This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TSL Season 2 All-Star Standings

Update: After taking feedback from TSL players, this will not be implemented this season.

I listed at the start of Season 2 that I would be implementing Kess's idea of giving +5$ bonus value to each player for their first 30 games of the season. Rab had trouble coding this and left it out of the TSL Website values, but I will be manually adding those values in TSLD and TSLJ (it's too hard to do in TSLB). I will also be removing illegally hosted games from those values to deal with hosts who can't follow the rules.

So, if you play under 30 games, you will automatically have $100 bonus value (your 20 best games x $5 bonus). This won't affect 95% of the players in TSL -- it will slightly reduce the advantage of grinders who play 50-60-70 games, although not too much. It's still very worthwhile to stay active and keep replacing your top 20 scores with better scores. This just makes it a bit easier for players who play less to compete.

Also note, the graphic listing TSL All-Stars on the map will still use the value listed on the Website, i.e. your overall value without the $5 bonuses, so if you want to say you're a $600 tier player, you still need to accomplish it the old-fashioned way.

It will look something like this:

Last edited by ogron; 10-11-2017, 04:01 PM.
    top 100 basers list

OK I think I am done with TSL. If I am looking at the numbers right, to even qualify for finals you need to be in the 500+ now. Would of took the $100 over playing nearly 60 shitty games any day, would most likely be in the 500's if I stopped at 30, where at the time was already in 400's or just right under. I pushed my activity way up this season as last season I was going through alot irl and barely made 19 games in WB. I also played when I was incredibly sick for several weeks, hindsight 20/20 I would of stayed away, since these games count for so much. Oh well. Had its ups and downs and lots of unwanted drama, but overall I had fun. Until next season!

-IxaDor

Comment

you realise TSL only takes the scores of your top 20 games right ixador? It's not about volume it's about quality at the end of the day - your $8 a game average is what has stopped you being higher up, and you can't blame anyone for that. This isn't a league where you are the best PURELY on activity.
      TWL-J Season 11 Champion
      TWL-J Season 21 Champion
      TWL-B Season 21 Champion
      TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
      TWDT-D 2017 Champion
      TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

I'm getting some pushback on implementing the $5 dollar bonus to your first 30 games in each league.

It is pretty late in the season and some thought it wasn't going to be implemented as well.

I don't care either way, but interested in what people think.
        top 100 basers list

Comment

not a fan.. we should be trying to encourage ppl to play a lot

Comment

prefer same as last season but whatever wont change how much i play

Comment

well, let's table it then for now, the reception has been mostly negative to lukewarm, and it's fairly late in the season.

maybe we can work something out for season 3.
              top 100 basers list

Comment

I've thought more about this than anyone, as I actually had to try and implement it in a way that wouldn't suck, and I had a load of test data so I could see this situation coming which you're just realising now. Here's the tl/dr...

The objective of TSL is to encourage activity.

The result is that this bonus as you've calculated it discourages players from playing games after their 30th game because they're less likely to get a game which counts in their top 20, AND therefore it's in their interest NOT to play because they don't want other players to be able to reach 20 GP.

I tried a solution such that the bonus would be added to your top 20 games. Then the obvious conclusion is that if everyone just has $100 added to their score all it does is inflate the scores, it doesn't provide any incentive.
                Last edited by Rab; 10-10-2017, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Neat incentive, a fine way to interface thanks to Rab.
                  TWDT Power Squadron Triple Crown Win 2018 Season. Base, Javelin and Warbird Medals.
                  TWDTB Season 15 Trench Wars Draft Basing: TWDTB Champion & Medal
                  TSLB All-Star Season 2: Medal 1 Win-Baser in 2 or 4 to 10 Zones('Grab the Flag')&Paladen Best Old Squad 50 Members-former whiterabbits squad, fan and member: Invincible
                  ~Babylon 5 spider insider.sigpic former No Surrender and No Surrender II,loyal to Anti-Scrub~ Kongregate Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
                    I've thought more about this than anyone, as I actually had to try and implement it in a way that wouldn't suck, and I had a load of test data so I could see this situation coming which you're just realising now. Here's the tl/dr...

The objective of TSL is to encourage activity.

The result is that this bonus as you've calculated it discourages players from playing games after their 30th game because they're less likely to get a game which counts in their top 20, AND therefore it's in their interest NOT to play because they don't want other players to be able to reach 20 GP.

I tried a solution such that the bonus would be added to your top 20 games. Then the obvious conclusion is that if everyone just has $100 added to their score all it does is inflate the scores, it doesn't provide any incentive.
                    This ^^^^ +1

We don't reward free value, you must earn it.
                    TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                    TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                    TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                    TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                    TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                    TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Well, I appreciate the input everyone provided on forums and in-game -- I'll go with the majority consensus, and this will not be implemented. And with the Monday games removed from the website, we'll just go with those numbers to determine All-Stars for now.

I'm closing and unstickying this.
                      top 100 basers list

Comment

Working...
                      X