favor.

What we need you to do: run a Trace from inside Continuum, and then submit your report to the TW server host.

Here's how:

1. Exit to the main menu/zone list.
    2. Select TW (or EG) and press the big TRACE button.
    3. Wait 5 (or more) minutes, or until you have at least 30-50 cycles completed. (See Cycles in bottom left corner)
    4. Click "Export..." and save the report to a text file. On your desktop is a good location, for easy reference.
    5. Open the text file from where you saved it, select all, copy, and paste into the sample letter below where it says (Paste traceroute report here)
    6. Find your IP address using www.whatismyip.com, and paste after My originating IP:
    7. Go to https://www.superb.net/about/contact-us#phonehere
    8. Fill out the form. In the Comments section, paste the completed letter.
    9. Rinse and repeat every day until they fix it. This is what worked last time.

Technically-skilled people are encouraged to submit their own preferred multi-iteration traceroute instead of Continuum's built-in util. mtr from a Linux box is a great option, as it provides a much clearer representation of actual packetloss rates. Try this: mtr -rwc 50 -i 1.0 -rw 66.36.247.83

Visual guide for how to use Continuum's Trace: http://imgur.com/a/BHCRt

You can also try contacting HopOne with the same info, though when I tried a couple of days ago, the contact form was broken.
    https://www.hopone.net/contact-us/

And, if you're willing, you're encouraged to use the Chat feature on either Superb.net or Hopone.net and explain the situation to them, and see what they are doing about the problem. (Or call them directly.) Reference Ticket #553598 and ask them what they're doing to resolve it. Every time someone reports, chats, calls, etc., this gets bumped in priority.

-----COPY BELOW THIS LINE-----

Hello,

I'm a player of the game Subspace. Our game server at 66.36.247.83 has been hosted by your company for more than a decade. Many players, including me, have been experiencing extremely high packetloss, and our game server is forced to reboot several times a day as a result of it, ruining many games. The packetloss is occurring en route to the server, starting at certain entry points to Hopone, and therefore, appears unrelated to our server specifically. This has been happening for nearly a week, and is disrupting our ability to play the game. We had a similar problem in February 2015, when you discovered the cause to be a well-hidden DDoSer originating from part of your network.

We already have a support ticket in (Ticket 553598), but our head administrator may not be available to respond to it, as the email address you have on file for him is possibly outdated. Also, it's safe to say that as one of the multi-millionaire creators of Skype and Kazaa, he's a difficult man to reach.

Please add my traceroute report, found below, to the ticket. I will continue to submit reports to help diagnose this issue until it can be resolved.

My originating IP: ---(Go to https://www.whatismyip.com/ and paste your IP here)---

---(Paste traceroute report here)---

Thank you for your time.
    Last edited by qan; 06-24-2017, 02:05 AM.
    "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
    -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Done it today :

Tracing Zone: SSCU Trench Wars IP Address: 66.36.247.83

Cycles: 2535

(Yes i send them the complete tracing file)
    Last edited by A-ss; 06-24-2017, 02:21 AM.

Comment

When I first started playing.. trace would show a full long list for me and I could actually see where I was getting latency. For some reason now when I trace I get 6 Ip's listed and then in the 7 and 8 slot it shows

7 ....

8 ....

with a green dot that flashes in between them.. No info is shown no matter how long I wait in these slots. When I've done Trace when I have super bad ping, the same display is shown showing no issue and the problem area remains unlisted. The 7 slots I do see show a normal connection yet my ping is 130-160 ms with s2c starting around 6.0% . When I wait in game for 30 to 40 minutes it usually slowly drops and hovers around 1.5% s2c. The ping stays high though. I notice high ping and latency tend to happen for me in the evening and when high numbers of players are in the zone. As I've said before I literally live 1 mile from our server in Washington DC.

This was my display just now.. all seems stable and normal at this moment

http://imgur.com/a/N1Mvz

But this is the display when it goes haywire in evenings

http://imgur.com/a/CTZLV

I notice I get these cycles that seem to fluctuate daily. For me trace refuses to show the issue though.. makes me scratch my head.

Oh also... even when ping seems normal like it is now.. the delay on pub bot is still happening where if you attach quickly to a terr in base and drop off it warps you back out into lower base where starting spawn was supposed to happen.. quite annoying heheh . Anyone have this issue too or know why the trace stops for me on 7 and 8 slot showing only ... and being totally undefined?

This is my trace picture that shows what I mean on the 7/8 spots

http://imgur.com/a/0IdlC
      Last edited by Jessup; 06-24-2017, 02:33 PM.
      TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
      TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
      TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
      TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
      TSLD CHAMPION 2018
      TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Are we positive the bot lag/ double warp issues in pub are server related? My ping is 20 ms and 0.0 s2c and c2s yet the twpub is still slow to respond and warping 2 times after attaching to terrs. Could it be something else as far as the slow bot response zone has been seeing?
        TSLD CHAMPION 2018
        TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Screenshot of Evening Lag.. It just jumped up and is horrible .. was good all day until now.. ran a trace and again it will not show me where the ping is coming from

http://imgur.com/a/66LgM
          TSLD CHAMPION 2018
          TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

fix this lag bullshit
            Leland

Comment

Please also post your traceroutes in this thread so we can update our existing support ticket with as much info as possible.
              Best> Para is the only guy i know who can put a quarter up his nostrils lol

Comment

Originally posted by Wirah View Post
                Please also post your traceroutes in this thread so we can update our existing support ticket with as much info as possible.
                Mef, remember the KEY is to play from Austin, TX.... LOLS
                3x TWLD All-Star
                2x TWLD Finals MVP
                2x TWLD Champion

TWLD Champion 'Season 11'

TWLD Champion 'Season 14'

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	trace.png
Views:	1
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	1282224
                  3x TWLD All-Star
                  2x TWLD Finals MVP
                  2x TWLD Champion

TWLD Champion 'Season 11'

TWLD Champion 'Season 14'

Comment

So..........I know we have fairly high ping in the zone especially in the evenings (EST) but part of me is wondering about the pub issues. Why are the other bots not acting like twpubsystem with this lag? I just started elim bot and it was right on time. Zones work right on time with javduel, wbduel and base. Adds are pretty much ok on time. Sometimes a slight delay but nothing like what is going on in pub. The delay in warp is WAY more than 130 milliseconds.. it is a delay that seems like it is the 2500ms range or more. Could it possibly be an issue with the coding in twpubsystem? !help commands are even 3 seconds to respond. Something isn't adding up in my opinion with this lag issue. Call me crazy but I am starting to think the issue is in twpubsystem. Have we checked the coding recently? Has something become corrupted?
                    TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                    TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

TW/EG/Chaos are back up but our packetloss issue remains.

We will continue to have unplayable packetloss for some players, recycle regularly, have constant problems related to bots, etc., until this is resolved.

I have reason to believe the comment forms on Superb.net are broken (perhaps intentionally). The one on Hopone is definitely broken. So these reports may have been going into the void. If you're angry about that, trust me, so am I.

We need to turn up the heat on these greedy, irresponsible bastards. Here's the next step. Rather than comment forms, we're going to have to contact them directly. EDIT: Or please use this very slick form set up by Wirah!

Go to superb.net and click Chat Now, or call 888-354-6128 (EDIT: this number may just be ad spam at certain times of the day. These guys are pro skinflints) You can also call their HQ here: 808-544-0387 Or any of these offices: 703-564-9887 571-282-6387 206-438-5887 You can also send faxes here: 808-441-0952

Or you can also contact hopone.net at these numbers: 703-564-5400 206-438-5900 571-282-6400

Tell them you're experiencing game-breaking packetloss to the trenchwars.org server at 66.36.247.83, hosted by Superb. Ask them what the hell they're doing about it. Don't let them go until they give you an answer. If they try to get you off the phone, give them your contact details, and tell them you expect a follow-up within 24 hours. Tell them if you don't hear back from them, you'll come back and so will a couple of your friends. In other words, they need to learn that they can't stonewall us.

If you have a traceroute or SS trace, provide that. You can also show a report from mtr or WinMTR: http://winmtr.net You can give them your IP address with the instructions in the OP, and tell them what part of the world you're trying to reach the server from.

If you already tried to submit an SS Trace with the comment form, please try emailing that to this address, with your location: jred@superb.net

It's this simple: once enough people have complained, they must take action. The more people who complain, and the more often, the faster they have to resolve the issue on their network. POiD confirms this is the only way they ever got up off their butts to fix the problem last time. Of course, back then, the comment forms worked just fine. Now they wised up. So we've got to beat them at their own game and start taking it to them, where they can't squirm away.

Don't be afraid to be rude. Have fun with it, if you want. They should know you're angry and that we're not going to stop until this gets fixed.
                      Last edited by qan; 07-03-2017, 06:22 PM.
                      "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
                      -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

+100 qan

Well said. This is unacceptable and we need to take them to task on this issue!
                        TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                        TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Have you called HopOne to discuss whether they can reset the server affecting the region of people who now have packetloss? This has worked time and time again in the past, even in the post-PriitK era. In the past we have just had to have PriitK email them to request the reset and they did it. Speak to M_M God about this.

Comment

I suggest filing a BBB report:
                            https://www.bbb.org/hawaii/business-...lu-hi-53034121

Comment

Can you switch hosting providers?

Comment

Working...
                              X