Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Captains

I did have an issue with a few on my team Ricko because they were actively trying to sabatoge it. I voiced my frustrations and threatened to quit for 1 day but quickly pulled myself together and continued onward with those who were trying despite losers like oderus. I met EVERY requirement and my record as cap was 100% clean.

I think a captain should be respected by atleast 75% of the TW community
    Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

Quote Originally Posted by Weak View Post
    Iíd think Turb as a cap would be good. If every other cap agrees - give him a wb to help cover that spot (like you said team Geio with Tiny). What if we did it where we had two captains per team? I know we probably donít have the number of players to make that a viable option. For example: Pair zid with a wb (since heís better at jav/base.. same goes for dreamwin etc. I know it probably wonít work and you can make the argument of just having individuals and just let them draft. Not sure if having a preset co-captain would give them an incentive to sign up or cap.

I mean, Turban is a very good warbird already. He led Terrorist to the TWDT-D Finals two seasons ago, and was a good starter in TWLD and dropped 20 on Fierce like twice. He's not super elite, but he's like an 8.5

Zidane probably has the most value because he's the best javelin and the best shark. He's not a great WB, but he's pretty decent. He made TSLD All-Stars (albeit through attrition) and won TWDT-D as a starter in 2016.

Dreamwin as almost as much value as Zid, although he spiders which is less important than shark.

Mythril
    is a Top 5 all-time warbird, an elite shark who made All-Stars and has started 3 TWLB Finals, and a pretty solid jav.

Trasher is a basing god, a very good jav, and a decent warbird.

Geio is a very good warbird, a good jav, and a good shark. Tiny is an elite javelin and shrewd TWDT cap with experience.

If you rate a captain on his proficiency across 3 leagues, with 3.0 being the perfect 3-leaguer who is a god in every ship, I'd rate them thusly:

Zidane - 2.7
    Turban - 2.8
    Dreamwin - 2.6
    Mythril - 2.6
    Trasher - 2.5
    Geio/Tiny - 2.5

I really think it's pretty close. I'd give myself like a 1.8 (1 for base since I terr and that's super valuable, and .8 for warbird) and I've always had the worst draft spot every season and reached the Semi-Finals in all three leagues 8/9 times. Attacks went like 6/6, and I'd rate him like 0.9 (.9 for wb, and nothing else), so even with a big initial disadvantage it's still possible to be very successful. Obviously, the more parity the better, but I'm not sure giving these captains anyone else would prove beneficial.

Those 6 would be, by far, the most talented group of captains in TWDT history.

There was a season a few years ago where TJ Hazuki was a captain and took Welt with his 1st pick, so knowing you're going to any those 6 teams, who get an elite pick in the 1st round on top of that, has to instill you with a degree of confidence that you're primed for success.
    2:RaCka> I wonder what turban's real name is
    2gron> turb's name IRL is tellixador icantshow
    2:RaCka> LOL
    2:Heaven> LOl

Ogron> what's your showrate, i got the next FA pick
    24> i can only show Week 2

Major Crisis/Ownix Major Crisis's Avatar
    Turban is a very good warbird already. He led Terrorist to the TWDT-D Finals two seasons ago
    ??????????????????????????????????????????????
    That was all Dreamwin and a little me. All I remember is Turban going 5-10 all the time :x
    But yea he can do really good in wb.
    Major Crisis

Oh nvm I see in the stats he did better in regular season than I thought... His finals were bad
    Major Crisis

Quote Originally Posted by Major Crisis View Post
    Turban is a very good warbird already. He led Terrorist to the TWDT-D Finals two seasons ago
    ??????????????????????????????????????????????
    That was all Dreamwin and a little me. All I remember is Turban going 5-10 all the time :x
    But yea he can do really good in wb.
    Ummm...

He finished 7th in TWDT-D, averaging 10.9 KPG. You finished 38th averaging 7.0 KPG.

Name:  p7iePJg.png
Views: 180
Size:  228.7 KB

Why is my team called Zombie?
    Violence> lag cheating niggir
    JAMAL> laggy no skill nebwie
    JuanJuan> you a fucking lagass cheater
    mAZe Of tOrM> try more faggot
    mAZe Of tOrM> u suck dick
    Shadowmere> Nice lag you fagf

Quote Originally Posted by Trasher View Post
    because you're completely dead inside
    TWL-J Season 11 Champion
    TWL-J Season 21 Champion
    TWL-B Season 21 Champion
    TWDT-D 2017 Champion
    TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Trasher View Post
    It's just a placeholder title.

You're free to name your team and choose an alternate portrait. Remember that you don't need to own the squadname in TWDT, which gives captains more freedom to choose something cool.

Alternate Portraits available:

Last edited by Claushouse; 09-28-2017 at 10:03 AM.

holy crap you really got the cream of the crop here trasher. Better get on EARTHWORM JIM before its taken

Quote Originally Posted by Claushouse View Post
    It's just a placeholder title.

You're free to name your team and choose an alternate portrait. Remember that you don't need to own the squadname in TWDT, which gives captains more freedom to choose something cool.

Alternate Portraits available:

1:Foreign> i screenshot every time i get mvp in javs
    1:pascone> folder is empty :/
    1:Tiny> LOL
    1:Mega Newbie> uhauhauhauhauhauha

1:Ricko> i havent played so well and gone 4-7 before

Ummm...

He finished 7th in TWDT-D, averaging 10.9 KPG. You finished 38th averaging 7.0 KPG.

I'm so glad u posted this. Refer to #78. He should obviously be a 6*
    1:waven> u challenge
    1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Quote Originally Posted by MHz View Post
    Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Ummm...

Yea, cuz I only played two games, which we both won cuz of me.
    And like I said, I thought he didnt do this well in regular season, but then again his semi-final and finals games were awful.
    Major Crisis

Quote Originally Posted by kentaro
    holy crap you really got the cream of the crop here trasher. Better get on EARTHWORM JIM before its taken
    LOL, I just got an emergency message from Tiny saying he wants Earthworm Jim after you posted that.

Tiny kills me.

Btw - I started a new job and now Iíll have weekends off... so my activity will be more consistent... if anyone actually cares lol

I do

Let me tell you a secret that will make your life as a captain far less stressful and able to compete in 3 leagues even if your a one leaguer, stay away from trolls, and pick strong leaders in leagues you dont compete in, dont always look at the best players, Lasenza is a good warbird but has no leadership or team qualitys whatsoever, you could have picked Ease and im sure he would have given you sound advice. Jamal for my season 1 basing was key, for my second season I picked Commodo, Pressure and Tiny to cover the leagues I didnt know. Jessup I think you lacked last season by not having leaders in leagues you didnt know and such the trolls were left off a leash, it happened to me somewhat in the first season so its not a jab and you did well to reign it back in at the end. What im trying to say to captains who are thinking of picking up the mantle who are one shippers like me, look at whos going to help you outside the arena not just in it.
    British> my 18th tomoz $$
    Sol ^> 18 and scouse, so that two kids you have by now, brit?

i.d.> I just farted and shit myself alittle bit

Quote Originally Posted by Attacks View Post
    Let me tell you a secret that will make your life as a captain far less stressful and able to compete in 3 leagues even if your a one leaguer, stay away from trolls, and pick strong leaders in leagues you dont compete in, dont always look at the best players, Lasenza is a good warbird but has no leadership or team qualitys whatsoever, you could have picked Ease and im sure he would have given you sound advice. Jamal for my season 1 basing was key, for my second season I picked Commodo, Pressure and Tiny to cover the leagues I didnt know. Jessup I think you lacked last season by not having leaders in leagues you didnt know and such the trolls were left off a leash, it happened to me somewhat in the first season so its not a jab and you did well to reign it back in at the end. What im trying to say to captains who are thinking of picking up the mantle who are one shippers like me, look at whos going to help you outside the arena not just in it.
    Only 1 league captain so far would be me (mythril while a prominent wb is good in other leagues) and the chances of me becoming a captain.. are zero at this point. I agree with your statement, this was my game plan going into the draft as well, honestly my first pick was going to be a baser, second a baser, third a jav and forth a wb, then rotating from 2 baser picks now to 2 javs picks, then 1 baser and 1 wb. I wanted to focus on leagues I know I would be the weakest in (what other teams would assume I'd be weakest in) and build a strong team accordingly. I was really excited at the opportunity of running a team, pouring through past drafts, matches and finals until my eyes bled. Even though I won't be captain this season, going through the previous twdt's data gave me a deeper respect for the league and the players that make it up. I am very excited for this upcoming dt! Aside from this, Attacks your well missed and I know I am not alone with an eagerness of your return. I hope you are well my friend. Take care.

-IxaDor

Come back soon Attacks, we miss you!

Thanks guys your the greatest
    British> my 18th tomoz $$
    Sol ^> 18 and scouse, so that two kids you have by now, brit?

i.d.> I just farted and shit myself alittle bit

Do what's best for you, Tax. Dicko is still here, for the better or the worse, as is Trippin. Let them bare the burden of being British on SubSpace, if you're no longer up to the task. Just have some tea and relax.
    Violence> lag cheating niggir
    JAMAL> laggy no skill nebwie
    JuanJuan> you a fucking lagass cheater
    mAZe Of tOrM> try more faggot
    mAZe Of tOrM> u suck dick
    Shadowmere> Nice lag you fagf