Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 392

Thread: Whats up faggots.

  1. #61
    Reality kthx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    10,142
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Scuggs View Post
    The fact of the matter is that most businesses nowadays aren't increasing profits by improving products. They're doing it by cutting costs. If they could cut minimum wage and pay us all 50cents a day they absolutely would.
    Whats your point, the government has a minimum wage? How does that help anything you are saying, and companies have always tried to cut costs and save money.. why the fuck do you think we took over Panama to build the canal.
    Rabble Rabble Rabble


  2. #62
    is on druggs Jerome Scuggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    loUiSiAna
    Posts
    12,920
    Quote Originally Posted by kthx View Post
    If a company can't make money they fail and a different company comes and takes over while doing a better job.. what college did you study economics in?
    It's the "while doing a better job" part that gets me here. What does that mean, specifically? Because remember, we're talking about economics, where price is a driving factor. Do you honestly think Walmart is on top because its products are the best? Or because their products are the cheapest? And to that end, do you know that the largest demographic of welfare users isn't racial or gender-based, that the largest group of people who use welfare, is walmart employees? Why is Walmart forcing taxpayers to subsidIze their employees? Why doesn't Walmart pay them, themselves? Do you think Walmart doesn't have that kind of money?
    The Phase > what version of ssc are you guys running?
    Criminal> idk whatever was on the first google result for "piece of shit spaceship game from 96 free download"


    Quote Originally Posted by Leland View Post
    lol lo l oo lo l ol olol o lo l ol o lo l o


    420 420 420

    123

  3. #63
    Reality kthx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    10,142
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Scuggs View Post
    It's the "while doing a better job" part that gets me here. What does that mean, specifically? Because remember, we're talking about economics, where price is a driving factor. Do you honestly think Walmart is on top because its products are the best? Or because their products are the cheapest? And to that end, do you know that the largest demographic of welfare users isn't racial or gender-based, that the largest group of people who use welfare, is walmart employees? Why is Walmart forcing taxpayers to subsidIze their employees? Why doesn't Walmart pay them, themselves? Do you think Walmart doesn't have that kind of money?
    It is a free market, if the employees hate their jobs at Walmart so much they could go get a job somewhere else. And before you tell me that they can't, they actually can. If Walmart can't find people to work for them at the rate they are willing to pay them, they would have to increase the rate of pay to their employees until people would work for them, that is basic free market logic. The funny thing is Walmart pays their drivers, logistics, and other people a very very competitive pay because they are worth more and do a job that requires a skilled trade and special license.
    Rabble Rabble Rabble


  4. #64
    is on druggs Jerome Scuggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    loUiSiAna
    Posts
    12,920
    Ah, I forget we live in a world with infinite jobs! But if jobs are infinite than so is money so all this worry about budgets is unfounded, give everyone a job and a money
    The Phase > what version of ssc are you guys running?
    Criminal> idk whatever was on the first google result for "piece of shit spaceship game from 96 free download"


    Quote Originally Posted by Leland View Post
    lol lo l oo lo l ol olol o lo l ol o lo l o


    420 420 420

    123

  5. #65
    is on druggs Jerome Scuggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    loUiSiAna
    Posts
    12,920
    Transportation is one of the largest employers of individuals in America and we're on the cusp of a self-driving vehicle revolution, so it'll be interesting to see this play out over the next decade
    The Phase > what version of ssc are you guys running?
    Criminal> idk whatever was on the first google result for "piece of shit spaceship game from 96 free download"


    Quote Originally Posted by Leland View Post
    lol lo l oo lo l ol olol o lo l ol o lo l o


    420 420 420

    123

  6. #66
    Reality kthx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    10,142
    If you think self driving cars would be the end of jobs in the transportation field you are dead wrong, someone is still going to be sitting in those rigs getting paid the same if not more considering they are going to have to learn more technology to operate it correctly.

    Also if there aren't enough jobs then why are we bringing in people from another country to do menial labor? Sounds to me like you are admitting the people sitting around on unemployment are just lazy individuals, who keep voting democrat so they don't have to work.
    Rabble Rabble Rabble


  7. #67
    Reality kthx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    10,142
    On top of that, self driving cars are a fucking pipe dream in the next 50 years, the technology isn't nearly ready yet, the population doesn't really want them that much, and who is going to bite the bullet and make them in mass for the average population while losing billions of dollars? Is the government going to subsidize their production and use?
    Rabble Rabble Rabble


  8. #68
    is on druggs Jerome Scuggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    loUiSiAna
    Posts
    12,920
    Quote Originally Posted by kthx View Post
    It is a free market, if the employees hate their jobs at Walmart so much they could go get a job somewhere else. And before you tell me that they can't, they actually can. If Walmart can't find people to work for them at the rate they are willing to pay them, they would have to increase the rate of pay to their employees until people would work for them, that is basic free market logic. The funny thing is Walmart pays their drivers, logistics, and other people a very very competitive pay because they are worth more and do a job that requires a skilled trade and special license.
    You're gonna shit when you find out the difference between the truck drivers and the actual in-store employees

    Hint: the truck drivers are unionized lol

    Lets assume everyone can find jobs. Can everyone be a CEO? Even in a perfect free market, someone's still gotta be bottom bitch. Asking for a fair wage doesn't seem so crazy.

    Still haven't answered my question: do you think it's a good idea to increase enforcement of hiring laws re: employers who hire illegals?

    I should also point out that if we're going to follow your logic, Eph is struggling with crappy dialysis because he was lazy and didn't work hard enough to secure the finer things in life. Eph, do you really think you're in this situation because you were lazy and didn't work hard enough? Why didn't you just become a billionaire? It's simple enough.
    The Phase > what version of ssc are you guys running?
    Criminal> idk whatever was on the first google result for "piece of shit spaceship game from 96 free download"


    Quote Originally Posted by Leland View Post
    lol lo l oo lo l ol olol o lo l ol o lo l o


    420 420 420

    123

  9. #69
    is on druggs Jerome Scuggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    loUiSiAna
    Posts
    12,920
    And yeah, if you think cars will never replace horses, if you think the housing market will never fail, I guess it's ok to think automation will not be a huge disruption to the workforce. Like, states are already passing laws allowing driverless vehicles without human supervision. I wouldn't put my faith in technology NOT innovating.

    Edit: I should also point out that I've been using facts, figures, and real-world examples in my posts. The responses have been mainly anecdotal and theoretical. If your arguments are solid you should provide real-world stats and examples to explain your arguments, lol. How do you explain the boom-bust cycle after 1970? How do you explain the huge gap between worker productivity and wages? We are the MOST PRODUCTIVE GENERATION IN HISTORY yet, when adjusted for inflation, wages HAVE NOT INCREASED IN OVER THIRTY YEARS.
    Last edited by Jerome Scuggs; 10-12-2017 at 06:44 PM.
    The Phase > what version of ssc are you guys running?
    Criminal> idk whatever was on the first google result for "piece of shit spaceship game from 96 free download"


    Quote Originally Posted by Leland View Post
    lol lo l oo lo l ol olol o lo l ol o lo l o


    420 420 420

    123

  10. #70
    Reality kthx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    10,142
    The Housing market failed because they gave out loans to people who didn't deserve it, cars replacing horses is different than cars that drive themselves for convenience will replace cars that people drive out of need or for fun, backing up an 18 wheeler into a dock and finding out which dock to go to in multi warehouse complexes is different than parking a shitty nissan leaf on a street corner, not all drivers are part of a union, in fact a majority aren't, anyone can be a CEO if they successfully run their own business, and most people at the bottom are there because they are lazy or too stupid to be given power over others, Eph got fucked with socialized medicine which I am against, automation won't effect jobs in a largely life changing way until we have better power sources, and if we followed the laws that are already on the books companies would be fined for hiring people illegally, but the government needs to fix the broken and fucked up social security # situation for that to happen.
    Rabble Rabble Rabble


  11. #71
    is on druggs Jerome Scuggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    loUiSiAna
    Posts
    12,920
    So for you, there are no exceptions? All socialism is bad? It's not that the "socialist" laws are in fact free market laws that give huge kickbacks to companies?

    Because if so I agree. Disband government/funded socialist military. Disband government-funded socialist cops. Do you agree that we need to get rid of these socialist institutions?

    Also re: Reagan's strike busting the the 80's concerning ATC workers: how do you feel about Chuck Yeager? Do you think he knows what he's talking about? Because lol https://twitter.com/genchuckyeager/s...67881033981952
    The Phase > what version of ssc are you guys running?
    Criminal> idk whatever was on the first google result for "piece of shit spaceship game from 96 free download"


    Quote Originally Posted by Leland View Post
    lol lo l oo lo l ol olol o lo l ol o lo l o


    420 420 420

    123

  12. #72
    Reality kthx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    10,142
    Why because he broke the sound barrier and was a pilot he knows more than the president.. besides that isn't even the point I was making, you are completely ignoring everything I say about the unions being worthless in this day and age. Socialism has failed everywhere its been tried, it has killed more people than Hitler but you still sit here pandering to us about the virtues of it. And it comes down to all of your education being wasted away and having terrible arguments to back up your ideals. Your college failed you in life by indoctrinating you, you weren't strong willed enough to resist the temptations of fitting in with your class and making your professor happy. Go move to Venezuela and enjoy your socialist paradise, it is a complete and utter failure much like your economics course was.

    Look at you, sitting here posting tweets from chuck yeager, saying we should disband the military and cops? Fucking terrible arguments.
    Rabble Rabble Rabble


  13. #73
    Reality kthx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    10,142
    You just need to fucking stop man, you live in one of the best countries in the world, you were lucky enough to be born into a country where not only can you decide to do what you want, but what school you want to learn it at. You live in a country where you can sit here online and make comments about your government like this without getting murdered or arrested. You won the fucking lottery being born here on American Soil and now you want to sit here and say how its doomed to failure, which of course is your right to do. I couldn't imagine going through life thinking that way, what a pitiful existence.
    Rabble Rabble Rabble


  14. #74
    is on druggs Jerome Scuggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    loUiSiAna
    Posts
    12,920
    I agree. Disbanding the military is a bad argument. Just because something is run by the government doesn't make ot inherently bad and worth getting rid of. There's nuance here.

    Chuck Yeager was also a general who oversaw the logistics of military transport during the Cold War. He has experience overseeing ATC operations involving massive amounts of people and hardware. He's toured ATC ops around the world. Sorry, but the dude is one of the most informed people on the subject and regardless of theoretical nonsense he understands that sometimes, markets just don't work.

    Speaking of not working, I like how you explain the housing crisis as "loans were given to people who shouldn't have received them" as if this is going to make me have faith in the free market lenders who thought this was a good idea
    The Phase > what version of ssc are you guys running?
    Criminal> idk whatever was on the first google result for "piece of shit spaceship game from 96 free download"


    Quote Originally Posted by Leland View Post
    lol lo l oo lo l ol olol o lo l ol o lo l o


    420 420 420

    123

  15. #75
    is on druggs Jerome Scuggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    loUiSiAna
    Posts
    12,920
    And seriously please explain to me why you think our healthcare market is socialist. like define socialism and then explain our healthcare market to fit that definition I am genuinely interested how you think that our market could even remotely be considered socialist
    Last edited by Jerome Scuggs; 10-12-2017 at 08:03 PM.
    The Phase > what version of ssc are you guys running?
    Criminal> idk whatever was on the first google result for "piece of shit spaceship game from 96 free download"


    Quote Originally Posted by Leland View Post
    lol lo l oo lo l ol olol o lo l ol o lo l o


    420 420 420

    123

  16. #76
    Reality kthx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    10,142
    I don't, but forcing people to buy healthcare while forcing companies to provide coverage for existing conditions forces them to charge more to current members to pay for the extra costs, this collapses the markets by making the costs too high for people to pay for. After that happens the government has to swoop in to save the day. That was what Obamacare was attempting to do, and would have finished doing under Hillary. Look at the prices on the markets before the election.

    The housing bubble was caused by the government forcing these lenders to give subprime mortgage loans to people who they knew had no ability to pay off the mortgage, people making 60k a year getting loans for 300,000 dollars houses and people working at mcdonalds getting loans for 200k houses was bound to fail. It was passed because they were trying to appease minorities who thought it was unfair that they couldn't have the "american dream" and it failed spectacularly. Hence the crazy bailouts that happened (which was bullshit) to restore these sectors. After that banks sold them bad mortgages bundled together which was paid for by tax payers. It is absolutely socialism to give people who didn't earn it shit they can't afford because everyone deserves everything.
    Rabble Rabble Rabble


  17. #77
    is on druggs Jerome Scuggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    loUiSiAna
    Posts
    12,920
    Quote Originally Posted by kthx View Post
    I don't, but forcing people to buy healthcare while forcing companies to provide coverage for existing conditions forces them to charge more to current members to pay for the extra costs, this collapses the markets by making the costs too high for people to pay for. After that happens the government has to swoop in to save the day. That was what Obamacare was attempting to do, and would have finished doing under Hillary. Look at the prices on the markets before the election.
    Whats funny about this is the insurance companies let it happen because they literally dont give a shit about anything but the sweet, sweet money they made while fucking us all over. In fact, these regulations were written with the help of insurance lobbyists. You act like it's some secret socialist plot but look at who has their fingerprints over the ACA. You'll find that it's the very people you're defending.

    The housing bubble was caused by the government forcing these lenders to give subprime mortgage loans to people who they knew had no ability to pay off the mortgage, people making 60k a year getting loans for 300,000 dollars houses and people working at mcdonalds getting loans for 200k houses was bound to fail. It was passed because they were trying to appease minorities who thought it was unfair that they couldn't have the "american dream" and it failed spectacularly. Hence the crazy bailouts that happened (which was bullshit) to restore these sectors. After that banks sold them bad mortgages bundled together which was paid for by tax payers.
    Once again. Perhaps if you looked at who is lobbying the government to "force" banks to make billions off these sketch loans, you'll find its the same people who then "forced" the government to bail these banks out. Weird how the evil socialists seem to be rly, rly concerned with the banks' bottom line, seems very socialist to me!

    It is absolutely socialism to give people who didn't earn it shit they can't afford because everyone deserves everything.
    Cancel your insurance. Do it now you freeloading leech. Instead of paying your insurance bill, go throw that monthly premium into a savings account. If and when you need medical care, use the money you have saved in the bank. Is it enough? It better be. Otherwise someone who makes more than you is subsidizing your sorry, broke ass. And I know you're against other people paying for you, so once again: cancel. your. insurance.
    The Phase > what version of ssc are you guys running?
    Criminal> idk whatever was on the first google result for "piece of shit spaceship game from 96 free download"


    Quote Originally Posted by Leland View Post
    lol lo l oo lo l ol olol o lo l ol o lo l o


    420 420 420

    123

  18. #78
    Reality kthx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    10,142
    You are just tossing shit at the window now, its frankly embarrassing.

    Tell me what system of government should replace ours. Also would you move to Venezuela right now?
    Rabble Rabble Rabble


  19. #79
    ` Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,263
    Did quicksand ever win twld though? Kthx, you're getting closer to 10,000 every day
    Quote Originally Posted by jerome
    can we stop and wonder in amazement at the fact that we play a VIDEO GAME that has "generations"???

  20. #80
    Reality kthx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    10,142
    I know man, I am going to get there eventually, and no we didn't but finals back then were better than any twld match in the last 6 years anyways so.
    Rabble Rabble Rabble


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •