Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, maybe staff will let me host turretwar2 now that the games officially dead.
    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

rofl

seems like ogron has a mental breakdown and "quits" every season. wasn't it just last season he threw a temper tantrum aimed at zidane?

we'll leave the light on for ya bud. you'll be making more clip art for leagues in no time.
      7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
      Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
      TWLJ Champion Season 11
      TWLB All-Star Season 10
      Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

As someone who has helped with the league scene more times than I would like to admit, I can confirm that running a league is not that great of an experience. It takes a lot of patience to deal with all kinds of personalities, and at times it might be difficult stay professional with the constant complaints, insults, and even occasional death threats from other players. Unfortunately it is not that easy for everyone to stay rational in such an environment while sacrificing all your free time for the pleasure of others.

I can confirm that Ogron has never been in charge of coordinating and training hosts, or keeping staff members up-to-date with rule and policy changes unless something has drastically changed in the recent years. It seems that there has been some personality clashes between him and the staff members who have been assigned to help him which ultimately lead into this decision. I never had any major conflicts with him when supporting his leagues—at least to my recollection—however I do admit that he is not the easiest person to work with especially when things do not go his way.

Nevertheless he has done an excellent job running leagues as a regular player and cares more about this game than anyone else that I have met in the past 18+ years of playing. He is a hard-working individual and creates quality content for our enjoyment. He does have his flaws as many of us painfully know, however no one in here is in position to undermine the hard work he has done these past couple of years to help the competitive scene of this zone.

We may not be the best friends, and there are times when I am utterly disgusted by your behavior, but you still have earned my respect and in the end it is only a game.

Thanks for your work so far, and hopefully you will reconsider your decision as I am only captaining in this league to return a favor.
        Last edited by Turban; 10-10-2017, 09:31 AM.

Comment

It is very rational to stay maybe not professional in that situation, but to be grown up and mentally stable enough to not fuck things up because a few dipshits call you a bad name.
          Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post
            As someone who has helped with the league scene more times than I would like to admit, I can confirm that running a league is not that great of an experience. It takes a lot of patience to deal with all kinds of personalities, and at times it might be difficult stay professional with the constant complaints, insults, and even occasional death threats from other players. Unfortunately it is not that easy for everyone to stay rational in such an environment while sacrificing all your free time for the pleasure of others.

I can confirm that Ogron has never been in charge of coordinating and training hosts, or keeping staff members up-to-date with rule and policy changes unless something has drastically changed in the recent years. It seems that there has been some personality clashes between him and the staff members who have been assigned to help him which ultimately lead into this decision. I never had any major conflicts with him when supporting his leagues—at least to my recollection—however I do admit that he is not the easiest person to work with especially when things do not go his way.

Nevertheless he has done an excellent job running leagues as a regular player and cares more about this game than anyone else that I have met in the past 18+ years of playing. He is a hard-working individual and creates quality content for our enjoyment. He does have his flaws as many of us painfully know, however no one in here is in position to undermine the hard work he has done these past couple of years to help the competitive scene of this zone.

We may not be the best friends, and there are times when I am utterly disgusted by your behavior, but you still have earned my respect and in the end it is only a game.

Thanks for your work so far, and hopefully you will reconsider your decision as I am only captaining in this league to return a favor.
            This. Yet many people are too retarded they can do it all.
            There have been many people who got tired of running leagues. Markmrw felt his sundays were gone after one season of TWDT. I burnt out after one season of TWDT. PH quit fast enough running TWL. I think all of these people will agree that the worst part is someone trying to 'take over' while they only do like 5% of the work. Ogron has set rules for a reason, like the not host on non set days... What does Henry do.. Right lets host! Instead this mastermind of staff could try other stuff to get more activity into TW besides TSL. I would say he is the Dean of Staff for a reason... But so far I only have seen one reason why he is.

I only see blame towards Ogron from some people, while they refuse to look in the mirror. And yes, I think Ogron should relax some and look in the mirror as well. All we are doing together is killing this zone faster and faster if we keep acting like those idiots.
            Major Crisis

Comment

PH quit because of all the faggots on staff, not because he was burned out just so we get history correct.
              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Thats what I meant. There are always ppl on staff who think they know it better and go power tripping.
                Major Crisis

Comment

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
                  Honestly speaking, this is a blessing in disguise. It's time we pull the plug on this game's competitive side and cherish the good times through memory. It has been horrendous quality-wise and some of you full time Twers need to start slowly quitting this game before you have serious withdrawal when it actually dies in a few years. Got mudafkas having cold sweats IRL waking up in the middle of the night trying to attach to your pillows.
                  I literally fell out of my chair when I read this, for the first time in over a decade I actually agree with Cres!

You guys have a very small number of players to work with and one asshole (his words, not mine) who is willing to put in the league work. Sounds like the choice is straight forward; either kiss his ass or find someone else.

But this ‘Housewives of TW’ would be a sucky way to close out the zone with.
                  Eph

Comment

Fuck you Eph, thats my line.
                    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by Ephemeral View Post
                      I literally fell out of my chair when I read this, for the first time in over a decade I actually agree with Cres!
                      yayyyyy u did it buddy

http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthr...561#post895561
                      1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

what a twist!

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

oh snap, i just noticed that claus edited all his old posts to remove any and all twdt information as well. ahahahah, this is great

POWER PLAY

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

This is the continuum I miss.
                            Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Lots of negativity in this thread, so let me just inject some condensed positivity:

* The modern TWDTs under Claus have been some of the best and most competitive leagues in subspace history
                              * Better than the TWLs because you actually have 6-8 stacked teams
                              * Claus can be highly strung, but he gets shit done
                              * 80 players still want to play, and I bet we can make that 120+ with a bit of collective effort
                              * Chaos zone runs successful, back to back leagues, despite having a much smaller player base than TW
                              * No reason why we can't
                              * Doing is better than criticising
                              * A perfect system *does not exist* - you'll always get uneven teams. There is 20% variance in each ratings bracket and everyone is rusty af.

Cheers
                              You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Originally posted by Jessup View Post
                                I suggest you read your post Mythril and do just that. Ogron hasn't single handedly done anything. We ALL are the ones who show up, host, write hot or nots, compete and make seasons succesful. Stop giving this guy all this credit. He deserves some but not the idol worship all you fanboys give him. It's like this constant circle suck with a certain group of you and to me is one of the real cancers in this zone..... facepalm.......
                                What u dont even get, is that this isnt players idolizing claus. Many people dont even like Claus, but most of us respect the hell out of him and the work he did for TW these last years. I dunno about the things Henry/wii did and wont comment on them, but i do know about jess's BS. How can such an irrelevant player suddenly think she/he/it has any sort of credit to raise all this shit with TSL AND STILL ACTIVELY Fuck tsl games is beyond me.
                                Author of the clutchest and most tilting TEK of the century.

1:cripple> i luv lbj cock
                                1:cripple> if he paid me 50k for every time i gave him a bj i'd do it

Comment

Working...
                                X