TSL Season 2 Improvements Currently In The Works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GLYDE123 View Post
    Why wouldn't you reward activity? If you dont play actively why do deserve more of a shot at the title then players who play more.
    because ultimately being competitive comes from being the best and most talented, not who puts the most hours in and still can't be a top player, basically. There should be rewards for being more active, just not as heavily weighted as they were this season.
    TWL-J Season 11 Champion
    TWL-J Season 21 Champion
    TWL-B Season 21 Champion
    TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
    TWDT-D 2017 Champion
    TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Ricko View Post
      because ultimately being competitive comes from being the best and most talented, not who puts the most hours in and still can't be a top player, basically. There should be rewards for being more active, just not as heavily weighted as they were this season.
      I would argue that its not just activity thats rewarded but relative underrated/overrated players that tip the scales more than just being active. For example someone thats rated a 7 but probably has the skill of an 8. Their competition is relatively weaker and thus easier for them to get a solid rec/rank. This is how u get these monster games sometimes from these relatively underrated players pushing the scores up.

Whereas someone say someone thats ranked a 9 but should be an 8 will have a much weaker team making it harder to rank leading to more kills potentially but a tough time getting high $ with win bonuses etc.

The way the systems built theres no perfect way to do this as it really is a solo Q league thats slightly based on luck of matchups. I personally dont have a problem with the way its setup. At the end of the day who really cares about a virtual medal. Getting ppl active and rewarding activity is great since the game is so dead anyways
      1:Foreign> i screenshot every time i get mvp in javs
      1:pascone> folder is empty :/
      1:Tiny> LOL
      1:Mega Newbie> uhauhauhauhauhauha

1:Ricko> i havent played so well and gone 4-7 before

Comment

The individual ratings should be visible and updating automatically like elim ratings are. Bot will need to mix and max players so that summary rating freq 1 = rating freq 2.

Comment

lol we should be rewarding activity cause this game is dying without tsl/twdt. but yea obviously if you were super active+somewhat good your chances were pretty high. i agree with kent though it's all about your relative skill for what your rating is. thats how ogron made jav cause his rating was probably like 70-75 and he mvp'd a bunch of rds, he was just much better/more active than the other javs who were rated near him

edit: also meant no disrespect to claus he 100% deserved it. most people who are complaining here barely turned up but i agree should be more euro friendly times
          Last edited by zidane; 08-18-2017, 09:05 PM.

Comment

With more opportunities for people to play the better. Had plenty of activity but limited time slots for euros. Definitely go the route of allowing TSL to be played Monday-Saturday with a start time of 2-4pm est for euros then run it till it dies every night.

Comment

I thought it was just about as balanced as it could get for a new league with a few hiccups here and there. I think it appropriately rewarded players in a activity and skill level. Activity could only take you so far but did give you an advantage. However, someone like ease with superior skill easily made top 10. I also agree that ratings should be released despite the consequence of more bitching.
              In game alias: mvp

twdt-b 2017 finalist
              twlb 2020 and 2023 champ cheerleader
              twdt-b 2020 and 2021 champ

Comment

Just do the time slots I suggested and the problem is then solved. Euros and Americans will have an equal opportunity to qualify.
                Best warbird to ever enter trenchwars

Comment

Originally posted by zidane View Post
                  lol we should be rewarding activity cause this game is dying without tsl/twdt. but yea obviously if you were super active+somewhat good your chances were pretty high. i agree with kent though it's all about your relative skill for what your rating is. thats how ogron made jav cause his rating was probably like 70-75 and he mvp'd a bunch of rds, he was just much better/more active than the other javs who were rated near him

edit: also meant no disrespect to claus he 100% deserved it. most people who are complaining here barely turned up but i agree should be more euro friendly times

I played all games I could have (even played bonus games) and yet I barely made 20 games.. You can't say I barely turned up lol.
                  Even though if I showed 200 games I still would be outside top 10.. But still chances should be more even.
                  Major Crisis

Comment

I think chances were pretty even for everyone in base. The finals had a great mix of top players from twl and twdt and low star players with me and Afghan playing our first finals.

Comment

Originally posted by GLYDE123 View Post
                      I think chances were pretty even for everyone in base. The finals had a great mix of top players from twl and twdt and low star players with me and Afghan playing our first finals.
                      Check how many euros made playoffs throughout all leagues.
                      Best warbird to ever enter trenchwars

Comment

Originally posted by Vys View Post
                        I don't know where you noobs are from but like i said already euros had it tougher with schedule but finals before subs had a great mix of players from established top tiers to mid and then low. Nothing needs to change going into season besides more time slots for euros if they manage to keep it active.

Comment

Originally posted by Vys View Post
                          Not that many good euros left tbh. Most top tier players are american nowadays.
                          Author of the clutchest and most tilting TEK of the century.

1:cripple> i luv lbj cock
                          1:cripple> if he paid me 50k for every time i gave him a bj i'd do it

Comment

Originally posted by kess View Post
                            Not that many good euros left tbh. Most top tier players are american nowadays.
                            timeslots always favors americans
                            so the americans can play in an evironment with competition
                            that's why they can improve playing with more people to compete with
                            most euros don't show up cause of these timelslots and
                            if they somehow manage to show up one day a week theyll have the
                            disadvantage being rusty and playing active americans who can show up more often

tl;dr Need more euro timeslots
                            Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

Comment

Originally posted by Wazzaaa.nl View Post
                              timeslots always favors americans
                              so the americans can play in an evironment with competition
                              that's why they can improve playing with more people to compete with
                              most euros don't show up cause of these timelslots and
                              if they somehow manage to show up one day a week theyll have the
                              disadvantage being rusty and playing active americans who can show up more often

tl;dr Need more euro timeslots
                              Let's make Europe great again
                              1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

Hey guys.. so what about the prefered add system where some people get sat all the time in base while others get a 100% add rate. Imagine being a euro and on top of it being one of the ones benched constantly. Little to no chance of doing much then. That crap needs to be changed but ogron refuses to address this topic purposely so far. I'd like to know what the system will be please. 3rd time asking this question but zero responses from anyone in charge.
                                TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                                TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                                TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                                TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                                TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                                TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Working...
                                X