Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TSL Season 2 Improvements Currently In The Works

1. Automating everything to a website

This is the big one, and will make TSL sustainable and no longer require a Ph. D in Excel to run. I sent Qan my files, and he is doing all the work. Pray for him!

2. Automating MMR for TSLD and TSLD

I've come up with a way to automate your matchmaking rating in the bot for those two leagues as it is relatively straightforward. It scores a 0.86 Pearson Correlation Coefficient in relation to the current subjective MMR ratings, which is fantastic. After 15-20 games in WB or Jav it will switch from your old MMR to your new MMR based entirely on your statistical performance.

3. New and Improved TSLB Matchmaking

The automated MMR won't be making its way to TSLB sadly, as it is too complex and interdependent, but we will be designing a completely new and much better TSLB Matchmaking system. I already have it done in my head, and will write it down soon and send it over to Qan for codification sometime soon.

4. Allowing basers to retire from 1 Ship and lowering their MMR accordingly with a !retire 3/5/8 feature to TSLBot

I'm strongly considering this feature. Porkjet didn't want to shark last season, and I've been wanting to switch back to Spidering for awhile, and others may want to play other ships and give newer players a chance in those spots. You would basically type !retire 8 to retire from Shark, and it would put your MMR to your 2nd best ship, likely lowering your MMR and not hurting your team by not playing your main ship. This would make you ineligible to be changed or switched into shark until you !unretire. Either Qan makes it so that the bot doesn't let you play that ship, or more likely if someone switches you, just sit in spawn and calmly explain you're not eligible to play that ship and you were selected with lower MMR due to it.

I'm not 100% on this, but it's definitely worth consideration. It's also worth consideration for TWDT, enabling you to get picked lower to play a different ship.

5. If you have any feedback or suggestions, please post them here

TSL Season 2 is coming up fast, as is TWDT, so if you have any ideas or suggestions, let us know!
    Cape> draft easier to win when you cap

*6 months later*

Cape triple frowns and misses playoffs in every league

The Retire function seems like a good idea, with a couple of concerns. :

Lower quality in overall base experience since people will most likely be learning or adapting to new ships (probably temporary)

More mad terriers/spiders due to shitty sharks

I like the idea though

Comment

Please share with us the tslb matchmaking when you've written down. I wonder how it differs from what I wrote.

Comment

It would be nice if the value stuff would be a little more fair.
        With 80 games played you have much bigger chance of having 20 good games, than when you played 25 games.
        With all due respect Ogron, but you were only this high in the jav rating because you played a lot. Half your games are for example $15 or lower. (36 out of 73)
        Skyforger was rated 15th, he has an overall rec which is -68. He even had 48 out 65 which were $15 or lower..

Play time seems to put you high in the list. I am not saying we shouldnt reward play time, I think we should. But it should be done in a more fair way.
        If I played all games avaible on my time slots (I dont count my injury and server down, neither the bonus rounds which mostly were too late too).
        It would be 7 weeks, 4 games each league.
        This means 28 games in a league, I hope you see the advantage you have if you can show any or most time slots.
        Major Crisis

Comment

/agree with MC

Comment

What if the 20 first games played get some sort of bonus? First 20 games get +5$ for example, after that no bonus. That way the disparity between players with thousands of games and players with barely 20 gets diminished a bit.
            The 5$ was just an example, would be worked on a bit better.

Could also make the scheduled games worth more than bonus games. Alot of ppl work/have families and cant stay online for more than 1/2 hours for the bonus games.

Just a couple of ideas

Edit:

Regarding OP, automation will make the whole experience way more fluid.Hopefully starting and setting up the games will be faster too.
            I like the retire idea, i would have liked to terr some games.
            And dynamic MMR that adapts to your performances should in theory make the teams more even. There were alot of under/over performers during tsl.
            Author of the clutchest and most tilting TEK of the century.

1:cripple> i luv lbj cock
            1:cripple> if he paid me 50k for every time i gave him a bj i'd do it

Comment

Lol major you're right man you should have been an allstar in all leagues /s

Comment

I don't really have a problem with Ogron having 70 games, but it's definitely an advantage that puts most EU players out of contention. I think the solution is more EU games. Ideally with it all automated I'd like it totally unrestricted so we can play whenever.

Comment

im gonna show up the first 20 games and avg 3-10 to get a low MMR then proceed to try hard the next 20
                  1:Foreign> i screenshot every time i get mvp in javs
                  1:pascone> folder is empty :/
                  1:Tiny> LOL
                  1:Mega Newbie> uhauhauhauhauhauha

1:Ricko> i havent played so well and gone 4-7 before

Comment

Originally posted by kentaro View Post
                    im gonna show up the first 20 games and avg 3-10 to get a low MMR then proceed to try hard the next 20
                    and still have a low MMR $$

Comment

You ever watch Spongebob growing up? Remember that episode Spongebob takes a wrong bus, and accidentally ends up in an area known as "Rock Bottom", where the citizens have unusual accents and mannerisms. That is exactly where you are my amigo!

*PS. try not to emo and take this too seriously pls

Originally posted by Rab View Post
                      and still have a low MMR $$
                      1:Foreign> i screenshot every time i get mvp in javs
                      1:pascone> folder is empty :/
                      1:Tiny> LOL
                      1:Mega Newbie> uhauhauhauhauhauha

1:Ricko> i havent played so well and gone 4-7 before

Comment

never watched spongebob

Comment

Originally posted by zidane View Post
                          Lol major you're right man you should have been an allstar in all leagues /s

I am not saying that at all. But I could have if I have played 80 games like Ogron... Wouldnt make sense if 1 out of 4 games or something is great.
                          Major Crisis

Comment

It's tough for euros to get the games in. In my opinion, once the season is over. The players who qualify it should be based off their best 20 games. People who play more have more games to get good scores. It would be interesting to actually see what euros made the playoffs.
                            Best warbird to ever enter trenchwars

Comment

If you want to make matchmaking ratings for players so games can be evenly fielded for each team I can support that.. but I see zero reason to make matchmaking ratings secret. Post them in TSL forums so everything can be transparent. This way also adjustments can be made through the season if higher rated players suck and lower rated do good if need be. One thing I will NOT support is premade and prefered ratings that give TSL participants higher percentages for chances to be added in any division. THAT MEANS BASE TOO!! Base was really dumb because of this feature last season. Everyone in TSL is capable of basing in 2017 and TSL should be FULLY inclusive. People who show up to play should ALL get an equal chance to play. This MUST be fixed and is the number 1 issue in changes that need to be addressed.
                              TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                              TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                              TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                              TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                              TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                              TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Working...
                              X