Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: TSL Season 2 Improvements Currently In The Works

That

Quote Originally Posted by Major Crisis View Post
    I am not saying that at all. But I could have if I have played 80 games like Ogron... Wouldnt make sense if 1 out of 4 games or something is great.
    I honestly think you're delusional. Tons of players played 40-50-60 games and failed to qualify.

You don't seem to understand diminishing returns at all.

I had over $500+ value over my last 40 games in jav if you count the best 20 games. I had like 14 of the top 100 scores in TSLJ, including a bunch of games like 21-6, 18-7, 16-5, 16-9, 18-8, etc.

I would have qualified in 42-43 games in jav (I'm counting my last 40 instead of first 40 in jav because I improved dramatically practicing a ship I ordinarily don't play. I averaged like 11.5 KPG over that span.)

I had over $540+ value over my first 40 games in WB, and would have qualified in 30. Ditto base.

Maybe you should focus less on complaining about me and more on actually being good at this game. Plenty of veterans qualified in under 30 games in all three leagues.
    2:RaCka> I wonder what turban's real name is
    2gron> turb's name IRL is tellixador icantshow
    2:RaCka> LOL
    2:Heaven> LOl

Ogron> what's your showrate, i got the next FA pick
    24> i can only show Week 2

Quote Originally Posted by Claushouse View Post
    (I'm counting my last 40 instead of first 40 in jav because I improved dramatically practicing a ship I ordinarily don't play.)
    Isn't it the whole point that not everyone was able to do this?

lol ya Rab, everyone can go from averaging 9.2-9.1 KPG over 30 games to 11.5-8.8 KPG over their final 40 -- keep telling yourself that.

The truth is, the majority of the players who whine on these forums simply aren't talented enough to qualify, regardless of the amount of games they play, and they try to use that as an excuse for their failures.

Claiming anyone can make it with 50-60-70 GP is patently false and there are dozens of players across all three leagues who are proof of that.

I created an entire fucking category out of thin air JUST FOR YOU TWO, in your main league, and you both still failed to qualify. Maybe the problem isn't the league, it's that you're not as good at this game as you think you are.

The entire point of TSL is to get people active and playing. I could make the TSL All-Stars slightly more accurate by including KPG-DPG as bonus money, capping the amount of games you can play, all sorts of things...

All which would hurt activity and be counter-intuitive to people playing. There's a reason you never get negative value and you're overall KDA averages don't count towards your scores -- it doesn't promote playing the game. It works against it.

Also, if you start including stuff like that, you're making players even more toxic than they already are. You ruin someones game, it's not big deal, it's just not part of their Top 20 games. If you start capping games or including overall stats, you've hurt their chances in a much more significant way, making people way angrier and intolerable. You're also incentivizing players to sit or fake afk or not play and camp on their stats.

The goal of TSL is to get people playing. It mostly captures the best players in the All-Stars, but that's not the primary goal. The goal is to get people playing. If it was only about pure talent, Dreamwin would have been in the TSLB and TSLJ Finals.

We know you're amazing and everyone else is trash, ur like a broken record bro.

Just schedule it like vys said, so it's about getting everyone playing and not just Americans/you.

I agree its tough to show for euros with mainstream work schedules. If starting at 2 everyday is not an option, consider running tsl also on fri and sat. Ogron is right though that this season showed that talent > brute force activity, in general.

Top 5 most active players:

Ogron - 3 allstars
    Zidane - 3 allstars
    Skyforger - 1 allstars
    Jessup - 0 allstars (would be 3rd if matchmaking wouldn't spec her in tslb)
    Henry Saari - 1 allstars

Save for zidane squeezing WB and Jessup getting none at all, these results I think are pretty predictable.
    Last edited by skyforger; 08-13-2017 at 11:13 AM.

come on claus...you're better than this, stop turning this into some weird ego trip.
    TWL-J Season 11 Champion
    TWL-J Season 21 Champion
    TWL-B Season 21 Champion
    TWDT-D 2017 Champion
    TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Claushouse;907003[B
    3. New and Improved TSLB Matchmaking[/B]

The automated MMR won't be making its way to TSLB sadly, as it is too complex and interdependent, but we will be designing a completely new and much better TSLB Matchmaking system. I already have it done in my head, and will write it down soon and send it over to Qan for codification sometime soon.[B]

This is completely vague to me ... please elaborate on how it will be better and what "I already have it done in my head." means.

I'd really like a response from you or qan about if TSLB will nullify prefered adding in base and eliminate the 100% chance for certain players while giving close to 0% add rates to others. Is this going to be imposed on us this season??? .. or will it be changed to equal chances for all??

The best of the best
    If the last surviving league (TSL) is going to only benefit Americans, Canadians and South Americans and then there's no use for the euro community. We need to cater for all and have the leagues running so that every person can have a fair shot at qualifying.

it was virtually impossible to reach last TSL qualifying expectations, as I work shit work, on somedays I was working during the 'Euro day'. And when I wasn't working, euros would have their time slots, but then TSL was continuously ran for the Americans, doing constant bonus rounds. So, not only was you guys having your days and time slots but you was taking over the euro day. Originally it was supposed to be 3 games per day mid week and Sunday 6 games, but then the bonus rounds went in favour for Americans, as we was not able to stay until daft o clock to get the extra games in.

TSL was created for activity and also for players who could not commit to just Sunday's. it was a flexible league. So improve on this and make the time slots longer, so that it's more flexiable for Euros too.
    Last edited by Vys; 08-14-2017 at 08:27 AM. Reason: added more detail
    Best warbird to ever enter trenchwars

Agreed with Rab, Major, Vys etc., the games should start earlier to accommodate people outside of NA timezones - not that I personally have had much of a problem with that...

Jessup is also right. Everyone should have an equal chance to play base. If the same people keep getting benched over and over again, that undermines what this league should be, and only serves to drive potential "new" players away. Some elitists would surely prefer to only play with the same old basers and not have to tolerate anyone who has a slightly higher propensity for making mistakes, of course. It's a shame most of the time there aren't enough people for 2 base games, resulting in a bunch of frustrated benchers.

I think the system of determining your value based on your best 20 games is fine, as long as the games start earlier. The whole point of it is to increase activity, something that this game desperately needs to maintain the illusion of still being alive.
    Violence> lag cheating niggir
    JAMAL> laggy no skill nebwie
    JuanJuan> you a fucking lagass cheater
    mAZe Of tOrM> try more faggot
    mAZe Of tOrM> u suck dick
    Shadowmere> Nice lag you fagf

It's not an ego trip, don't use me as an example, then. Saying I only qualified because I played 70 games is patently false and stupid. You're calling me out and using me specifically to try to prove your point.

I would have qualified in 30, 30 and 40 games in all three leagues, so following up Major's point by also citing myself makes perfect sense in terms of formulating a response. I'm not a great jav, I never have been, and I never will be. But I balled the fuck out the second half of the season and put up serious numbers, so telling me I didn't earn my spot and didn't put work in to dramatically improve in my weakest ship is pretty shitty.

I am working on expanding Euro time slots and helping you guys. Attacking me and players who are active is not the solution.

I've already said I want to expand starting games at Euro hours on Weekdays to either two or all three days, and starting Sundays 2 hour earlier during TWDT to get some extra games in for Euros. I think we can sandwich TWDT, which runs 3:00pm-5:00pm EST, between TSL games on Sundays, with TSL running 12-3pm EST, then 6-8pm EST afterwards.

It's also worth noting these things don't happen in a complete vacuum. I can't just snap my fingers and make more timeslots appear, I have to consult with Qan and Beasty and it requires hosts to show up. We're trying to automate everything and get to a point where these things aren't an issue.

One of my goals is definitely to improve Euros ability to qualify and play going forward. What I would ideally like to see:

Sundays:

TSLD -- 3:00pm EST
    TSLD -- 3:30pm EST
    TSLJ -- 4:00pm EST
    TSLJ -- 4:30pm EST
    TSLB -- 5:00pm EST
    TSLB -- 5:30pm EST

TWDT Sundays:

TSLD -- 12:00pm EST
    TSLD -- 12:30pm EST
    TSLJ -- 1:00pm EST
    TSLJ -- 1:30pm EST
    TSLB -- 2:00pm EST
    TSLB -- 2:30pm EST

TSLD -- 6:00pm EST
    TSLJ -- 6:30pm EST
    TSLB -- 7:00pm EST

Tuesdays:

TSLJ -- 3:30pm EST
    TSLB -- 4:00pm EST

Wednesdays:

Thursdays:

With bonus games running after each session.

Hell yeah man you made all-star on a game with 30 players!!

? I'm guessing most of the first part of your last post was aimed at Major? Because all I said was that you're better than that for turning it into a slanging match with Major, not anything about you making the all star games.

I always appreciate the effort you put in - if we can manage to get more Euro friendly time slots in then that would be a great help.
    Last edited by Ricko; 08-14-2017 at 11:22 AM.
    TWL-J Season 11 Champion
    TWL-J Season 21 Champion
    TWL-B Season 21 Champion
    TWDT-D 2017 Champion
    TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Settle down, Dicko.
    Violence> lag cheating niggir
    JAMAL> laggy no skill nebwie
    JuanJuan> you a fucking lagass cheater
    mAZe Of tOrM> try more faggot
    mAZe Of tOrM> u suck dick
    Shadowmere> Nice lag you fagf

Quote Originally Posted by Claushouse View Post
    It's not an ego trip, don't use me as an example, then. Saying I only qualified because I played 70 games is patently false and stupid. You're calling me out and using me specifically to try to prove your point.

I would have qualified in 30, 30 and 40 games in all three leagues, so following up Major's point by also citing myself makes perfect sense in terms of formulating a response. I'm not a great jav, I never have been, and I never will be. But I balled the fuck out the second half of the season and put up serious numbers, so telling me I didn't earn my spot and didn't put work in to dramatically improve in my weakest ship is pretty shitty.

I am working on expanding Euro time slots and helping you guys. Attacking me and players who are active is not the solution.

I've already said I want to expand starting games at Euro hours on Weekdays to either two or all three days, and starting Sundays 2 hour earlier during TWDT to get some extra games in for Euros. I think we can sandwich TWDT, which runs 3:00pm-5:00pm EST, between TSL games on Sundays, with TSL running 12-3pm EST, then 6-8pm EST afterwards.

It's also worth noting these things don't happen in a complete vacuum. I can't just snap my fingers and make more timeslots appear, I have to consult with Qan and Beasty and it requires hosts to show up. We're trying to automate everything and get to a point where these things aren't an issue.

One of my goals is definitely to improve Euros ability to qualify and play going forward. What I would ideally like to see:

Sundays:

TWDT Sundays:

TSLD -- 12:00pm EST
    TSLD -- 12:30pm EST
    TSLJ -- 1:00pm EST
    TSLJ -- 1:30pm EST
    TSLB -- 2:00pm EST
    TSLB -- 2:30pm EST

TSLD -- 6:00pm EST
    TSLJ -- 6:30pm EST
    TSLB -- 7:00pm EST

Tuesdays:

Wednesdays:

Thursdays:

With bonus games running after each session.
    These time slots are still awful for West Coast American players. The only feasible time slot for us is on Sunday at 7 which is basing, being that is 4-5pm our time. For those of who work, these times are way too early. I barely got 19 games over a season because of this on top of the fact that during those times, I play like garbage (glares/hangovers/distractions). If these stay as they are, I won't be participating. I'd rather see TWD come back so we all can game when we all want to. I was very disappointed in this last TSL and from what it looks like, I will be with the upcoming. Top it off, on days I could show, I rode bench 9/10 times after waiting upwards of an hour. It was frustrating. Anyways, that's my two cents. See you.

-Ixador

Quote Originally Posted by Ricko View Post
    ? I'm guessing most of the first part of your last post was aimed at Major? Because all I said was that you're better than that for turning it into a slanging match with Major, not anything about you making the all star games.

I always appreciate the effort you put in - if we can manage to get more Euro friendly time slots in then that would be a great help.
    Yes, I was responding to Major.

The best of the best
    Saturdays:

TWDT Sundays:

TWDTD -- 3:00pm EST
    TWDTD -- 3:30pm EST
    TWDTJ -- 4:00pm EST
    TWDTJ -- 4:30pm EST
    TWDTB -- 5:00pm EST
    TWDTB -- 5:30pm EST

Mondays:

Bonus rounds (1 of each league played, no more)

TSLD -- 8:00pm EST
    TSLJ -- 8:30pm EST
    TSLB -- 9:00pm EST

Tuesdays:

Wednesdays:

Thursdays:

Fridays:

I propose using these days and times, this way euros have a chance of making qualifying, promoting monday - saturday gaming TSL and having Sunday just for TWDTD. Do no more than the bonus rounds has suggested. If people want to play and then <ER>'s need to step up and use this time to host something, or get squads to be playing TWD.
    Best warbird to ever enter trenchwars

Quote Originally Posted by Vys View Post

Love these times Vys. It would be ideal for both Euros and even for yanks like myself who can't get playtime until after 5-6pm US Pacific Time. Honestly, 10PM or later would work great too but regardless I love the 8-9pm times. Nice work.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixador View Post
    Love these times Vys. It would be ideal for both Euros and even for yanks like myself who can't get playtime until after 5-6pm US Pacific Time. Honestly, 10PM or later would work great too but regardless I love the 8-9pm times. Nice work.
    Yeah, these hours are great for euros. Who doesnt love some great TSL gaming at 1/2 am during the week? Hell, make it later =D

Quote Originally Posted by kess View Post
    Yeah, these hours are great for euros. Who doesnt love some great TSL gaming at 1/2 am during the week? Hell, make it later =D
    that's why you play the 3-4pm games you silly billy
    TWL-J Season 11 Champion
    TWL-J Season 21 Champion
    TWL-B Season 21 Champion
    TWDT-D 2017 Champion
    TWDT-J 2017 Champion