Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TWDT 2017 Player Ratings -- PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD

TWDT 2017 Player Ratings -- PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD

do your own work
    Last edited by Claushouse; 10-09-2017 at 05:55 PM.

food for thought on the current system/ratings in thread

It seems everyone is skewed upwards... maybe if you adjust the ranking or you're adding a category for "elite" players 0-85 yet there are only 4 players signed up that are between 80-85 rating. The others would be 77 elites such as Afri, Jessup, Kado. Meaning if you dont get one of the 4 players from 80-85 (Ogron/Turban/Zidane/Trasher) your team is severly disadvantaged.
    1:Foreign> i screenshot every time i get mvp in javs
    1:pascone> folder is empty :/
    1:Tiny> LOL
    1:Mega Newbie> uhauhauhauhauhauha

1:Ricko> i havent played so well and gone 4-7 before

I can help if needed. That list of ppl will do a good job if they give honest ratings though.

I was just checking my rating first - but noticed the values are different between the main sheet and individual sheets, which should we be looking at?

I'm currently performing worse in Jav than Wb btw.

I'm happy with the list of players selected to review the ratings.

I'd like some sort of loop back into TSL so those ratings benefit from the effort put in here.

zeebu 'DUMPTRUCK' johnson Zeebu's Avatar
    what do the colors mean, and the various degrees of shading in the same colors

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Jar Jar Binks is a solid 85+
    Last edited by Ixador; 09-29-2017 at 03:53 PM.

Why the fuck is that shit autoplaying, utter aids.

zeebu 'DUMPTRUCK' johnson Zeebu's Avatar
    yeah, get rid of the autoplay feature on that ix

this one of those times where it would be nice to still be a mod and just do it for him

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Ive beaten every single person on this list besides ease 1v1 in wb multiple times, with racka being the easiest ..... and base is a joke any fkn retard with one eye can be good at it, I mean look at players like ogron ......
    3x Claushouse stomper, gun busting tw pub warrior, #doitwidachewin one bad SOB

born in the gutter, and chained to the radiator of a squat basement for 16 years
    We are proud to announce the triumph return. FROM ALL THE WAY IN THE BACK OF THE FOOD STAMP LINE!
    AND STRAIGHT OUTTA MOTHERFUCKING REHAB!
    IT'S THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE MOTHA FKN OLDE

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamwin View Post
    I can help if needed. That list of ppl will do a good job if they give honest ratings though.
    Hey Dreamwin, you're welcome to provide feedback if you want. Just copy the google sheets and send me the link with your modifications. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by kentaro View Post
    food for thought on the current system/ratings in thread

It seems everyone is skewed upwards... maybe if you adjust the ranking or you're adding a category for "elite" players 0-85 yet there are only 4 players signed up that are between 80-85 rating. The others would be 77 elites such as Afri, Jessup, Kado. Meaning if you dont get one of the 4 players from 80-85 (Ogron/Turban/Zidane/Trasher) your team is severly disadvantaged.
    Hey Kentaro. Good feedback. This is something I always look at, and I will do some bell curving/fitting to make sure there's a decent number of players at every slot. These aren't the finalized ratings, they're placeholders.

That said, part of captaining a TWDT team is choosing where you're going to focus your draft capital.

As for the TWDT-D Elite Player Slot (0-85), I disagree with your assessment that there are only 4 good candidates for the position.

Turban, Zidane, myself, and Trasher are solid picks, but Dreamwin has led his team to two straight TWDT-D Finals and plays on 4000 resolution, he's been a big factor in warbird in TWDT (with the exception of last season, where he played poorly.)

Zizzo and Stayon have sported similar profiles in warbird, 24 has been a TWDT-D monster for years winning two finals, Kess was in the Top 3 of TSLD for awhile and has shown some WB chops, Skyforger is emerging as a viable option in warbird through TSL, Temujin was a beast on Brexit last TWDT-D and reached the finals, Kira has been very good in TSLD, not u also had an excellent season leading ALF in TWDT-D, Tripin is a TWLD veteran who has also won TWDT-D as a starter, Stung is doing great in warbird ATM, Kado has been a solid warbird in TWDT-D, Cape can be an x-factor in WB if he shows, Absent has helped multiple TWDT-D teams reach the finals, Cranium is a former TWLD starter and he started for me on Baratheon when we reached the TWDT-D Semis in 2013, Murder and Flew are veterans, Weaver is a TWLD legend, ditto Guero and Paky Dude if they're active.

So I think there are a lot of viable options at that tier depending on who signs up, and frankly I don't think Turban/myself/Zid/Trasher are slam dunks. Turb melted down in the semis for me 2 seasons ago with like 3-10 and 2-10 performances, I fizzled out in the Semis last season, and Zid has struggled as well. There's some inconsistency in their games despite flashes of talent, which is to be expected from players who main ships in other leagues.

I consider them all a tier below the like Spezza/Kentaro/Geio tier, who have proven more in TWLD and been a bit more consistent, but we'll see what our warbird raters have to say.

Afterwards, I'll see how many of those players I just listed actually signup, then try to make sure there's an appropriate amount of players in each tier of each league for Captains to choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by Rab
    I was just checking my rating first - but noticed the values are different between the main sheet and individual sheets, which should we be looking at?
    I'm editing from the main page, so whatever is on the main page is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebu
    what do the colors mean, and the various degrees of shading in the same colors
    There are 3 different shades of color, and each represent the following:

Dark Yellow: Max Tier Slot (0-100)
    Yellow: Elite Tier Slot (0-85)
    Light Yellow: Veteran Tier Slot (0-75)
    No Color: Amateur Tier Slot (0-65)

Basically, they visually tell you what Player Slot you can play them in. If you're Yellow, you can be slotted into either the Elite Tier or Max Tier Slot.

If you're Dark Yellow, you can only be started in the Max Tier Slot.

If you're uncolored, you can play in any slot.

In TWDT-D and TWDT-J, there are 2 Max Slots, 1 Elite Slot, 1 Veteran Slot, and 1 Amateur slot in the starting 5. You can read more about it here.

i am definitely not capping if theres 60 signups... go talk to ur buddies and all vets like 24 should sign up even if ur burnt/cant show 100%. you think i want to cap? doing this to help zone and everyone who can show atleast 25% of games should sign up
    Captain of the most winningest team in TWDT history - Power

I decided to sign up and im also available to review the jav/base ratings claus
    KESS let me down in mortars... damn puta!!! DOUBLE THE PUTA TIME!! ?go doublejavs -Cig <ER>

SUH SUH G. SPAWNFEST TIME. calling out all muh boys ?go JAVUFC to play -Children <ER>

1:cripple> i luv lbj cock
    1:cripple> if he paid me 50k for every time i gave him a bj i'd do it

please make me 65 rating in all ships , thanks

remove -10 accross the board pls. no way im meaningfully better than a vet like henry saari.

also activity rating a complete sham as well. i login only for leagues

compare skyforger vs ogron

tsl s2

activity rating 10 vs 7

tslb 11 games vs ogron's 14
    tslj 16 vs 13
    tsld 10 vs 22

lol.

yeah I'm somehow an 8 in activity, whereas Ogron has 7....however I've played 20 games in TSL so far this season vs Ogron's 49. This will prob drop my rating!
    TWL-J Season 11 Champion
    TWL-J Season 21 Champion
    TWL-B Season 21 Champion
    TWDT-D 2017 Champion
    TWDT-J 2017 Champion

ratings don't need to be a subjective effort of 1 (or 5) guys, when we got math. lemme explain.

nearly everyone played tsl. calculate tsl average $ per game of all players who have played atleast 20 tsl games . say iron survivor is the best average $ with 25$/game avg, racka is 2nd best with 24$ avg. iron survivor is 10.0 as the best. racka a 9.6. (24$ is 96% of 25$) and so on for everyone.

for those select few that have not played a good sample of tsl in the 2 seasons, have the panel of 5 review them. with a much lesser amount of players to evaluate manually its more likely the panel can do more in-depth research.

if activity needs to be calculated, same deal - use tsl activity with the same trickle down system. no bias.

its less drama, quicker and more likely to be accurate, like pretty sure math wont support skyfroger have a higher total than ogron, geio, lasenza, thix etc.
    Last edited by skyforger; 10-02-2017 at 02:02 PM.