TSLB Matchmaking Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Attacks View Post
    With the same people being benched I think we should move to whoever first signups by using !playing are the first to play, and not !open before all games have finished. Shouldnt be the same best players, I would ask those who have played 3 games in a row make way for people who keep benching so that they get a game in the meantime
    It's not really an option for people to "make way" for people who keep benching. You don't know if you will get benched or not so it's not worth it to not type !playing. Also, if someone has been getting spots over a consistent benched person, they would have to be even skill in order to give up their spot.
    In game alias: mvp

twdt-b 2017 finalist
    twlb 2020 and 2023 champ cheerleader
    twdt-b 2020 and 2021 champ

Comment

Originally posted by Omega Red View Post
      There's 2 conflicting ideas here so we need to decide on what this league will be about.

1. Is the point of the league to create the most fun games possible? (highest skill level players available)

2. OR is the point of the league to be inclusive and include all players in all skill levels?

In basing special ships are much more crucial to have a successful competitive game. That's what having a reliable terrier like Ogron play as opposed to FISHY!!!!! is important. The way it seems to be set up is it puts bad players in spider, which is OK for me as long as the other team has a shitter as well.

BUT I do agree that is not right that players want to play base and get consistently benched.
      Meh.. Last night Ogron was just toying around with Bellflowers. Ogron is like the only terr left who is taking this league seriously.
      Trasher and Dreamwin are currently battling for #2 without even terring all games.. That says enough I think.

But there is nothing wrong with letting people like Bellflowers and Henry Saari (love you) terr against each other. Why do people have to play the same ship over and over again? Just like Attacks stated before, I liked sharking but he gets no chance, Porkjet wanted to try spidding more but he gets no chance either cuz he gets put into shark all the time.

I dont think highest skill level players in automatically means more fun games. Last night the game Ogron vs Bellflowers was actually nice to play in general. And there were only 3 'top' basers playing. It shouldnt be like that if you are top player in shark/terr that you automatically play. Neither if you are like me the second 'terr' in the database atm. I thought the league was made for everyone to join in. Yet in base we are making it hard for 'newbs' to join in or let people learn a new ship.
      Major Crisis

Comment

Working...
      X