Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• League Updates

Season 2 of TSL

I think we'll start TSL Season 2 starting in August, and run it concurrent with TWDT. When TWDT starts, we'll run bonus rounds of TSL after the TWDT games are completed. So the 3/4/5 slots will be taken by TWDT, then run probably two games of TSL in each league afterwards.

Season 1 of TSL

We'll aim for around 100-ish games (I believe we're at around 45) and probably finish up this season in about a month. I'm still working on what Finals will be.

This is the first draft of the TSL medals.

This is a Semi-Finals for the #11-40 players in TSLD and TSLJ I'm considering. This is in the conceptual stage (I'm also considering allowing anyone in the 11-40 ranks to team up with anyone in those ranks and the final team standing in a deathmatch become TSL Finals subs/alternates). There is still a good chance there won't be a Semi-Final, and it will simply be the regular season and a Final, but I'm feeling out options.

I'd expect another 4 weeks of TSL regular season, and we'll be near the mid-way point next Sunday.

TSLBot

We're still waiting on some important updates, including lag checks, better TSLB matchmaking, and a few other things. Those are still in the pipe, and no fixed dates for those as of yet.
    top 100 basers list

Remember, it's around a 100 game season, so there's still plenty of time for even returning players who get in and play the final 55-ish games left in all three leagues and qualify for the Finals
    top 100 basers list

Comment

I think we'll start TSL Season 2 starting in August, and run it concurrent with TWDT.
      First I've heard of this. Interesting.

I think it's wise to talk to the staff who would have to host these things things before announcing them. (It also keeps one from having to blame staff later if they can't fulfill your expectations.)

We're a group of volunteers, and resources are not unlimited.
      "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
      -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Originally posted by qan View Post
        First I've heard of this. Interesting.

I think it's wise to talk to the staff who would have to host these things things before announcing them. (It also keeps one from having to blame staff later if they can't fulfill your expectations.)

We're a group of volunteers, and resources are not unlimited.
        1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

TWDT is slated to run October/November, maybe late September at the earliest (leagues suffer in the summer).

The current season of TSL is slated to end in early August.

That leaves a two month gap between the end of TSL Season 1, and TWDT Season 15.

As we head towards more and more automation in TSL, such as eliminating the need for boxscores (something players themselves can post), and TSLBot rating the quality of subs, we can reduce the burden on hosting and shift that towards mature, proven players who can act as player-hosts of sorts.

With 100 games a season, something going wrong or a bad sub or abuse isn't going to prove fatal like it would in TWL or TWDT, and can be rectified after the fact.

TWL is dead, and it looks like TWD is dead, too.

Without another TSL season afterwards, what is going to keep people coming back?

We have to continue to work towards reducing our reliance on hosts, and try to make TSL as automated as TWD.
          top 100 basers list

Comment

Working...
          X