Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 66

Thread: Base is Rigged...................and therefore illegitimate

  1. #1
    Registered User Jessup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,176

    Base is Rigged...................and therefore illegitimate

    So someone please explain why the add process in base is rigged? Why do some players get to be added EVERY game while others like me wait patiently and get sub after sub after sub and are virtually being locked out of participating.. IT IS NOT FAIR!!! I call bs and say this is a blatantly rigged system catering to certain players predetermined to be in finals. Less game time = less stats = less chance to make finals. The ship selection is also a joke. I'd love to terr (probably my best base ship) but have been put in it 1 time and as I understand the ranking system actually penalizes players who get multi-ship adds over time. I guarantee who makes finals will have a direct link to these "locked in" prioritized players who have never gotten a sub spot... not even once. Unfortunately this system has ruined the prospect of a fair ladder and finals selection basically making basing a complete joke. The logic that this has to be done because base would suck otherwise does not fly..I've seen the line of players waiting to join base and all of them are decent enough to participate equally and besides that TSL was touted as a league that is inclusive for everyone equally and that the bot would randomize EVERYONE who showed up. Many fine basers are being screwed over and I've had enough of being quiet over this. I call total bs and that this division is completely rigged and illegitimate .
    Last edited by Jessup; 07-05-2017 at 07:38 PM.

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    683
    i tried to sub u in for afghan but ogron rigged base so i cant sub out the shitters

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    45
    Don't know what our options are to change the algorithms in the ongoing season. I think it would be only a fair setup - if uneven count for making teams - everyone !p gets the same chance to draw being the sub. Once subs are drawn. Bot makes the most even teams from rest of players.

    Another anti-elitist feature to consider is bot choosing ships for players at random. So say Jessup has a chance to have her fair share of terring and sharking etc. Maybe Holy Ship discovers he loves shark, etc.

    TSL is the next best thing since the time TWD was invented and we can make it even slightly more fun for every TW player imo.
    Last edited by skyforger; 07-05-2017 at 07:39 PM.

  4. #4
    Registered User Jessup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,176
    Benched again 5th game in a row.. stooooooooooooooopid crap..

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1
    It's pretty stupid... They should just let the first 16 players that sign up play, then everyone else after that can sub if there's not enough for a 2nd game.
    Also it was good how it was without captains... now it's sort of like ?go base but with stats? Should've just kept it the way it was

  6. #6
    Leland
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    264
    rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged rigged nigged
    Leland

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    43
    Delete

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    200
    There should be captains to pick ships, having bot randomly pick ships for people is the worst idea ever. Game is messy as it is, imagine having someone who regularaly goes 1:2 ratio in spider in a terr or a shark? Thats a certain loss. Captains are in place so there can be some sort of structure to teams and some semblance to competitive gaming.

    Regarding making it easier for lower rating players to get in im all in, i dont think its fair that the same group of people get constantly left out.

  9. #9
    Registered User olde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    265

    Even the bot knows u hide.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jessup View Post
    So someone please explain why the add process in base is rigged? Why do some players get to be added EVERY game while others like me wait patiently and get sub after sub after sub and are virtually being locked out of participating.. IT IS NOT FAIR!!! I call bs and say this is a blatantly rigged system catering to certain players predetermined to be in finals. Less game time = less stats = less chance to make finals. The ship selection is also a joke. I'd love to terr (probably my best base ship) but have been put in it 1 time and as I understand the ranking system actually penalizes players who get multi-ship adds over time. I guarantee who makes finals will have a direct link to these "locked in" prioritized players who have never gotten a sub spot... not even once. Unfortunately this system has ruined the prospect of a fair ladder and finals selection basically making basing a complete joke. The logic that this has to be done because base would suck otherwise does not fly..I've seen the line of players waiting to join base and all of them are decent enough to participate equally and besides that TSL was touted as a league that is inclusive for everyone equally and that the bot would randomize EVERYONE who showed up. Many fine basers are being screwed over and I've had enough of being quiet over this. I call total bs and that this division is completely rigged and illegitimate .
    Its because your bad, and playing with you in a line is like playing down a player. U should be auto benched by bot.
    3x Claushouse stomper, gun busting tw pub warrior, #doitwidachewin one bad SOB

    born in the gutter, and chained to the radiator of a squat basement for 16 years
    We are proud to announce the triumph return. FROM ALL THE WAY IN THE BACK OF THE FOOD STAMP LINE!
    AND STRAIGHT OUTTA MOTHERFUCKING REHAB!
    IT'S THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE MOTHA FKN OLDE

  10. #10
    Plade Cap Dreamwin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,348
    I like the new update which I suggested during the first week. I dont know what you mean by "Captains will be randomized" but if someone not qualified enough gets it, the teams will be even worse than now. Say 5-6* star player in TWDT-B for example.
    Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
    Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
    Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

    Season 8 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
    Season 12 champion TWDT-J (C)
    Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
    lukas93> IF U LL THAT SHIT I GO MOUTH TO YOUR DOOR AND I (TRNSLE THIS) MANDO TO HOSPITAL

  11. #11
    who u Crescent Seal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,583
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamwin View Post
    I like the new update which I suggested during the first week. I dont know what you mean by "Captains will be randomized" but if someone not qualified enough gets it, the teams will be even worse than now. Say 5-6* star player in TWDT-B for example.
    This basically happened yesterday. Bot chose Zidane (10*) and Omega (8*) and that was enough to create a lop sided game (15-2). It won't be easy to get balanced caps every game though so just embrace the challenges.
    1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

    1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

    5:Eggboy32> easier is to pee in bucket and drop it on ur head and let it soak down

    Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

    Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

    Klean-X> because i am armenian
    wicket666> its american

  12. #12
    Major Crisis/Ownix Major Crisis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    592
    Quote Originally Posted by Crescent Seal View Post
    This basically happened yesterday. Bot chose Zidane (10*) and Omega (8*) and that was enough to create a lop sided game (15-2). It won't be easy to get balanced caps every game though so just embrace the challenges.

    Capable host should just assign caps or something out of those 16 players. It's not that hard..
    Major Crisis

  13. #13
    who u Crescent Seal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,583
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Crisis View Post
    Capable host should just assign caps or something out of those 16 players. It's not that hard..


    1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

    1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

    5:Eggboy32> easier is to pee in bucket and drop it on ur head and let it soak down

    Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

    Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

    Klean-X> because i am armenian
    wicket666> its american

  14. #14
    Registered User Jessup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,176
    Any TSL OP have anything to say?? or do you concede it is a rigged system and illegitimate .. silence is complicity

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Crisis View Post
    Capable host should just assign caps or something out of those 16 players. It's not that hard..
    I agree with cres about picking similarly ranked captains of the same ship in order to make it even. So if ogron is one captain, thix should be the other. If trasher is a cap then nowon the other, etc etc for each ship.

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    683
    the only reason omega red lost was because he picked afghan. this noobie thinks hes too good to underspid despite being absolute trash at all ships and a complete nobody

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    10
    Completely rigged lately no matter how many players sign up bot has benched me. It's been like almost 7 games in a row now it's ridiculous

  18. #18
    's 1959 manteca paradise!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    ahia
    Posts
    3,071
    Quote Originally Posted by zidane View Post
    the only reason omega red lost was because he picked afghan. this noobie thinks hes too good to underspid despite being absolute trash at all ships and a complete nobody
    dude why are u still so serious about this game
    big sean> L!O!L!
    Cres> ?
    Cres> its mine now.
    destruct <> WATER U DEWIN
    paradise> Dewin? Ill take that. using that now
    destruct <> u welcum
    thix> Lol this shit is ban hannah's.
    cripple> ?
    paradise> ?
    Cres> You can keep that one.

  19. #19
    Registered User Jessup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,176
    Quote Originally Posted by GLYDE123 View Post
    Completely rigged lately no matter how many players sign up bot has benched me. It's been like almost 7 games in a row now it's ridiculous
    Same here glyde.. its pathetic and at this point they won't even try and defend themselves.. the message for anyone who isn't getting added is.. STFU and GO AWAY. New lows for trench wars and it is rotten to the core.

    How about this..

    I request TSL OPS to show the preferred player list so we know how many are on it.. and then explain to players who show up who are not on their chances to be added. The reality is if you are not on the list you get a 7% to 5% to play ....if that.. probably even less.. This is SHAMEFUL and something must be done!!!!

  20. #20
    give life, take death qan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    oly, wa
    Posts
    697
    It's a pretty simple algorithm at present. If you're lower-rated in a league (or unrated), you are much more likely to be benched. If you're rated, you're almost guaranteed to play.

    A random element is introduced to each rating for every round in order to mix things up a bit. So if there's a big group of unrated players !playing, it's kind of a crapshoot if you get in or not, based on that deviation. Might be worth trying an increased deviation.

    But yeah, if there are 10 people getting benched and you're not a baser, you can almost guarantee you'll be warming up some wood that round.

    Unfortunately, matchmaking in this small a community is extremely difficult to do both fairly and in a way that the games are still competitive. Especially the weekday games will have this problem.
    "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
    -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •