Real "Terrier" Statistics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real "Terrier" Statistics

Since the current "TSLB Standings" designate players as a certain ship, and then include statistics that they have played in other ships into their ranking, they inaccurately represent player statistics. I know with time the money value ratings will improve, since you have to play more games for it to be accurate, but as it stands the "cumulative" stats negatively impact terr ratings. For example, Oder is considered a terr on the standings, but has a 39:65 K-D ratio. While I appreciate the hard work going into the league, and know that the value statistic will become more accurate with time as players play more games, I thought it would be cool to release the current real stats for this ship.

Therefore, I took on the task of collecting players' statistics who are currently considered "terrs" on the TSLB standings. I separated their games played by ship to give a more accurate representation of the stats for players who have terred in TSL. This list excludes players like bellflowers and Raples and some others because, of course, no one gives a shit. I also did not look into the statistics of players who are listed as any other ship than terr (sorry Trasher, maybe I'll do yours later).

Of course, some players have played more games than others, but the only difficulty I came across in logging the stats was for Oder, who had 2 games that I didn't know whether he spidered or sharked for the full game. Every other player stat is clean. I don't have time to accommodate for discrepancies in games played or other anomalies that may get picked out. Anyway, here are the current terr statistics ranked by K-D ratio​. I may consider updating these weekly, maybe not.

EDIT: Time for/against is based in seconds, btw. So for example, 14.33 = 14 minutes 20 seconds since there's no other way to do it in excel based on minutes/seconds. Ignore the "Time for/against" for each individual game, and only consider the "Per Game" for that statistic.

Last edited by Pressure; 07-01-2017, 07:34 PM.

Kills and Teks just mean the terr prioritised getting them instead of someone else on their team getting them.
    The terr should prioritise terr priorities, NOT spider priorities.
    E.g. good placement, staying alive, shaping the entire game...

I agree that measuring K : D is an improvement over the current ratings, but I think there's still something wrong with measuring kills at all.

Regarding being designated a ship - is this really how it works? I'm forever complaining about being coloured green when I genuinely play 3 ships - whichever happens to be needed to complete the lineup we have. If I could pick one it would be terr.

Last edited by Rab; 07-01-2017, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Thinking about it a bit more, I think deaths/minute is the measurement that better reflects successful terring. Maybe there's scope for adding a small factor for kills or teks just to differentiate between players with similar d/min.

Comment

my boy posting his own stats to claim da throne

#AlternativeFacts
        1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Oh, we're posting terr stats? Fun!

I wanna play too :nice:

Don't think I've posted these anywhere before -- TWLB Terr Stats!

top 100 basers list

Comment

Rab - cool idea regarding the deaths/min statistic. Your thoughts on what a terr should be doing show a clear deficiency in your understanding of the ship, though. But keeping do you, I love hunting shy terrs

Oggy - Also interesting to see, but the second that I saw Cintra with one of the highest "aggro" ratings in history according to your stats, that entire safety/aggro feature lost credibility to me, regardless of how you respond to this post justifying them. That's a good example of how numbers on paper don't always match in-game reality. Doesn't matter how many spids were kills vs. sharks killed, or how many bullets were shot, or whatever you used to create the algorithm for the aggro/safety statistics. There are certain aspects of the game that simply cannot be quantified by statistics, and can only be objectively assessed by watching in-game. The rest is still cool to see lined up, brings back memories, thanks

Comment

Not arguing or disagreeing, just thought the scatterplot was cool :thumbsup:
              top 100 basers list

Comment

TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

WTF are you trying to say Jones lol

You need a bigger res btw.

Comment

1280x1024 windowed for life.

Comment

I think I should be put in terr more in TSL..... I can play the ship well yet am not given chances sigh. The one game I played in it I did as good as any other terr..
                      TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                      TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                      TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                      TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                      TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                      TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Go for it, but you're not even close to any of the terrs on these lists. Not to say you can't be with practice...

Comment

Originally posted by Jessup View Post
                          I think I should be put in terr more in TSL..... I can play the ship well yet am not given chances sigh. The one game I played in it I did as good as any other terr..
                          You should just step up more. Tbh terr definitely fits your style of play a lot better and I remember you killin it that game.
                          In game alias: mvp

twdt-b 2017 finalist
                          twlb 2020 and 2023 champ cheerleader
                          twdt-b 2020 and 2021 champ

Comment

Could someone explain the terr value rating process to me??

Code:
                            Result of Freq 1 vs. Freq 2: 13:10 - 15:00   07 Jul 2017 01:27:59
                            ,---------------------------------+------+------+-----------+------+------+-----+-----------+----.
                            |                               K |    D |   TK |    Points |   FT |  TeK | RPD |    Rating | LO |
                            |                          ,------+------+------+-----------+------+------+-----+-----------+----+
                            | Freq 1                  /   454 |  487 |   11 |     69724 |   19 |    7 | 579 |      1656 |  0 |
                            +------------------------'        |      |      |           |      |      |     |           |    |
                            |  bellflowers                 97 |   68 |    0 |     12737 |    1 |    0 |     |       360 |  0 |
                            |  GLYDE                       81 |   54 |    0 |     11999 |    0 |    0 |     |       302 |  0 |
                            |  Invincible                  14 |  104 |   10 |      4932 |    1 |    1 | 2.8 |        16 |  0 |
                            |  nowon                      117 |   60 |    0 |     15685 |    9 |    2 |     |       435 |  0 |
                            |  Ogron                       37 |   12 |    0 |      8074 |    2 |    3 |     |       144 |  0 |
                            |  WillBy                       7 |  107 |    1 |      3885 |    5 |    0 | 2.7 |        23 |  0 |
                            |  yeH                        101 |   82 |    0 |     12412 |    1 |    1 |     |       376 |  0 |
                            +---------------------------------+------+------+-----------+------+------+-----+-----------+----+
                            |                          ,------+------+------+-----------+------+------+-----+-----------+----+
                            | Freq 2                  /   476 |  468 |   14 |     82218 |   20 |   12 | 601 |      2769 |  1 |
                            +------------------------'        |      |      |           |      |      |     |           |    |
                            |  24                          12 |  100 |    3 |      4870 |   11 |    0 | 2.8 |       144 |  1 |
                            |  bumpa                       87 |   58 |    0 |     14746 |    1 |    2 |     |       434 |  0 |
                            |  Doughnut                   100 |   74 |    0 |     14498 |    2 |    1 |     |       482 |  0 |
                            |  Ease                       128 |   60 |    0 |     20357 |    1 |    3 |     |       586 |  0 |
                            |  Jessup                      26 |    7 |    0 |      5608 |    1 |    2 |     |       217 |  0 |
                            |  Waz.                        99 |   60 |    0 |     16119 |    2 |    2 |     |       478 |  0 |
                            |  zidane                      24 |  109 |   11 |      6020 |    2 |    2 | 2.9 |       428 |  0 |
                            `---------------------------------+------+------+-----------+------+------+-----+-----------+----'
                            Freq 2 wins this game!

MVP: Ease!
                            [/

Jessup value = $16

Ogron value = $22

I thought wins gave a better overall value to each player on team?? Shouldn't lower number of deaths terrs get also reflect bonuses.. I searched thread on value rating system and can't seem to find how this rating system works. Something appears messed up here to me ...
                            TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                            TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                            TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                            TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                            TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                            TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

It's because he got 37 kills and you got 26. This is what I've been saying the whole time. Your score was better. You should have got more value.

Comment

Working...
                              X