TSL All-Star Qualifcation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TSL All-Star Qualifcation

The overhauled qualifications will simplify the process and adjust to the increased amount of games over the season.

TSLD: Your 20 best games in Warbird (10 All-Star medals)
    TSLJ
    : Your 20 best games in Javelin (10 All-Star medals)
    TSLB: Your 20 best games in Spider or Terrier or Shark (18 All-Star medals)

Due to the sheer amount of games, we will not be prorating games in different basing ships. The process will be as follows: The 10 top spiders with the highest combined 20 spider games will be selected, then the 4 top sharks with the highest combined 20 shark games, then the 2 top terriers with the highest combined 20 terr games, then the 2 top multi-ship players with the highest combined 20 games in any ship (max 10 games per ship) who have played at least 10 games in two different ships (I don't want players like Oder and Major who provide value by playing 10 games in terr, 10 games in spider, and 10 games in shark at a large disadvantage trying to make the Finals competing against players who specialize in 1 ship.)

The 2 top multi-ship players will receive an All-Star medal, but are alternates in the Finals, and will only play if one of the top 16 starters in the main ships does not show or lags.

Clarifying and cementing the process should help avoid drama and confusion down the road.

Note: The Basing Standings do not reflect the per ship values that will determine selection. They are simply the 20 best games in every ship right now. I will separate those values on a per ship basis at a later date. If you want to know how much actual value you have a single ship, add up your best 20 scores in spider, terr, or shark. For the multi-ship category add up your 20 best games in terr, shark, and spider, but only include a maximum of 10 games from each of those 3 ships in the calculation.

Addendum: If subs are required beyond the 2 Multi-Ship alternates or those players cannot fulfill the required position to maintain balanced lines, the TWDT Head Op will fill the spot with a choice that satisfies the following criteria: 1) Best fit for both ship-type and talent-level 2) High Ranking on the TSLB Ladder (not required to be the highest)

---

Initial Post:

So, we were projected to play 34 games for the season, with a requirement of playing 20/34 overall, or 10/14 on Sundays to qualify for the Finals as a TSL All-Star.

Given the pace we're going at, and with the likely addition of an extra week, we're going to hit 100 games of TSL per league.

There is also the issue that I've recently realized -- there is going to be significant overlap between the Overall and Sunday categories, and no good solution as to who would be next in line to qualify as an All-star -- the next best overall players, or the next best Sunday players? I can foresee a lot of rage, forum posts, help calls, and drama over this. Given that we're on pace for over 30 Sunday games, and I'm not seeing many (if any) Sunday-only players, I think it might be a better idea to simply have your value be the Top 20 games you've played.

The initial 10/14 Sunday games required 71% showrate, while showing 20/30 now is 66%, so it would still be lower than initial estimates, and players can easily hit 20 games showing up one day a week -- regardless of which day it is.

I think 20/100+ is a fair and achievable goal for most players, especially competitive ones.

So, to recap, what I'm considering at the moment:

Eliminate the Sunday-only category, and make it simply Overall, requiring 20 of 100+ games, a target most players are easily exceeding.
    Last edited by ogron; 08-02-2017, 02:48 AM.
    top 100 basers list

I was just about to ask about this. I think this is a good move and think it's the most fair for everyone.
    In game alias: mvp

twdt-b 2017 finalist
    twlb 2020 and 2023 champ cheerleader
    twdt-b 2020 and 2021 champ

Comment

Quite frankely im happy with whatever as long as you dont bring in a rule where you have to win X number of games to qualify
      British> my 18th tomoz $$
      Sol ^> 18 and scouse, so that two kids you have by now, brit? :)

i.d.> I just farted and shit myself alittle bit

Comment

yea i dont like this 10 game thing or 20 game thing. at the rate the games are being played (grats to Ogron and Henry and all of staffers who hosting) there will way more games played. should be based on consistency and not 1 hit wonder rounds

Comment

Originally posted by Attacks View Post
          Quite frankely im happy with whatever as long as you dont bring in a rule where you have to win X number of games to qualify
          this prompted me to check your win ratio...you've won 2 rounds out of 13. LOL. I thought my luck had been bad at the start of TSLD....
          TWL-J Season 11 Champion
          TWL-J Season 21 Champion
          TWL-B Season 21 Champion
          TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
          TWDT-D 2017 Champion
          TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Yeah I got a severe case of rickoitus lol
            British> my 18th tomoz $$
            Sol ^> 18 and scouse, so that two kids you have by now, brit? :)

i.d.> I just farted and shit myself alittle bit

Comment

Attacks has a bad case of Rickoitis attacking his TSL receptors
              top 100 basers list

Comment

All-Star qualifications have been updated
                top 100 basers list

Comment

What zidane said. I have close to highest average $ per game in every league but still not in the top 10 in anything. Im afraid that someone who goes 13-9 in every fourth game and 3-10 in the rest, takes the final spot. Due to playing so many games on where euros cant show i think we are in huge disadvantage.

I dont mind too much tho, its good to see the zone active.
                  Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
                  Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
                  Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
                  Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
                  Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
                  Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
                  Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

I am the top

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamwin View Post
                      Im afraid that someone who goes 13-9 in every fourth game and 3-10 in the rest, takes the final spot.
                      u done vsing my jafelin
                      1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamwin View Post
                        What zidane said. I have close to highest average $ per game in every league but still not in the top 10 in anything. Im afraid that someone who goes 13-9 in every fourth game and 3-10 in the rest, takes the final spot. Due to playing so many games on where euros cant show i think we are in huge disadvantage.

I dont mind too much tho, its good to see the zone active.
                        I am sure you will be fine. In jav, you have played 7 games and are in 11th place. What you can do in 20 games vs someone in 40 games is significant enough for you to make the all star lineup.
                        In game alias: mvp

twdt-b 2017 finalist
                        twlb 2020 and 2023 champ cheerleader
                        twdt-b 2020 and 2021 champ

Comment

Is it possible to make the tslb all star after missing the first 3 weeks? Been relatively busy this summer.
                          TWLD Champion 2014
                          TWDTB Champion 2013
                          TWDTB Champion 2016
                          TWDTB Champion 2017
                          TWDTB Champion 2019.. my last one.
                          -tj hazuki/hazuki :wub:

Comment

Working...
                          X