Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TSL ALL-STARS

Here are your TSL Season 1 All-Stars!

Congrats to Ease, Zidane, and Ogron on being Three League All-Stars!

Props to Trasher, Iron Survivor, Mythril, Geio, Racka, 24, Spezza, and Kess on becoming Two League All-Stars!

Felicitations to Kentaro and Beam on being TSLD All-Stars, Tiny and Kira on becoming TSLJ All-Stars, and Pressure, Mcvicar, Henry Saari, skyforger, afghan, Hellkite, nosydawg, GLYDE, bellflowers and Omega Red on becoming TSLB All-Stars!

TSLD

Iron Survivor crushed warbird, falling a mere 3 bucks shy of hitting the $700 mark -- ouch! Nevertheless, he took the #1 spot, with Geio in hot pursuit with $639 and the clear #2, and Ogron taking the #3 spot with $601.

Ease and Mythril round out the $600 Club due to excellent play, while Racka roared up the leaderboard with a late-season push to claim the #6 seed.

Kentaro followed up a strong TWDT-D season with another solid outing, being in the Top 10 all season, while Zidane grinded it out all year and slips in at #8.

beam went into the final week with few games, but made astronomical gains with some big performances, breaking into the Top 10 for the first time only yesterday -- what a run!

Spezza was superb all season, providing us with a slow drip of games here and there, casually strolling into the Finals with great warbird play and a minimalist approach.

Attacks was fantastic this season, sitting in the Top 3 most of the last two months, but fell out two days ago due to inactivity, and unfortunately did not make the cut despite monster games like a 24-10 in a loss! Trasher was also in the Top 10 the entire season up until yesterday due to a flurry of late surges, and chose not to contest.

TSLJ

Zidane dominated TSLJ harder than any other player, irrespective of league. He led the field by an astounding $200 most of the season, and not only was the only player to hit $700 in dueling leagues, he hit $724, which is insane considering the diminishing returns at that level. He was putting out 16-5 performances in jav that didn't count towards his value. A tour-de-force.

Ease was almost as impressive, reaching the #2 seed in only 27 games! His per-game numbers were even slightly better than Zidane's, albeit with a smaller sample size.

At the #3 is Ogron, who grinded it out in javelin, posting a middling 9.2-9.1 average (and a lousy +5) through 40 games. He then somehow found his game in the second half of the season, averaging over 11 KPG in that span and clearing 10.1 KPG overall, including a shocking 21-6 to keep himself ahead of the field. Will still probably be picked last in jav.

Geio amassed $541 dollars in jav, showing multi-ship talent few knew he possessed, claiming the # spot, while Kira made a stellar late-season push, rapidly rising into the Top 10, and finishing #5 with a unique dodging style that is best described as letting go of your keyboard.

Trasher was excellent in every ship this season, taking his foot off the gas late and resting comfortably at #6, while Kess did much of the same after some impressive play in the first half of the season.

Iron Survivor chipped away at the standings all year, while Tiny, after starting the first half of the season with a negative plus-minus, stormed back in the final two weeks, including a surprise log-in while on vacation when his Top 10 position was in jeopardy. If I had to elaborate on his style of play, I would describe it as soon-to-be-divorced.

Racka didn't make a late-season push, he made a final day push, clinching the #10 spot mere hours before the final game, shocking onlookers with a late burst of god-like play, including a 14-1 game in TSLJ.

24, who had been qualified for weeks and seemed safe, fell to #11, bringing about the armageddon scenario described here, where 24 would have been in the Top 10 had those unscheduled Monday games not been played.

As previously stated, I will award 24 a TSLJ All-Star spot pro-rated to where he would have fallen (#10). If a player does not show to the Finals, 24 will replace them as a starter.

If all 10 players ahead of him show, I will sit out javs so he can play -- that way, nobody gets screwed out of their spot.

TSLB

Trasher ravaged TSLB, as he has many a TWLB and TWDT-B season, proving the most prolific player across all three ships, dazzling spectators with a vast array of skills in terr, shark and spider. He mainly focused on spider, however, where he was a force, finishing #1 overall with 700$ (I prorated all the basing values to better contextualize them between each other and the other two leagues -- expect that to be a permanent change going into Season 2.)

Defending TWDT-B Champions Spezza finished #2 despite playing relatively few games, showing his utter dominance in spider, and was worth 2 spiders every game.

Kess took #3 with a fiery zest for victory as both an overspider and an underspider, displaying his mastery of the ship with $645, and will play in his second consecutive basing Final since his return.

Henry Saari earned $645, capturing the #4 seed with a great season, and will look to win his first basing final, while Ease casually nabbed a TSLB All-Star spot in a mere 27 games!

skyforger has made his presence felt in basing since his return to the game, notching his second straight basing Final, taking the #6 seed with $608, while afghan impressed with some very nice play this season as well, taking #7.

Hellkite is one of the most well known basers in the zone, and he was a beast in both spider and shark in TSL, but he cut his teeth on spider and ultimately qualified as the #8 spider with a late push that saw him rise quickly through the ranks. nosydawg has been a TWDT-B staple for years now, constantly impressing as one of the best low-star spiders in the zone, and may be too good to maintain that distinction come TWDT in September! Last but not least, GLYDE had a good season in spider and take the #10 slot with $567.

In terr, Ogron held the #1 spot all season and never relinquished it, amassing $700. After being eliminated the past two TWDT-B seasons by Ogron, Thix will look to regain some dignity and not make it three in a row, as he takes the #2 seed with $686.

In shark, Zidane racheted up the shrap and the teks and took the top spot, as he and Mcvicar traded the #1 seed throughout the season with excellent, aggressive play.

Mythril made a strong late-season push to clinch the #3 seed, while 24, after some solid TWDT-B play the past two years, is finally making the leap in base, reaching his first Final with $489.

Final Thoughts

I want to thank everyone for showing and playing, especially all the hosts and contributors. There are too many to name, but Henry Saari, Geio, and Mythril come to mind as stalwarts constantly there lending a helping hand.

If you see Qan in game, be sure to PM or ?message him a thanks, he was by far the biggest reason for TSL's success along with myself and did all the bot work and coding, despite not even getting to play.

I think the first season of TSL was a success and could help extend the life of Trench Wars a bit. We're already hard at work on Season 2, looking to automate the league and have Standings post to a website, along with other fixes like drastically improved matchmaking algorithms, on top of automating MMR in TSLJ and TWLD using your stats once you've reached a certain number of games.

The zone being down two Sundays was a blow, but I think we weathered it fairly well. The lack of captains, teams, and accountability require a heavier hand than TWL or TWDT in terms of moderation, which makes me look like a power-tripping ogre, but I don't see any other way to manage it due to its unique structure.

Nevertheless, I think most players acted in good faith and played fairly normally, which is appreciated. The timetable for Season 2 of TSL is late August or early September, with TWDT Signups beginning around the same time.

In order to beat American Thanksgiving, the draft will have to occur on September 24th.

As for Season 1 of TSL, the Finals will take place this Sunday, starting at 2pm EST.

Good luck to all the players!
    Last edited by ogron; 08-05-2017, 03:38 PM.
    top 100 basers list

TSL Finals

top 100 basers list

Comment

Warms my heart not seeing Jessup in any list

Congrats to everyone who made finals, especially to less experienced players GLYDE, nosy, skyforger, afghan and bellflowers.

Hope we have some fun finals on sunday and that all goes smoothly.
      Author of the clutchest and most tilting TEK of the century.

1:cripple> i luv lbj cock
      1:cripple> if he paid me 50k for every time i gave him a bj i'd do it

Comment

Originally posted by kess View Post

Congrats to everyone who made finals, especially to less experienced players GLYDE, nosy, skyforger, afghan and bellflowers.

Hope we have some fun finals on sunday and that all goes smoothly.
        i wouldnt call bell and sky less experienced... theyve been playing the game as long as me now but finally getting an opportunity is true. Congrats to all those invovled! Looking forward to playing more in season 2.
        TWLD Champion 2014
        TWDTB Champion 2013
        TWDTB Champion 2016
        TWDTB Champion 2017
        TWDTB Champion 2019.. my last one.
        -tj hazuki/hazuki :wub:

Comment

The spider category was definitely the way to go given that it has the most spots and an abnormally large amount of TWLB spiders who had just played TWDT did not participate (Turban, Stayon, M_M God, Ricko, Bacon, Skatarius, Dreamwin, Davy, Zizzo, Ra, Mr. Homo, pavement, Cripple, Hulk, wbm, sphinx, Mean Gene), but the spiders who made it definitely have been at it for a few years and I'm glad they're getting a chance to showcase their abilities in the TSLB Finals.

skyforger played back in the day, can both over and under, and was in the last TWDT-B Finals two months ago. afghan has been basing for awhile now, too, with some good performances in TWDT.

nosydawg has been prominent in the TWDT-B playoffs too, and has gained a lot of respect from veteran basers the past two years. Even notoriously cantankerous players like Zidane think nosy is a pretty good spider -- it's unfortunate he can't make the Finals.

Glyde is probably the biggest surprise, as I don't remember him being a fixture in TWL or TWDT, but he had some very nice games in spider in TSL. I think his bad shark play and questionable mines may have contributed to a negative image of him in base, and overshadowed his potential in spid.

Now we'll see how they stand up both with and against much stronger lines featuring extremely dangerous TWLB Finals spiders like Trasher, Spezza, Kess, Hellkite, and Ease.

A good showing with elite players would make them very sought-after commodities come TWDT :thumbsup:
          top 100 basers list

Comment

Edited in TSLB section
            Last edited by ogron; 08-05-2017, 03:56 PM.
            top 100 basers list

Comment

Claus i know this thread is filled with ur input and all, but keep ur beef with thix outside of official and sticky'd threads.

Comment

yea not very tasteful or needed in this thread

Comment

Ogron u done?
                  Major Crisis

Comment

You guys are complete buzzkills. Pre-Finals drama is good for the zone. Have it your way, then.
                    top 100 basers list

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
                      You guys are complete buzzkills. Pre-Finals drama is good for the zone. Have it your way, then.
                      This drama in specific isnt funny or entertaining. its just a petty argument between you two that no one cares about and its making u both look like tools

Comment

His forum posts will be missed
                        top 100 basers list

Comment

Also, don't forget the games start 1 hour earlier than usual due to the Best of Three format, so that they finish at a reasonable hour for Euros.
                          top 100 basers list

Comment

This drama in specific isnt funny or entertaining. its just a petty argument between you two that no one cares about and its making u both look like tools
                            Agreed.

Also, the Zid vs Omega drama was fairly entertaining, until they ended up on the same team in base, and Zid spent most of his time trying to tk Omega and repping shit at him (and the rest of his team).

Could everyone just tone it down a bit? It's <current year> and we're all, more or less, adults.

---

Anyways, good season overall, despite some hiccups (the drama, TW lagging, TW down on 2 Sundays ...). Pretty much the only thing keeping TW alive during the Summer.

Thanks to Oggy and the hosts, and hopefully the finals go smoothly.
                            JAMAL> laggy no skill nebwie
                            JuanJuan> you a fucking lagass cheater
                            mAZe Of tOrM> try more faggot
                            mAZe Of tOrM> u suck dick

Shadowmere> Nice lag you fagf

Comment

this was def. a success...tsl was a great addition to the competitive scene seeing that twd was basically dead

gj ogron/henry saari/qan/hosts for putting in the effort...hopefully the bots make it 100% automated in the future 2 avoid the drama/chaos/inefficiency

gl 2 all fgt-fuks in the finals...put that noobie medal screenshot on ur fridge
                              1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Working...
                              X