No announcement yet.

TSL Season 2 Improvements Currently In The Works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not an ego trip, don't use me as an example, then. Saying I only qualified because I played 70 games is patently false and stupid. You're calling me out and using me specifically to try to prove your point.

I would have qualified in 30, 30 and 40 games in all three leagues, so following up Major's point by also citing myself makes perfect sense in terms of formulating a response. I'm not a great jav, I never have been, and I never will be. But I balled the fuck out the second half of the season and put up serious numbers, so telling me I didn't earn my spot and didn't put work in to dramatically improve in my weakest ship is pretty shitty.

I am working on expanding Euro time slots and helping you guys. Attacking me and players who are active is not the solution.

I've already said I want to expand starting games at Euro hours on Weekdays to either two or all three days, and starting Sundays 2 hour earlier during TWDT to get some extra games in for Euros. I think we can sandwich TWDT, which runs 3:00pm-5:00pm EST, between TSL games on Sundays, with TSL running 12-3pm EST, then 6-8pm EST afterwards.

It's also worth noting these things don't happen in a complete vacuum. I can't just snap my fingers and make more timeslots appear, I have to consult with Qan and Beasty and it requires hosts to show up. We're trying to automate everything and get to a point where these things aren't an issue.

One of my goals is definitely to improve Euros ability to qualify and play going forward. What I would ideally like to see:

Sundays:

TSLD -- 3:00pm EST
    TSLD -- 3:30pm EST
    TSLJ -- 4:00pm EST
    TSLJ -- 4:30pm EST
    TSLB -- 5:00pm EST
    TSLB -- 5:30pm EST

TWDT Sundays:

TSLD -- 12:00pm EST
    TSLD -- 12:30pm EST
    TSLJ -- 1:00pm EST
    TSLJ -- 1:30pm EST
    TSLB -- 2:00pm EST
    TSLB -- 2:30pm EST

TSLD -- 6:00pm EST
    TSLJ -- 6:30pm EST
    TSLB -- 7:00pm EST

Tuesdays:

TSLJ -- 3:30pm EST
    TSLB -- 4:00pm EST

Wednesdays:

Thursdays:

With bonus games running after each session.
    top 100 basers list

Comment

Hell yeah man you made all-star on a game with 30 players!!

Comment

? I'm guessing most of the first part of your last post was aimed at Major? Because all I said was that you're better than that for turning it into a slanging match with Major, not anything about you making the all star games.

I always appreciate the effort you put in - if we can manage to get more Euro friendly time slots in then that would be a great help.
        Last edited by Ricko; 08-14-2017, 12:22 PM.
        TWL-J Season 11 Champion
        TWL-J Season 21 Champion
        TWL-B Season 21 Champion
        TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
        TWDT-D 2017 Champion
        TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Settle down, Dicko.
          JAMAL> laggy no skill nebwie
          JuanJuan> you a fucking lagass cheater
          mAZe Of tOrM> try more faggot
          mAZe Of tOrM> u suck dick

Shadowmere> Nice lag you fagf

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
            It's not an ego trip, don't use me as an example, then. Saying I only qualified because I played 70 games is patently false and stupid. You're calling me out and using me specifically to try to prove your point.

I would have qualified in 30, 30 and 40 games in all three leagues, so following up Major's point by also citing myself makes perfect sense in terms of formulating a response. I'm not a great jav, I never have been, and I never will be. But I balled the fuck out the second half of the season and put up serious numbers, so telling me I didn't earn my spot and didn't put work in to dramatically improve in my weakest ship is pretty shitty.

I am working on expanding Euro time slots and helping you guys. Attacking me and players who are active is not the solution.

I've already said I want to expand starting games at Euro hours on Weekdays to either two or all three days, and starting Sundays 2 hour earlier during TWDT to get some extra games in for Euros. I think we can sandwich TWDT, which runs 3:00pm-5:00pm EST, between TSL games on Sundays, with TSL running 12-3pm EST, then 6-8pm EST afterwards.

It's also worth noting these things don't happen in a complete vacuum. I can't just snap my fingers and make more timeslots appear, I have to consult with Qan and Beasty and it requires hosts to show up. We're trying to automate everything and get to a point where these things aren't an issue.

One of my goals is definitely to improve Euros ability to qualify and play going forward. What I would ideally like to see:

Sundays:

TWDT Sundays:

TSLD -- 12:00pm EST
            TSLD -- 12:30pm EST
            TSLJ -- 1:00pm EST
            TSLJ -- 1:30pm EST
            TSLB -- 2:00pm EST
            TSLB -- 2:30pm EST

TSLD -- 6:00pm EST
            TSLJ -- 6:30pm EST
            TSLB -- 7:00pm EST

Tuesdays:

Wednesdays:

Thursdays:

With bonus games running after each session.
            These time slots are still awful for West Coast American players. The only feasible time slot for us is on Sunday at 7 which is basing, being that is 4-5pm our time. For those of who work, these times are way too early. I barely got 19 games over a season because of this on top of the fact that during those times, I play like garbage (glares/hangovers/distractions). If these stay as they are, I won't be participating. I'd rather see TWD come back so we all can game when we all want to. I was very disappointed in this last TSL and from what it looks like, I will be with the upcoming. Top it off, on days I could show, I rode bench 9/10 times after waiting upwards of an hour. It was frustrating. Anyways, that's my two cents. See you.

-Ixador

Comment

Originally posted by Ricko View Post
              ? I'm guessing most of the first part of your last post was aimed at Major? Because all I said was that you're better than that for turning it into a slanging match with Major, not anything about you making the all star games.

I always appreciate the effort you put in - if we can manage to get more Euro friendly time slots in then that would be a great help.
              Yes, I was responding to Major.
              top 100 basers list

Comment

Saturdays:

TWDT Sundays:

TWDTD -- 3:00pm EST
                TWDTD -- 3:30pm EST
                TWDTJ -- 4:00pm EST
                TWDTJ -- 4:30pm EST
                TWDTB -- 5:00pm EST
                TWDTB -- 5:30pm EST

Mondays:

Bonus rounds (1 of each league played, no more)

TSLD -- 8:00pm EST
                TSLJ -- 8:30pm EST
                TSLB -- 9:00pm EST

Tuesdays:

Wednesdays:

Thursdays:

Fridays:

I propose using these days and times, this way euros have a chance of making qualifying, promoting monday - saturday gaming TSL and having Sunday just for TWDTD. Do no more than the bonus rounds has suggested. If people want to play and then <ER>'s need to step up and use this time to host something, or get squads to be playing TWD.
                Best warbird to ever enter trenchwars

Comment

Originally posted by Vys View Post

Love these times Vys. It would be ideal for both Euros and even for yanks like myself who can't get playtime until after 5-6pm US Pacific Time. Honestly, 10PM or later would work great too but regardless I love the 8-9pm times. Nice work.

Comment

Originally posted by Ixador View Post
                    Love these times Vys. It would be ideal for both Euros and even for yanks like myself who can't get playtime until after 5-6pm US Pacific Time. Honestly, 10PM or later would work great too but regardless I love the 8-9pm times. Nice work.
                    Yeah, these hours are great for euros. Who doesnt love some great TSL gaming at 1/2 am during the week? Hell, make it later =D
                    Author of the clutchest and most tilting TEK of the century.

1:cripple> i luv lbj cock
                    1:cripple> if he paid me 50k for every time i gave him a bj i'd do it

Comment

Originally posted by kess View Post
                      Yeah, these hours are great for euros. Who doesnt love some great TSL gaming at 1/2 am during the week? Hell, make it later =D
                      that's why you play the 3-4pm games you silly billy
                      TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                      TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                      TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                      TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                      TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                      TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

schedule of vys seems fair for everyone around the world
                        i h
                        ope we can use this schedule in TSL 2
                        americans had a huge advantage in TSL 1
                        if it keeps the same schedule as TSL 1 just call it the Trenchwars America League

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

Comment

Is there a way to change the system so it's not based on your 20 best rounds? Activity based incentives or not, I can't help but feel if someone played 70 rounds and negged badly for 50 of those and mvped the other 20 that they shouldn't be rewarded with an all-star spot. I mean this is an extreme case, but it's still relevant.

If you are a super-active player and know that you're going to easily surpass the 20 games required you can just play with a reckless play-style that's either going to get you MVP or out 3-10 in 3 minutes, but because you're playing 70-80 rounds you know statistically you'll get at least 20 good scores in there but you played crap and cost your team games in the other 50 matches, when really it should be based on being consistently good.
                          TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                          TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                          TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                          TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                          TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                          TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

You should never be worse off by playing more. We want people to be active. The current system isn't perfect, but I can't think of a better one atm.

The idea of a bonus amount in your first 20 games might be onto something. Not sure tho.

Comment

Impose a bonus/penalty for overall K : D on top of the top 20. but then again might incentivize reccing even more than it was before

Originally posted by Ricko View Post
                              Is there a way to change the system so it's not based on your 20 best rounds? Activity based incentives or not, I can't help but feel if someone played 70 rounds and negged badly for 50 of those and mvped the other 20 that they shouldn't be rewarded with an all-star spot. I mean this is an extreme case, but it's still relevant.

If you are a super-active player and know that you're going to easily surpass the 20 games required you can just play with a reckless play-style that's either going to get you MVP or out 3-10 in 3 minutes, but because you're playing 70-80 rounds you know statistically you'll get at least 20 good scores in there but you played crap and cost your team games in the other 50 matches, when really it should be based on being consistently good.
                              1:Foreign> i screenshot every time i get mvp in javs
                              1:pascone> folder is empty :/
                              1:Tiny> LOL
                              1:Mega Newbie> uhauhauhauhauhauha

1:Ricko> i havent played so well and gone 4-7 before

Comment

yeah maybe bonus points for average kills or K ratio might help?
                                TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                                TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                                TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                                TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                                TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                                TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Working...
                                X