Captains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captains

Last edited by ogron; 10-22-2017, 06:53 PM.
    Cape> draft easier to win when you cap

*6 months later*

Cape triple frowns and misses playoffs in every league

I am down to captain a team this fall.

Comment

Maybe I will captain. When do you need to know by? Haven't logged on since TSL ended. Got burned out.
      Geio> Down to chill and play that
      Best> rather log off and attempt to suck my own d

Comment

Ixador wants to cap.

If there is a lack of interest from veterans in capping, I think he should be considered, as he is active, has a good attitude, and doesn't seem completely retarded, which is more than I can say about a few caps from last season.

He would need someone with more experience to help him draft. Two seasons ago I let Attacks, in his first season as cap, team up with Milosh to broaden the experience pool since he only knew 1 league. Attacks turned out to be one of the best TWDT caps we've ever had, and made deep playoff pushes.

Ixador knows like .4 leagues, so he would need a really good player to help him, even if he doesn't end up playing on Ixador's team.

In my mind, I see someone like Trasher just helping him out during the draft to pick well, even if he gets taken by another team. Trade Calculator and other players can try to shield him from predatory trades during the season after that.

*6 months later*

Comment

Fine by me. But give him a first pick or something to make up for his rating.

Comment

I'd rather not say stop Ixador capping as he's both eager and active, however he would definitely need the number 1 draft and someone supporting him (as you said Ogron) because all the other caps are already top players in their respective leagues and pretty much equate to first round picks....and ixador is very much at the other end of the spectrum which puts him and his team at a huge disadvantage in comparison.
            TWL-J Season 11 Champion
            TWL-J Season 21 Champion
            TWL-B Season 21 Champion
            TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
            TWDT-D 2017 Champion
            TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

The thing is, people complain about delectable capping them and it 'ruining' their season, but they don't step up to cap.

While there are a lot of good sports, many just expect to be drafted by a top tier captain with a fantastic attitude to an excellent team while also getting a starting spot in every league they want.

The players who fit that bill (Ease, Trasher, Hulk, Cripple, etc.) have either never wanted to cap or retired from capping. Dreamwin is probably the closest thing to getting put on the "ideal" team -- and that puts your odds to 1/6, at best.

Zidane and Dreamwin are the most dominant captains in TWDT, but we still need 4 more. I think me and Attacks have done a pretty good job and have fun teams that make deep playoff runs, and players enjoy their time on those teams, but Attacks is taking time off from the game. I wouldn't cap if there were more qualified pilots taking the reins, but given the situation, I'll probably have to.

That leaves 2-3 spots to be filled.

Tiny is a good cap and he isn't toxic, he would be a solid candidate, but I'm not sure he will go in for it. If Attacks came back, that would be fantastic. He has put together consecutive awesome 3-league teams and has a good attitude.

Geio and Mythril should be excellent captains.

I've said it before, but 2016 Fall was by far my favorite season, and had the best slate of captains:

Every team was good, and it was insanely competitive all the way. Even Pressure was quite pleasant and reasonable that season, which is rare. When he capped in 2014 he was a complete psychopath.

I consider that the watermark for TWDT capping, although TWDT 2013 was probably the deepest captaincy pool of tryhard veterans:

You're never going to see that many multi-champion TWDT caps duking it out in a single season like that again.

Anyway, we still have a bit of time before the re-scheduled draft, so try to convince veterans to volunteer and cap!

*6 months later*

Comment

Don't we only have enough players for 4 teams anyway?

Comment

Just wanted to say thank you for the consideration to becoming a captain for this upcoming TWDT. I am very serious about this role and will do my best to create a strong, competitive team for all divisions. I am very eager to learn the ropes, am well aware of the growing pains I will face as a new captain should I be selected and will make every sacrifice I can to help ensure my teams success this season. I have been studying past DT's history (drafts, matches, finals, ect.) to gain as much understanding on how to go about the draft, the value of it's players in other divisions and the league as a whole. I am driven, committed and excited at this consideration. I really appreciate it.

-IxaDor

Comment

I feel like you (Ogron) are somewhat pointing your finger towards me (about the delectable part).
                    I don't really wanna cap, that has two reasons.
                    1) I don't feel like I am a loved person, and I can be a dick really easy. I know you can be too (no offense), but you have skills to cover them.
                    2) If you cap me against people like dreamwin, you will have the same 'problem' you had with delectable and jessup. We are no high star players in any league, so people like dreamwin have a huge advantage with picking. Like dreamwin has one less spot to cover in the jav/base part. Even in warbird he can more than decent. While myself can only cover the mediocore spots, this is where enough people are benching already. If it's too hard to find enough captains about dreamwin's level, why not try to get people around some lower level? This means all 'big stars' are open to pick.
                    I think people like me, omega red, rab, heaven and so on, could do decently enough as captains if we face each other.

Btw, I thought Geio said no later to wanting to cap?
                    Major Crisis

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
                      Don't we only have enough players for 4 teams anyway?
                      70-80 players = 4 squads
                      100-120 players = 5-6 squads

Previous TWDT this year had close to 200 players, where did they go.

Comment

How many do we have signed up for this season?

Edit: Oh u made a thread, forum didn't tell me.
                        http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthr...signups-so-far

Comment

Need to put sign up bot in tsl/run adverts/ogron message the sign ups from previous years (he always does this and not sure if it's been done yet).

About the captain situation it should be 6 players near the same skill level, if I cap again I will just win everything again as the skill difference is massive (including dreamwin who's not on my level and never has been). But anyway if you need me to cap that badly I will consider it but I honestly think it should be people of similar skill. Ixador won't work as there aren't 5 other players as bad as him unless we pay some steam players

Comment

You may put me down as a maybe for captain, but only if there are 6 teams or more.
                            JAMAL> laggy no skill nebwie
                            JuanJuan> you a fucking lagass cheater
                            mAZe Of tOrM> try more faggot
                            mAZe Of tOrM> u suck dick

Shadowmere> Nice lag you fagf

Comment

Let ixador cap.. he volunteered to early and no one else is. I proved a first time cap can do everything that is needed. My wb and jav team was by far the best team on paper. When we showed up we won and dominated. The issue for Paladin was only the fact that my line refused to show up and play at the end of the season and we basically forfeited. This league has serious issues when it comes to people showing and also has a very poorly constructed rating system. The packages last season were terribly lopsided and retarded too. Fix that and make them even. Are you remaking stars again? I hope so. Make me a 6 star across the board.. you all say I suck so do it. Tired of seeing 6 stars who should be 8's and 7 stars who should be 6's or 8's ruin every season. Zids team was totally ridiculous last season with all these underated people on his team were way better than the stars assigned to them so he had depth to cover no mater who didn't show. Balance this league better!! Teams success in reality is more based off the low stars than high stars, especially when high stars don't show which is out of a captains control. There were NO issues with me as a cap last season. I did everything I was supposed to and had a team that should have won DD and JD but the players failed to show. Don't even debate ixador .. let him do it.. you guys seem to acting like he is some noob. The guy has played this game since at least the mid 2000's lol. He knows who is who as well as anyone and will do fine.
                              TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                              TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                              TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                              TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                              TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                              TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Working...
                              X