Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rules Updates

Permanent Bans

There appears to have been some miscommunication on this front. The ban on Chrona was reset when it shouldn't have been.

Given the gargantuan amount of time effort, witness testimony, and video evidence to finally convince upper staff to ban that level of in-game trolling late into the season, I had zero intention of revoking his ban.

It makes no sense to spend 5 weeks building up a case each season, banning him for the final 2 weeks only, then restarting the process over and over.

The ban carries over, and you need to be reinstated.

Given that Chrona has already been playing and I haven't heard too much, I'm inclined not to do anything this time around, and we'll assume him reinstated for simplicity's sake, but obviously he's on a short leash given his prior history.

Hosting Guidelines

I can't believe I have to actually put this into words, but please do not host TSL on off-days. It caused us huge problems last season, where one player qualified for the 10th spot based on all the scores including that Monday, and one player qualified for 10th spot without the Monday.

Moreover, staff and hosts need a break. As important, players need a break. We had a few players burn out in Season 1. When TSL is being hosted some players feel like they should play or have to play. It's good to have some off time to recharge.

When the game has died down significantly, the !p's have dried up, it's late at night, it is time to state "final game I think", play it out, then close down TSL for the night. If I ask you to shut it down and stop hosting, please do so. This entire thing is written basically for Jessup, since every other host in TW has always been very amenable on the topic.

During the final week of TSL, you cannot !open games past 11:59pm EST. This is to provide an established cutoff for people trying to qualify at the end of the season. When the clock strikes twelve, that's it.

Accelerated Ban Lengths

This rule is already in place and codified, but I'll restate it in case anyone has forgotten. While there is an established process (1. Warning, 2. 2-Day Ban, 3. 2-Week Ban, 4. Permaban) for minor offenses, feeding and trolling and other more serious offenses can have the steps skipped and the ban increased.

TSL is much more vulnerable to trolling and abuse than TWL and TWDT, and aggressively policing players sounds lame and power trippy, but it helps ensure your TSL experience is good, that other's aren't cheating and getting fed, that your teams are full of players trolling and hampering your ability to qualify for All-Stars, and disincentivizing them from ragequitting your games and hurting your scores.

I want players to have confidence they can do !p and know their teammates won't AFK or ragequit and waste their time and efforts. The amount of AFKing and RQ'ing has probably been reduced by about 300% since the start of Season 1. It seems heavyhanded, but these warnings and 2-day bans are effective at improving your experience in the league.

Thank you for your understanding and continued support in making TSL as good as possible.
    top 100 basers list

FTFY

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post

Peer Respect Policy

TSL is vulnerable to verbal abuse, bossing and mobbing like TWL and TWDT, and aggressively policing players sounds lame and power trippy, but it helps ensure your TSL experience is good, that other players are not subject to verbal abuse, bossing and mobbing, that your teams are not full of players indulging in verbal abuse, bossing and mobbing and thus ostracizing players, especially new players from the league and the zone.

I want players to have confidence they can do !p and know they won't be verbally abused, bossed or mobbed. The amount of verbal abuse, bossing and mobbing will be reduced by about 300% since the start of this policy. It seems heavyhanded, but these warnings and 2-day bans for verbal abuse, bossing and mobbing are effective at improving your experience in the league.

If a host engages in verbal abuse, bossing and mobbing then a 2-Week ban will be administered for the first offence. If a TSL Op engages in verbal abuse, bossing and mobbing then a 2-Month ban will be administered.

Thank you for your understanding and continued support in making TSL as good as possible.

Comment

Working...
    X