Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me understand...

Qan,
    So for the last few months I have logged on and tried to support Pub. But I end up leaving in frustration due to the code that is forcing 'balanced' frequencies. If I want to base, why am I being forced onto a freq which not is basing? Over and over I enter Pub, there is one basing private freq and only enough players to support one pub frequency. But tough shit, you any not allowed to join the basing fun. Pretty much has removed any motivation to play Pub.
    Eph

Originally posted by Ephemeral View Post
    Qan,
    So for the last few months I have logged on and tried to support Pub. But I end up leaving in frustration due to the code that is forcing 'balanced' frequencies. If I want to base, why am I being forced onto a freq which not is basing? Over and over I enter Pub, there is one basing private freq and only enough players to support one pub frequency. But tough shit, you any not allowed to join the basing fun. Pretty much has removed any motivation to play Pub.
    Eph
    Lol (post deleted) no idea why I posted last night... God damn alcohol.
    Last edited by Fork; 08-10-2017, 04:16 AM.
    1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

The code was put in before Pubbrawler became more active, and a 3rd private basing freq was rare. It's becoming more common now, though. I could look at changing it up a bit so that players can make freqs 0 & 1 uneven vs one another if the size of the freq you're switching to would still be roughly equal in size to the large private freq. Or to say it more simply, allow it to balance either freqs 0 and 1, or one of those two balanced against a large private freq.

Example: freq 0 has 3 players, freq 1 has 5, and a private freq has 5. Freq 0 isn't basing, but freq 1 and the private freq are. You're on freq 0 and want to switch to freq 1 to base vs the private freq. Bot allows it because it doesn't significantly unbalance the teams when you take the private freq into consideration.

Would that solve the issue?
      "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
      -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Originally posted by qan View Post
        The code was put in before Pubbrawler became more active, and a 3rd private basing freq was rare. It's becoming more common now, though. I could look at changing it up a bit so that players can make freqs 0 & 1 uneven vs one another if the size of the freq you're switching to would still be roughly equal in size to the large private freq. Or to say it more simply, allow it to balance either freqs 0 and 1, or one of those two balanced against a large private freq.

Example: freq 0 has 3 players, freq 1 has 5, and a private freq has 5. Freq 0 isn't basing, but freq 1 and the private freq are. You're on freq 0 and want to switch to freq 1 to base vs the private freq. Bot allows it because it doesn't significantly unbalance the teams when you take the private freq into consideration.

Would that solve the issue?
        Hey Qan, since your already contemplating changing code for TW Pub, thought I may as well chime in here.

First, can you also remove warping into base? (outside of flagroom) It is nothing but a spawnfest that is in my opinion, not fun and rather chaotic. To add to this, the code for warping players into base is flawed. We die in flagroom/base and get warped into bottom of arena, then warped again from there after a second or more passes into base! (Double warping) This does NOT happen when pub map size is increased or goes back to original warps! It only double warps when it begins warping us into base/flagroom. I think it would benefit everyone is you could remove that all together and just let people spawn where they always have and work their way to base like they always did. Even if there is 2 people playing TW Pub, it's more fun to die and work your way back up to base/flagroom than to be immediately thrown into it. There is no sense of accomplishment or adventure, or even urgency to stay alive because you knew how long it took to get back to flag with the perils faced along the way.

Secondly, there also seems to be an error in code for private frequencies that do NOT wish to be warped into flagroom when a round starts using the !warp command. You still are warped to a safe (right or left) then nothing happens. You have to fly back out to where the action is. It's second on my list because while it is really annoying, it's nothing compared to the concerns I presented prior to this.

Lastly, this is more of a complaint rather than a request, but.. I really hate the dueling arena for WB's. Jav's make sense, its square with areas to launch bombs and such. WB's have a damn circle? Why? Nowhere else in TW do WB's fight in a circle, it should be a square arena (surrounded by rocks is OK).

Thank you for your time and consideration Qan. I wish you and yours a happy rest of your week and look forward to hearing from you sometime soon! Farewell.

-Ixador

Comment

isnt there !basewarp already
          The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
          SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

i keep warping to midbase
            Leland

Comment

I always liked 3 minute flag time to win and regular out of base spawns. If private freqs are in equation set equations up to counter them. If there is a huge private freq in play perhaps eliminate say freq 0 completely and throw enough to counter on freq 1. Also a big fan of shuffle at every rounds end here to keep up with the ever changing numbers in pub each round.
              TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
              TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
              TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
              TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
              TSLD CHAMPION 2018
              TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Went ahead and made the change so that if there's a large private freq you can unbalance 0/1. Hopefully that fixes the problem.

Originally posted by Ixador View Post
                First, can you also remove warping into base? (outside of flagroom) It is nothing but a spawnfest that is in my opinion, not fun and rather chaotic.
                It's not the best solution, but unfortunately pub at low populations quickly dies without warping into base. This was a change made a few years back, when I was trying to keep the pub population alive during the lowest times and was pubbing several hours every night. It's been one of the most successful measures at keeping the game going, despite its drawbacks. So while it might be more fun to try to get back into base, in most cases what happens is games just fizzle out. We've had to make sacrifices in how the game plays in order to be able to have a game at all anymore.

To add to this, the code for warping players into base is flawed. We die in flagroom/base and get warped into bottom of arena, then warped again from there after a second or more passes into base! (Double warping) This does NOT happen when pub map size is increased or goes back to original warps! It only double warps when it begins warping us into base/flagroom.
                This is due to the connection issues experienced by some players, and the bots as well. The first warp isn't a warp but rather a normal respawn, and the second one is the bot warping you into base. This issue's been going on for about 2 months and affects many parts of the zone, unfortunately. It also means some players are unable to play at all. Really sucks. There's a periodic zoner going with the number of our hosting company, plus the support ticket: 703-564-9887, ticket #553598. Server IP is 66.36.247.83, if they ask for it. Can ask them about the progress. The more calls they get, the more pressure they have from an unresolved ticket, and the more attention will be paid to getting it resolved.

Secondly, there also seems to be an error in code for private frequencies that do NOT wish to be warped into flagroom when a round starts using the !warp command. You still are warped to a safe (right or left) then nothing happens.
                Yeah, it's annoying. Another quality of life issue. With warping enabled by default, many players were using it as an opportunity to get cheap kills at round start. It's possible that this isn't necessary anymore, as the round start warps are spread out enough that it would make it difficult. Could look at trying without it and seeing if it makes a big difference or not. But at the moment, basically, if you're in mid or FR, regardless of warp status, you will be warped to clear away your weapons. I can't remember if it's only bombers.

Lastly, this is more of a complaint rather than a request, but.. I really hate the dueling arena for WB's. Jav's make sense, its square with areas to launch bombs and such. WB's have a damn circle? Why? Nowhere else in TW do WB's fight in a circle, it should be a square arena (surrounded by rocks is OK).
                Good point! Never thought of it. I think that whoever made the arenas was thinking more of the aesthetic of it. But, there's no reason it couldn't still be a circle, but with a square inside. If that would be enough space to duel. I'm not certain. If anyone wants to map this out we can give it a shot.

Originally posted by Jessup
                If there is a huge private freq in play perhaps eliminate say freq 0 completely and throw enough to counter on freq 1. Also a big fan of shuffle at every rounds end here to keep up with the ever changing numbers in pub each round.
                Hopefully players will be able to make their own countering freq with the change to how they're balanced, so essentially they can all join up on one freq to counter the private. I don't think forcing them onto a freq would work very well, though -- people tend to get pissed off by that stuff. I've thought shuffles might work well, too, but they're a real population-killer. Every time a shuffle happens, usually at least 20% of the players spec. I think it's the lack of continuity. For example, they may have been enjoying a rivalry with someone on the other freq, but now that person's on their freq, so their motivation to play has been killed. Surprisingly complicated.
                "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."

Comment

I'm getting really annoyed with pub too.

1. I respawn
                  2. I attach to terr in FR
                  3. Bot warps me out of FR

EVERY FUCKING TIME I DIE

beyond frustrating

Comment

You have to be pretty special to still enjoy pub. It offers very little (incentive wise anyway), population is extremely low, Not much competition, it's just a waiting area until twd starts. Is there a way to enable people to speak out loud in pub... Would b funny.
                    1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
                      I'm getting really annoyed with pub too.

1. I respawn
                      2. I attach to terr in FR
                      3. Bot warps me out of FR

EVERY FUCKING TIME I DIE

beyond frustrating
                      +1

Is it possible to make that warp optional (like !warp)? If we could toggle the warp into midbase when pop is low, that might solve the issue... Or make it so that it doesn't happen when you attach. That's so frustrating...

Comment

The warp after attach due to the server lag is really frustrating, it's true.

(NOTE: Call Superb at 703-564-9887 and ask about the status of ticket #553598. Server IP is 66.36.247.83. The more who call, the better chance we have of getting it fixed.)

I've made !warp also toggle mid-base warp from now on, so you can avoid this issue if you like. Please spread the word.

Comment

Thanks qan. I'll test that out later.

Comment

Originally posted by Fork View Post
                            Is there a way to enable people to speak out loud in pub... Would b funny.
                            this is actually not a bad idea lol. this game is mainly a chat client now anyways.
                            1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Discord..

Comment

Working...
                              X