Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: TSL Season 2 Improvements Currently In The Works

start date depends on qan.

not sure we'll be ready in time for september 3, which was the target date. i think september 10 would be fine also, though.

we've been in communication through august, and i sent him all the formulas and updated basing matchmaking parameters, among other things. he's in the process of coding and implementing those and putting up a rudimentary website to automatically track $ values in every league.
    2:RaCka> I wonder what turban's real name is
    2:Ogron> turb's name IRL is tellixador icantshow
    2:RaCka> LOL
    2:Heaven> LOl

We need test data, play test games whenever you can plz.

We have some decent jav data. Jav and wb is basically the same thing.
    Really need some base data for testing.

Game data is going into the database automatically now. We're also storing game info using the TWD format, so eventually we might be able to display that sort of info about each game.

As Rab (who has taken on the work of designing the TSL website -- please give your thanks to him when you see him) said, we need more test data before we can go ahead with things. So earliest we can shoot for will be the weekend after next, as there's not much likelihood of running a base game during the week before the season starts ... end of summer and population is at the year's absolute low, as usual. (Once fall starts the usual returnees should start to surface. And if we can fix this damn lag, we're basically set for a Steam visibility round.)

Also need to talk with staff and ensure we are ready to begin hosting again. And we'll need to have everyone sign up for the next season as well (though we can do that pretty much on the fly). Note that you should only sign up with your TWD-enabled name, as you will not be able to play with anything else, and this will be checked with each TSL game played.
    "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
    -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Quote Originally Posted by Claushouse View Post
    start date depends on qan.

not sure we'll be ready in time for september 3, which was the target date. i think september 10 would be fine also, though.

we've been in communication through august, and i sent him all the formulas and updated basing matchmaking parameters, among other things. he's in the process of coding and implementing those and putting up a rudimentary website to automatically track $ values in every league.
    I'll beat your dad up ☝
    3x Claushouse stomper, gun busting tw pub warrior, #doitwidachewin one bad SOB

born in the gutter, and chained to the radiator of a squat basement for 16 years
    We are proud to announce the triumph return. FROM ALL THE WAY IN THE BACK OF THE FOOD STAMP LINE!
    AND STRAIGHT OUTTA MOTHERFUCKING REHAB!
    IT'S THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE MOTHA FKN OLDE

We need to test TSLB.
    Can ppl log in tonight, and a host, say 3pm est?

get the fuck online and to ?go tsl now
    if you don't want to help test it we'll have no choice but to start tsl untested

Cool, we got a couple of test base games done. ty to all who helped.

Starting dates should be set in stone and announced widely. Additionally, regular in-game adverts of the TSL/TWDT starting dates should be running, if not done already.
    PS. I dont know if these are implemented already. I only logged in on sunday evening just to see almost completely dead zone. Sadly, these breaks really do harm for the longetivity but are necessary for many reasons of course. :/

The zone is completely dead unless TSL or TWDT are running, and TWDT only happens on Sundays.

There have to be breaks for TSL, though. People were getting burnt out by Week 7 of TSL and wanting it to come to a resolution.

Moreover, hosts need a break (and league operators ).

If you want to fill those gaps, someone should start something a bit more chill than TSL that runs for 4 weeks, like a small TW Hockey league with 4 teams that runs tuesday/wednesday/thursday/sunday.

Get AFRI to run it, and I'll help him set it up.

July 30 -- TSL Week 7
    August 6 -- TSL Finals
    August 13 --
    August 20 --
    August 27 --
    September 3 --
    September 10 -- TSL Week 1
    September 17 -- TSL Week 2
    September 24 -- TWDT Draft/TSL Week 3
    October 1 -- TWDT Week 1/TSL Week 4
    October 8 -- TWDT Week 2/TSL Week 5
    October 15 -- TWDT Week 3/TSL Week 6
    October 22 -- TWDT Week 4/TSL Week 7
    October 29 -- TSL Finals
    November 5 -- TWDT Week 5
    November 12 -- TWDT Semi-Finals/TW Hockey Week 1
    November 19 -- TWDT Finals/TW Hockey Week 2
    November 26 -- American Thanksgiving
    December 3 -- TW Hockey Week 3
    December 10 -- TW Hockey Week 4
    December 17 -- TW Hockey Finals
    December 24 --
    December 31 --
    January 7-
    TSL Season 3

Major Crisis/Ownix Major Crisis's Avatar
    Last time I wanted to do TWHT (like a year ago) there was still hockey zone who was fighting against it.
    They even wanted to go higher with it to SSCU staff. When we did do it in the pass, Demonic had a good relation with the staff over there.
    I have no idea how the current relation between Hockey Zone and Trenchwars is.. Neither if Hockey Zone is any active..

We could always do something similair like Strikeball or Attack..
    Major Crisis

Major Crisis/Ownix Major Crisis's Avatar
    And maybe its smart to limit the bonus rounds if people really are getting tired of it. (Especially for the hosts)
    Maybe its an option to only do bonus rounds at tuesday/thursday?
    Major Crisis

I don't know anything about hockey zone drama.

Bonus rounds aren't going anywhere.

The only limit I like is shutting things down at around 11:59pm EST. That should probably be enforced this season.

Random though, could already be implemented...Could you lower the amount of terr games required? You have 2 terrs 4 sharks and 10 spids per game. Getting the amount of shark and spid games is exponentially easier. Maybe require only 10 or 15 terr games?
    1:waven> u challenge
    1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Quote Originally Posted by MHz View Post
    Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

I saw people trying to avoid terring and sharking, not competing for the spots. Is there a particular problem you're having?

apart from not getting to terr much of last season, except when trasher caps. Guy is a saint....lets me terr everytime....as he crushes the enemy....it's just mathematically harder to qualify as terr. Last season I played many games, but couldn't get the required amount....what...2 or 3 qualified in terr? just thinking that is should be reduced a tiny but to get more terrs qualified and able to play in finals. Not that I would be in it, but its nice to qualify.
    1:waven> u challenge
    1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Quote Originally Posted by MHz View Post
    Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

want in on this TW Hockey thing. pm in game pls

Got like 30 signups for TWDT atm, if we can't get that league going, I doubt there's much hope for a hockey league.