SSCU Trench Wars on Facebook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSCU Trench Wars on Facebook

Head over to the Facebook page and give it a Like if you want to see content in your news feed.

I'll be posting news that fits into the following categories:
    • TSL & TWDT general announcements (content discovered from forum threads created by league ops)
    • TSL & TWDT upcoming schedules
    • TSL & TWDT standings (every Monday morning)
    • General zone news (weekend events, pub flavors, and anything else)

There will also be a big push with a paid advertising campaign on FB as we approach the Steam 2.0 launch so get on board, give a Like every so often to support activity.

https://www.facebook.com/SSTrenchWars
    Best> Para is the only guy i know who can put a quarter up his nostrils lol

I'll probably experiment with some paid advertising this week and see if it helps prompt a few more to signup to TWDT.

Any feedback, ideas, suggestions always appreciated.

Oh and if you don't want to miss a post be sure to choose See first from the following options.

Click image for larger version

Name:	wPpMiG3.png
Views:	1
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	1282228
    Last edited by Wirah; 10-17-2017, 06:22 AM.

Comment

Ffff
      TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Look, I know I mostly post troll shit but this is fucking idiotic. Facebook is something that old people use to look at pictures of other old people. Why not advertise on BETTER social media options for people who would play this game. Whatsapp, snapchat, etc so you can get poor college students who have laptops and can't afford to the hardware or the pricetag of the newer high video card requirement games. Come on man.. you gotta do better than this shit.
        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

https://imgur.com/a/g9wo6
          Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

I mean, by advertising on facebook you are basically promoting this game to the same people who grew up and currently don't have time for this game, you need to promote the game to different crowds, slightly older or younger people. It might do better to find some nerdier shit to advertise on to be honest. Find some anime/manga sites or throwback gaming ROM sites etc, I have said this in the past and still think this is the right way to advertise. Facebook is so fucking bad do you think anyone will notice a shitty continuum ad in between the 10x CLICK SHITTY GAME LINK TO HELP RETARDED PERSON GET MORE LIVES IN SHITTY GAME advertisements?
            Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
              I mean, by advertising on facebook you are basically promoting this game to the same people who grew up and currently don't have time for this game, you need to promote the game to different crowds, slightly older or younger people. It might do better to find some nerdier shit to advertise on to be honest. Find some anime/manga sites or throwback gaming ROM sites etc, I have said this in the past and still think this is the right way to advertise. Facebook is so fucking bad do you think anyone will notice a shitty continuum ad in between the 10x CLICK SHITTY GAME LINK TO HELP RETARDED PERSON GET MORE LIVES IN SHITTY GAME advertisements?
              Cool feedback. Appreciated.

I guess the intention behind the Facebook page is not to attract new users - it is to keep the existing players somewhat engaged with zone news. I've always been amazed that we've never taken player info seriously (collecting email addresses for newsletters, following on social). It's not too much of a surprise that population drops when it's so easy for existing players to drop off and never hear from us again. There is no attempt to reactivate people who disappear because most of the time we don't have their email and they aren't following.

Unfortunately the billing registration data is out of bounds for me, and it's likely to be outdated as most players probably registered with childhood email addresses like supersaiyankid@hotmail.com 15+ years ago. I do wish we could get this data for new players though and automatically add them to our mailing list.

So, the first initiative is to gather the existing folks onto the mailing list and get the current players (probably all old Facebook fogies who played since 2000) seeing some zone news in the news feed, showing that there is activity.

As for new players, I agree that FB ads are pretty bad. It may prove to be a waste of $ and get a bunch of clicks but not many installs. I suppose it makes sense to link the ads to the Steam landing page and even with accurate-ish demographic targets there's no guarantee that the candidate even has Steam installed. Ideally I'd like to advertise directly inside Steam (if that is a thing). That seems like the most efficient way to to cough up some cash, get some eyeballs on the game's landing page (inside Steam) and hopefully an install with a click or two.

Steam 2.0 also acts as a free injection of new players and providing we onboard them well with a fresh tutorial that doesn't overwhelm them - things should look good.

I did experiment with Instagram and Snapchat in the past but had difficulty building the audience. Only 17 people followed on Instagram, but we really only mentioned it on the entry graphic above radar for a few seconds as a player enters the zone.

Definitely open to trying new things.
              Last edited by Wirah; 10-17-2017, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Honestly I think the best choice at this point would to be to try to work out some deals with some middle-level youtube gamers and see if they would be willing to play this game for 30 minutes on a stream one day. I don't think that it would cost too much money to convince them, especially up and coming people. Maybe try to find some streamers who play niche type genres or do walkthroughs from older games.
                Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

And if you are going to go the steam route, I would check out the steam curators over going through steam itself. Message a few of them and see if they would be willing to check out the game and give it a thumbs up if they enjoyed it. That would be a much cheaper option and would probably get more play than just doing a steam ad which I doubt we can afford anyways.
                  Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

http://store.steampowered.com/curato...ow-Spec-Games/
                    http://store.steampowered.com/curato.../?appid=360480
                    http://store.steampowered.com/curato...ec/?appid=7620

These are steam curators who is devoted to low spec games.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Twitch/

Might be a good place to find some low level streamers who would probably do this for free just for some likes from our community.

https://go.twitch.tv/directory/game/Retro

A retro game category for twitch streamers, might be easy to find one of them to check this out.
                    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

If I remember correctly the server costs were coming out of the donation fund currently, so finding a bunch of players by paying for ads but then running out of money to host the servers would end up killing us also, I think going the more lines of attack and less money approach would be better. Not to mention I think the type of people looking for these types of streamers or groups would be more likely to stick with this game after first logging in.
                      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
                        Honestly I think the best choice at this point would to be to try to work out some deals with some middle-level youtube gamers and see if they would be willing to play this game for 30 minutes on a stream one day. I don't think that it would cost too much money to convince them, especially up and coming people. Maybe try to find some streamers who play niche type genres or do walkthroughs from older games.
                        yeah honestly something simple like this would yield the best results. I know I personally tune into a few youtube gamers for walkthroughs and game reviews.
                        1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
                          yeah honestly something simple like this would yield the best results. I know I personally tune into a few youtube gamers for walkthroughs and game reviews.
                          Yeah, my son is 7 and even he watches a few streamers already, and you are I am assuming around 30 and do the same, its a broader market and a cheaper option if you do it well.
                          Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

twitch is also another avenue for streaming this game. i mean it doesn't look that appealing as a viewer to watch but loyal subscribing fans would at least give it a shot.

anyways...this idea was already proposed to staff by the community and if the steam launch happened 3 years after it was proposed...this will be implemented after the game dies.
                            1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

why is this K guy the only one who talks sense in this place? I take it he's not staff?
                              3:kyler> who r u btw i keep wanting to ask people "who is 45th pres" but someone gonna say "trump"
                              3:45th President> do it
                              kyler> who is 45th President
                              nah> donald j trump

Downfall> Shoutout to forwards for randomly giving gunsmith results that made no sense and just made things harder

Jacklyn> holster is the thing that holds/carry the gun

Comment

Working...
                              X