TSL Season 2 Improvements Currently In The Works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stoo whining Jessup. Good lord, you are fkn trash
    Author of the clutchest and most tilting TEK of the century.

1:cripple> i luv lbj cock
    1:cripple> if he paid me 50k for every time i gave him a bj i'd do it

Comment

I'm making a valid point .. stfu kess
      TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
      TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
      TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
      TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
      TSLD CHAMPION 2018
      TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Moving forward, I think we should start the games each day at 2 EST and have it running until 10 EAT. So that euros can get in on the games too.
        Best warbird to ever enter trenchwars

Comment

Originally posted by Jessup View Post
          I'm making a valid point .. stfu kess
          xD ur awful. no one cares about your opinion. <3
          Author of the clutchest and most tilting TEK of the century.

1:cripple> i luv lbj cock
          1:cripple> if he paid me 50k for every time i gave him a bj i'd do it

Comment

Originally posted by Vys View Post
            Moving forward, I think we should start the games each day at 2 EST and have it running until 10 EAT.
            This.

Comment

That

Comment

Originally posted by Major Crisis View Post
                I am not saying that at all. But I could have if I have played 80 games like Ogron... Wouldnt make sense if 1 out of 4 games or something is great.
                I honestly think you're delusional. Tons of players played 40-50-60 games and failed to qualify.

You don't seem to understand diminishing returns at all.

I had over $500+ value over my last 40 games in jav if you count the best 20 games. I had like 14 of the top 100 scores in TSLJ, including a bunch of games like 21-6, 18-7, 16-5, 16-9, 18-8, etc.

I would have qualified in 42-43 games in jav (I'm counting my last 40 instead of first 40 in jav because I improved dramatically practicing a ship I ordinarily don't play. I averaged like 11.5 KPG over that span.)

I had over $540+ value over my first 40 games in WB, and would have qualified in 30. Ditto base.

Maybe you should focus less on complaining about me and more on actually being good at this game. Plenty of veterans qualified in under 30 games in all three leagues.
                top 100 basers list

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
                  (I'm counting my last 40 instead of first 40 in jav because I improved dramatically practicing a ship I ordinarily don't play.)
                  Isn't it the whole point that not everyone was able to do this?

Comment

lol ya Rab, everyone can go from averaging 9.2-9.1 KPG over 30 games to 11.5-8.8 KPG over their final 40 -- keep telling yourself that.

The truth is, the majority of the players who whine on these forums simply aren't talented enough to qualify, regardless of the amount of games they play, and they try to use that as an excuse for their failures.

Claiming anyone can make it with 50-60-70 GP is patently false and there are dozens of players across all three leagues who are proof of that.

I created an entire fucking category out of thin air JUST FOR YOU TWO, in your main league, and you both still failed to qualify. Maybe the problem isn't the league, it's that you're not as good at this game as you think you are.

The entire point of TSL is to get people active and playing. I could make the TSL All-Stars slightly more accurate by including KPG-DPG as bonus money, capping the amount of games you can play, all sorts of things...

All which would hurt activity and be counter-intuitive to people playing. There's a reason you never get negative value and you're overall KDA averages don't count towards your scores -- it doesn't promote playing the game. It works against it.

Also, if you start including stuff like that, you're making players even more toxic than they already are. You ruin someones game, it's not big deal, it's just not part of their Top 20 games. If you start capping games or including overall stats, you've hurt their chances in a much more significant way, making people way angrier and intolerable. You're also incentivizing players to sit or fake afk or not play and camp on their stats.

The goal of TSL is to get people playing. It mostly captures the best players in the All-Stars, but that's not the primary goal. The goal is to get people playing. If it was only about pure talent, Dreamwin would have been in the TSLB and TSLJ Finals.
                    top 100 basers list

Comment

We know you're amazing and everyone else is trash, ur like a broken record bro.

Just schedule it like vys said, so it's about getting everyone playing and not just Americans/you.

Comment

I agree its tough to show for euros with mainstream work schedules. If starting at 2 everyday is not an option, consider running tsl also on fri and sat. Ogron is right though that this season showed that talent > brute force activity, in general.

Top 5 most active players:

Ogron - 3 allstars
                        Zidane - 3 allstars
                        Skyforger - 1 allstars
                        Jessup - 0 allstars (would be 3rd if matchmaking wouldn't spec her in tslb)
                        Henry Saari - 1 allstars

Save for zidane squeezing WB and Jessup getting none at all, these results I think are pretty predictable.
                        Last edited by skyforger; 08-13-2017, 12:13 PM.

Comment

come on claus...you're better than this, stop turning this into some weird ego trip.
                          TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                          TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                          TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                          TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                          TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                          TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse;907003[B
                            3. New and Improved TSLB Matchmaking[/B]

The automated MMR won't be making its way to TSLB sadly, as it is too complex and interdependent, but we will be designing a completely new and much better TSLB Matchmaking system. I already have it done in my head, and will write it down soon and send it over to Qan for codification sometime soon.[B]

This is completely vague to me ... please elaborate on how it will be better and what "I already have it done in my head." means.

I'd really like a response from you or qan about if TSLB will nullify prefered adding in base and eliminate the 100% chance for certain players while giving close to 0% add rates to others. Is this going to be imposed on us this season??? .. or will it be changed to equal chances for all??
                            TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                            TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                            TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                            TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                            TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                            TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

If the last surviving league (TSL) is going to only benefit Americans, Canadians and South Americans and then there's no use for the euro community. We need to cater for all and have the leagues running so that every person can have a fair shot at qualifying.

it was virtually impossible to reach last TSL qualifying expectations, as I work shit work, on somedays I was working during the 'Euro day'. And when I wasn't working, euros would have their time slots, but then TSL was continuously ran for the Americans, doing constant bonus rounds. So, not only was you guys having your days and time slots but you was taking over the euro day. Originally it was supposed to be 3 games per day mid week and Sunday 6 games, but then the bonus rounds went in favour for Americans, as we was not able to stay until daft o clock to get the extra games in.

TSL was created for activity and also for players who could not commit to just Sunday's. it was a flexible league. So improve on this and make the time slots longer, so that it's more flexiable for Euros too.
                              Last edited by Vys; 08-14-2017, 09:27 AM. Reason: added more detail
                              Best warbird to ever enter trenchwars

Comment

Agreed with Rab, Major, Vys etc., the games should start earlier to accommodate people outside of NA timezones - not that I personally have had much of a problem with that...

Jessup is also right. Everyone should have an equal chance to play base. If the same people keep getting benched over and over again, that undermines what this league should be, and only serves to drive potential "new" players away. Some elitists would surely prefer to only play with the same old basers and not have to tolerate anyone who has a slightly higher propensity for making mistakes, of course. It's a shame most of the time there aren't enough people for 2 base games, resulting in a bunch of frustrated benchers.

I think the system of determining your value based on your best 20 games is fine, as long as the games start earlier. The whole point of it is to increase activity, something that this game desperately needs to maintain the illusion of still being alive.
                                JAMAL> laggy no skill nebwie
                                JuanJuan> you a fucking lagass cheater
                                mAZe Of tOrM> try more faggot
                                mAZe Of tOrM> u suck dick

Shadowmere> Nice lag you fagf

Comment

Working...
                                X