Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: TSL Season 2 Improvements Currently In The Works

Quote Originally Posted by GLYDE123 View Post
    Why wouldn't you reward activity? If you dont play actively why do deserve more of a shot at the title then players who play more.
    because ultimately being competitive comes from being the best and most talented, not who puts the most hours in and still can't be a top player, basically. There should be rewards for being more active, just not as heavily weighted as they were this season.
    TWL-J Season 11 Champion
    TWL-J Season 21 Champion
    TWL-B Season 21 Champion
    TWDT-D 2017 Champion
    TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Ricko View Post
    because ultimately being competitive comes from being the best and most talented, not who puts the most hours in and still can't be a top player, basically. There should be rewards for being more active, just not as heavily weighted as they were this season.
    I would argue that its not just activity thats rewarded but relative underrated/overrated players that tip the scales more than just being active. For example someone thats rated a 7 but probably has the skill of an 8. Their competition is relatively weaker and thus easier for them to get a solid rec/rank. This is how u get these monster games sometimes from these relatively underrated players pushing the scores up.

Whereas someone say someone thats ranked a 9 but should be an 8 will have a much weaker team making it harder to rank leading to more kills potentially but a tough time getting high $ with win bonuses etc.

The way the systems built theres no perfect way to do this as it really is a solo Q league thats slightly based on luck of matchups. I personally dont have a problem with the way its setup. At the end of the day who really cares about a virtual medal. Getting ppl active and rewarding activity is great since the game is so dead anyways
    1:Foreign> i screenshot every time i get mvp in javs
    1:pascone> folder is empty :/
    1:Tiny> LOL
    1:Mega Newbie> uhauhauhauhauhauha

1:Ricko> i havent played so well and gone 4-7 before

The individual ratings should be visible and updating automatically like elim ratings are. Bot will need to mix and max players so that summary rating freq 1 = rating freq 2.

lol we should be rewarding activity cause this game is dying without tsl/twdt. but yea obviously if you were super active+somewhat good your chances were pretty high. i agree with kent though it's all about your relative skill for what your rating is. thats how ogron made jav cause his rating was probably like 70-75 and he mvp'd a bunch of rds, he was just much better/more active than the other javs who were rated near him

edit: also meant no disrespect to claus he 100% deserved it. most people who are complaining here barely turned up but i agree should be more euro friendly times
    Last edited by zidane; 08-18-2017 at 08:05 PM.
    Captain of the most winningest team in TWDT history - Power

With more opportunities for people to play the better. Had plenty of activity but limited time slots for euros. Definitely go the route of allowing TSL to be played Monday-Saturday with a start time of 2-4pm est for euros then run it till it dies every night.

I thought it was just about as balanced as it could get for a new league with a few hiccups here and there. I think it appropriately rewarded players in a activity and skill level. Activity could only take you so far but did give you an advantage. However, someone like ease with superior skill easily made top 10. I also agree that ratings should be released despite the consequence of more bitching.

The best of the best
    Just do the time slots I suggested and the problem is then solved. Euros and Americans will have an equal opportunity to qualify.
    Best warbird to ever enter trenchwars

Major Crisis/Ownix Major Crisis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zidane View Post
    lol we should be rewarding activity cause this game is dying without tsl/twdt. but yea obviously if you were super active+somewhat good your chances were pretty high. i agree with kent though it's all about your relative skill for what your rating is. thats how ogron made jav cause his rating was probably like 70-75 and he mvp'd a bunch of rds, he was just much better/more active than the other javs who were rated near him

edit: also meant no disrespect to claus he 100% deserved it. most people who are complaining here barely turned up but i agree should be more euro friendly times

I played all games I could have (even played bonus games) and yet I barely made 20 games.. You can't say I barely turned up lol.
    Even though if I showed 200 games I still would be outside top 10.. But still chances should be more even.
    Major Crisis

I think chances were pretty even for everyone in base. The finals had a great mix of top players from twl and twdt and low star players with me and Afghan playing our first finals.

The best of the best
    Quote Originally Posted by GLYDE123 View Post
    I think chances were pretty even for everyone in base. The finals had a great mix of top players from twl and twdt and low star players with me and Afghan playing our first finals.
    Check how many euros made playoffs throughout all leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by Vys View Post
    I don't know where you noobs are from but like i said already euros had it tougher with schedule but finals before subs had a great mix of players from established top tiers to mid and then low. Nothing needs to change going into season besides more time slots for euros if they manage to keep it active.

Not that many good euros left tbh. Most top tier players are american nowadays.
    KESS let me down in mortars... damn puta!!! DOUBLE THE PUTA TIME!! ?go doublejavs -Cig <ER>

SUH SUH G. SPAWNFEST TIME. calling out all muh boys ?go JAVUFC to play -Children <ER>

1:cripple> i luv lbj cock
    1:cripple> if he paid me 50k for every time i gave him a bj i'd do it

Quote Originally Posted by kess View Post
    Not that many good euros left tbh. Most top tier players are american nowadays.
    timeslots always favors americans
    so the americans can play in an evironment with competition
    that's why they can improve playing with more people to compete with
    most euros don't show up cause of these timelslots and
    if they somehow manage to show up one day a week theyll have the
    disadvantage being rusty and playing active americans who can show up more often

tl;dr Need more euro timeslots
    Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

Quote Originally Posted by Wazzaaa.nl View Post
    timeslots always favors americans
    so the americans can play in an evironment with competition
    that's why they can improve playing with more people to compete with
    most euros don't show up cause of these timelslots and
    if they somehow manage to show up one day a week theyll have the
    disadvantage being rusty and playing active americans who can show up more often

tl;dr Need more euro timeslots
    Let's make Europe great again
    1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Hey guys.. so what about the prefered add system where some people get sat all the time in base while others get a 100% add rate. Imagine being a euro and on top of it being one of the ones benched constantly. Little to no chance of doing much then. That crap needs to be changed but ogron refuses to address this topic purposely so far. I'd like to know what the system will be please. 3rd time asking this question but zero responses from anyone in charge.

The best of the best
    Have it so the last people who typed !playing are the ones on the bench.
    Vys for president

It should always bench Jessup.
    Partly for the quality of the games.
    Partly because it's funny.

Have it so the last people who typed !playing are the ones on the bench.
    Vys for president
    Exactly. Vys nails it again! TLS so far means to me "The Shit League" but if things change, it could be "The Superior League"? lol... I don't like that mysterious ratings play role in getting into a match nor do I care for the allotted time slots that seem to piss off both Euro's and Americans alike. I do appreciate the work Claus/Qan has put into this league, I am not putting them down but it still needs lots of work in my opinion to become something that excites me as much as TWD did.

-IxaDor

no one gives a fk if tsl excites some pub noobie
    Captain of the most winningest team in TWDT history - Power

Re: timeslots, a lot of it has to do with staffing. We could try to have more pick-up games where TSL is hosted randomly on off-days. Or alternatively, if there are staff around, run 1 round of games in the euro-friendly slot whenever possible. Also worth noting, there are still basically no timeslots that work for Oceania/Asia. Due to logistics, TSL's just not going to be completely fair no matter what happens. We can try to make it more fair, but that's about it.

As for the matchmaking algorithm, the way it's written is definitely not fair. It could preference those who sign up first, as vys suggested, or maybe take the total number of games played and preference those who have played fewer. Keep in mind that there's also the !backfill command, which will add you last if you'd like to give someone else a chance to play.

Quote Originally Posted by a grown adult, apparently
    no one gives a fk if tsl excites some pub noobie
    sigh

Here's a bit of an update on automation progress. I've finished the ratings calculations. We'll need to test it soon. Right now it doesn't do any website output ... it's going to be absolutely barebones because I really dislike PHP/web work. Expect to see a web table with no interaction of any kind. But, it will display $ value automatically, automating the most time-consuming part of TSL so far. You will also be able to see value after the end of each match.

One small change that will mostly help newer players is that earning a low score in D/J will still give you some $ value. A bit less demoralizing trying to grind up and improve.

Your name will also need to be TWD-enabled to play from now on. Aliasing to try and game matchmaking will continue to be punished severely.

2, 3 and 4 mentioned in the OP are stretch goals, unlikely to make it in before the start of the season. But might emerge mid-season.
    "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
    -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment