TSLB Matchmaking Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TSLB Matchmaking Issues

So, we all know the bot has made some pretty bad teams, which often end up in complete rapes.

But another issue is that people get benched so often, I'll use Cres as an example here. He signed up for like 4 TSLB games and got into 1 of them.

The best solution I can come up with is preventing bot from benching the same people over and over, have some kind of limit on it.

This is a league that is supposed to be somewhat inclusive - unlike, for example, TWDT, which really never was. New people won't ever get into basing if they're benched all the time. Another issue is the constant rage that some people direct at less competent players for mistakes, but I suppose not much can be done about that.
    JAMAL> laggy no skill nebwie
    JuanJuan> you a fucking lagass cheater
    mAZe Of tOrM> try more faggot
    mAZe Of tOrM> u suck dick

Shadowmere> Nice lag you fagf

Originally posted by Trasher View Post
    So, we all know the bot has made some pretty bad teams, which often end up in complete rapes.

But another issue is that people get benched so often, I'll use Cres as an example here. He signed up for like 4 TSLB games and got into 1 of them.

The best solution I can come up with is preventing bot from benching the same people over and over, have some kind of limit on it.

This is a league that is supposed to be somewhat inclusive - unlike, for example, TWDT, which really never was. New people won't ever get into basing if they're benched all the time. Another issue is the constant rage that some people direct at less competent players for mistakes, but I suppose not much can be done about that.
    Right i'm going to say things exactly as they are, , we had large showings of players from public the first few TSL games, Good job at shouting at them because you can't handle losing and making them not bother again, (you the players know exactly who you are),secondly 8 of more or less the same players benched 3 games of basing in a row, People who played in all 3 of those games and wouldn't make way for other players, did you not at any point think perhaps its time someone else had a go? Trasher was the only one I saw do this.

If you want to make a team where you win all the time play only 8v8 and play with the same players go put your name on the TWDT captain page, pick only your friends or people who are good and come back in the fall.

Please respect other players around the zone regardless of skill level.
    Last edited by Attacks; 06-27-2017, 10:45 PM.
    British> my 18th tomoz $$
    Sol ^> 18 and scouse, so that two kids you have by now, brit? :)

i.d.> I just farted and shit myself alittle bit

Comment

I would rather go 9vs9 or 10vs10 than 6vs6 or 7vs7. Could you just upper the limit of players in 1 game? Say 8vs8 is the standard but if there were some extra players we would turn the games into 9vs9 or 10vs10.
      Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
      Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
      Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
      Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
      Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
      Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
      Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

I wrote new drafting code last weekend. Thats with ogron and qan now.

Having worked on the draft I can tell you it's important for balance that lower skill players are benched. The fewer number of higher skill players the harder it is to make x complete teams.

As for benching.. we had one round of 6v6 6v6 6v6 7v7 but everyone wanted 8v8 8v8 8v8 instead, myself included. Imo dropping to 6s ruins it for everyone, so I'd rather bench a couple of people.

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
          Having worked on the draft I can tell you it's important for balance that lower skill players are benched. The fewer number of higher skill players the harder it is to make x complete teams.

As for benching.. we had one round of 6v6 6v6 6v6 7v7 but everyone wanted 8v8 8v8 8v8 instead, myself included. Imo dropping to 6s ruins it for everyone, so I'd rather bench a couple of people.
          Keep in mind, especially if we use individual ship ratings, the quality of the basing teams really will depend on both enough basers showing, and players (including lesser-knowns) being accurately rated. Both are hard to rely on. The first is luck, the second is a lot of effort.

6s were indeed dropped recently.

I wrote new drafting code last weekend. Thats with ogron and qan now.
          Willing to write it in Java? (Basically the same language as C# anyhow. Very simple to port.) Happy to set you up with the code. My time is a bit limited, at least at the moment. I might have more time coming soon, but can't make any big promises.

Originally posted by Dreamwin
          I would rather go 9vs9 or 10vs10 than 6vs6 or 7vs7. Could you just upper the limit of players in 1 game? Say 8vs8 is the standard but if there were some extra players we would turn the games into 9vs9 or 10vs10.
          Actually a pretty interesting idea.

Originally posted by Trasher
          Another issue is the constant rage that some people direct at less competent players for mistakes, but I suppose not much can be done about that.
          Well, there's one thing, at least: Be the chemo you want to see in the world, ね?
          "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
          -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

More than 8v8 would be shit because holding a cram would be too easy. First tek would win. It would require a different map.

Comment

Qan - yeah can do the port i guess, less familiar with Java but not totally alien.

Whats the best way to communicate whatever I need to get started?

I also still need the actual live ratings. It's essential that the ratings are per ship and that I can set correct calibration based on it being centigrade rather than stars.

Comment

nope
                Last edited by Pressure; 08-01-2017, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Loool thix. You straight up trashed Helious for 20 minutes straight. You should be happy these players are even giving Basing a shot. I know I feel happy when I see the likes omega red struggling in my division. I give him encouragement alongside other squaddies.
                  1:vys> you're doing great omega red
                  1:Best> yeah man keep it up
                  1:zidane> excellent work omega red.

We all need to be more like fu inc. squad
                  Best warbird to ever enter trenchwars

Comment

This is absolutely ridiculous and an outrage.
                    FIRST BASER TO MVP BACK TO BACK ROUNDS AND WIN IN TWDT-D FINALS - SEASON 24 2021
                    SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2022
                    SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2021
                    SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2020

TWLB CHAMP x4 dicE
                    TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 10
                    TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 11
                    TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 15
                    TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 16 /2017 TWDT SPIDER CHAMPION / MVP (MOST KILLS)
                    #1 RANKED TWL SPIDER FORBES MAGAZINE, OVER 40K KILLS IN TWLB (MOST IN TW HISTORY)

Comment

Originally posted by Vys View Post
                      Loool thix. You straight up trashed Helious for 20 minutes straight. You should be happy these players are even giving Basing a shot. I know I feel happy when I see the likes omega red struggling in my division. I give him encouragement alongside other squaddies.
                      1:vys> you're doing great omega red
                      1:Best> yeah man keep it up
                      1:zidane> excellent work omega red.

We all need to be more like fu inc. squad
                      You're right I need to be more like this

zidane> omega red what ship don't you play
                      zidane> ur sick at every ship

Comment

It's not only TSLB that has the same people benching over and over.
                        In the first weeks I saw in javs the same people getting benched as well. While people like Henry Saari has played all games they could (I only got benched once as well though). No one likes to bench... But when you have double of the game as most people, the bot should bench you more often. That's for two reasons, give others the chance to play and reach the 20 games quota. But also because someone with 50 games has a better oppurtinity to get 20 top ranked games than someone who only played 25 games.

And about the even teams. I doubt the bot will ever succeed in it. It's not a problem imo if you switch around in the teams to make it more even. Last weekend we had 7 people on our team who could easily shark, while the opponent only had one shark. But that team was stacked with spids, so they won it easily. I think if one of the sharks switched with one of the spids it would have been more even.
                        Major Crisis

Comment

just have the caps pick teams from the people that get assigned to the arena. in general that would probably work out pretty well, most caps are pretty knowledgeable; thats why they were assigned cap. that would probably give the most even teams per 16 chosen.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Mc - my drafting code does succeed in it.

Comment

Another point I'd like to bring up is that players such as Porkjet are basically forced to play 1 ship in basing due to balancing issues. Porkjet is probably rated a 100 in basing due to his sharking and in order to make sure teams are balanced he doesn't have the liberty to try any other ship such as spider, which he has expressed an interest in.

Also, I 100% agree that nerd loser veterans should stop raging at newbie/avg players who are attempting to try and play new ships. You faggots have TWL and TWDT to cry in. Let TSL be actually inclusive.

To Qan/Beasty: Let Ogron have bot control. Not sure why this is even an issue.
                              1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Working...
                              X