Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just chiming in to say I unfortunately don't have the pw to my main username Logain anymore. For those who don't remember me my main achievements is mvping go base as spider alot and co-founding sweet with my main men jones and vt. I'm rusty as fuck but I can defo hold my own in spider/shark. Don't bet on me for wb/jav for now though. If someone drafts me by accident I will try to show. Cheers fuckers

Ps. All hail apt

Pps. Riverside is a newb

Comment

• sorry, but could I request you to remove that tinfoil hat off your head? these wild conspiracy theories are severely affecting your ability to reason with others, and this is far from the first time.

however it does seem like I do have to clear my name for the sake of integrity with cold hard facts.

regarding your first point about my show rates, I informed every captain in public multiple times about my potential show rates in the coming season and we are only one week into the season. there is no logical argument that can be made against me regarding my activity, and thus I condemn your false accusations and theories. the real life equivalent to this would be offering a contract to a player in football with a history of being extremely injury prone, but because he played one match perfectly fine—surely he will never get injured this season.

the bottom line is that you do not have access to my calendar and you do not know me in person. I can already say for a fact that I will not be able to show for the next three weeks for the 3 PM EST time slot, and that there is a fairly good chance that I might outright miss at least one full week. this is information I told every player and captain in public and still holds true to this day.

Ixador
      inquired me in team chat, which you can verify from your chat logs, asking for additional information regarding my activity rate where I once again repeated the same information I had already told the other captains. I will not make it to the 3 PM EST time slot—which is now starting to happen on a regular basis—and that I will potentially miss some weeks which may even include playoffs in worst case scenario. I simply can not guarantee to anyone that I can show to every match because it would have been a blatant lie.

I have already proven in the past that I am willing to play with anyone and on any team, and that is something that will never change. I do not have severe personality issues unlike some others who outright refuse to play unless they are picked by their best friends. I have absolutely no reason to lie about this matter.

now regarding your point about infrared, where you wildly have accused me of lying (yet again) about him and his show rates. I asked for his show rates and he pretty much said that it would be very unlikely that he would show even for me, and he does not enjoy the game at all anymore. it took a lot of convincing and outright begging to get him to show to one match, and I only did this because our team only had four people online at that time and desperately needed to find one more player to strengthen our current lineup. he had time for one match and had to go immediately after it ended. dreamwin had an auto message set up stating that he would likely not be able to show for the javelin time slots, but luckily he showed up at the last minute. could make some time to play.

I never told any captain that he would not show to games, in fact the only place I even spoke about him was in a private chat which had no captains aside from you, and I made a statement that he would not show to any games and felt bad for the captain that would draft him to his team.

.. which means you are partly correct about him. it would have been extremely unlikely that other captains would even get him to show to play a game or two because he is not an active player, and does not care at all about this game. it would not be an exaggeration to state that he will not show to a single match.

nevertheless he showed up for one match as a favor despite being busy, all while being largely overrated in terms of rating vs current ability, and had no impact on the game.

Trasher had asked for his show rates as well, and opted to not draft him into his team.

I am an internet troll, and I definitely have my flaws, but I still act professionally and with respect when it is necessary.
      Last edited by Turban; 10-31-2017, 04:21 AM.

Comment

• This thread and TW has now sunk to the level of American politics.

Eph

Comment

• https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcis...ll_differences
          You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• I was going to reply to all of this with something sensible, but it's actually become too mentally draining to even bother due to the immaturity of what is currently going on - this has basically become a sorority house. All those involved need to take a long hard look at themselves in the mirror.

Also - I don't care who runs TWDT anymore, but Henry stating you're a great leader and trying to state reasons of what makes you a great leader and putting down the 'opposition' is just hilarious; ironically no great leader would actually do this.
            Last edited by Ricko; 10-31-2017, 06:27 AM.
            TWL-J Season 11 Champion
            TWL-J Season 21 Champion
            TWL-B Season 21 Champion
            TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
            TWDT-D 2017 Champion
            TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

• I do not care who is running the leagues as long as they do a proper job and act impartial. However when someone is negatively affecting the leagues and jeopardizing its health—in this case, there are few culprits (with myself included to a certain degree, but I digress)—that is where I draw the line and speak up. I am still hopeful that we can come up with a compromise which pleases all the involved parties assuming all can act as rational adults.

I would like to formally apologize for the fact that I did not notice such written rule as it would never have crossed my mind that someone would come up with such a ridiculous rule. It is basically the equivalent of banning paying customers from ever returning to the store whenever someone returns a bought item. I can see why the rule is added as I have also had my fair share of village idiots harassing me when running leagues, but I do feel like it .. uh, just belongs to the job and is something you will have to live with.

Thus my advice to the current league operator is to use common sense and simply let everyone play, especially when considering the current state of the game, and to not prematurely ban someone from competition for the sake of vengeance. This simple action would please the players who are currently unhappy with the situation, and we can finally move on with our lives. Swallow your pride and you should see a positive reaction from the community.

And to give another word of advice which you should take with a pinch of salt as you seem hate me with burning passion, please try not to claim that running a league is hard work. It can bevery time consuming and difficult to get it started from scratch, but once the system and rules are set in place it is rather easy to manage any league in this game. It definitely is an inconvenience to remove and add players from a spreadsheet, but please label such mundane tasks as hard work. You have basically had everything planned out for the past couple seasons, barring any minor changes and quality-of-life improvements happening over time, and I daresay running a league at this point is very easy for you unless suddenly creating schedules and updating standings is considered hard work.

I do agree that creating community content is very hard work and extremely time consuming when it is done correctly, and you have done an excellent job in the past (and hopefully in the future) to spice up the leagues for us peasants with your articles and statistical analysis. However being a content creator is not the same as being a league operator and should be treated as two different things even in a volunteer community such as ours.

.. and in case anyone was curious, I was never asked to review the player ratings in person. I saw my name in a thread and was never privately contacted to help with the ratings, and was never provided with an individual spreadsheet to help with the rating work. They are what they are, and we will have to live with it. I could have stepped up and volunteered to take a look, but I though everything was under control given how no one contacted me in the first place.

Nonetheless I am still willing to help with the leagues no matter who is running the show, even if its minor things such as updating standings, creating simplistic player statistics, or similar tasks. As a matter of fact I am currently one of many helping Heaven to rate players in the free agency to ensure players get as accurate ratings as possible.

Try to enjoy the game more. It is still really fun when you don't give a fuck about minor issues.

Comment

• also sorry if that message comes out as condescending for some of you. it's a cultural issue more so than anything else.

Comment

• The sensible option to me is for there to be a collective in this e.g. Ogron running content/stats, Henry sorting out hosting/staff duties with a mix of Turban and other people involved in making all key decisions.

We need a democracy, not a dictatorship.
                  TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                  TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                  TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                  TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                  TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                  TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

• Well said turban, I'd like to apologize for derailing this thread at times due to me getting extremely annoyed at how ogron has responded/played the victim.

I am very against any player being banned from a league for any reason other than cheating. I was very very against ogron banning thix in 2015 for competition reasons as he was essentially banning his main competition in terr. I should have been more vocal at the time about it with staff and on forums. That being said all players should be allowed to play regardless of their personal feelings for said player. I know the majority of trench wars is in agreement on this and we need to set a precedent for this before we have more cases like thix in 2015.
                    Last edited by zidane; 10-31-2017, 08:40 AM.

Comment

• yeah, in all seriousness why has skyforger still not been added to the FA list?
                      TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                      TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                      TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                      TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                      TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                      TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by Trasher View Post
                        I would like to nominate porkjet to take over.

As an esteemed member of the community, his skills in spaceship diplomacy will surely come useful in managing the league and the various eccentric and volatile personalities involved with it.

As his second in command I would nominate turban, for his valuable experience and for selflessly volunteering earlier in the thread.

Ogron will continue making graphics and hot or nots, while SkyForger will handle the audiovisual side of entertainment.

Henry Saari and Major Crisis will go get a drink and a smoke together, settle their differences, and start hosting TSL side by side like brothers. Jessup and Kess will join them later in the evening, and after one drink too many, confess their profound love for eachother.

Cres will be made forum moderator and granted the honorary title of Supreme Troll Master of SubSpace.

Zidane, Skullspace and Hellrazor will handle the marketing of SubSpace Continuum (enhanced Steam edition) and undoubtedly bring many nostalgia hungry hipsters in, reviving the game's dwindling playerbase.

Now let us set aside our differences and work towards a common goal, and usher in a golden age for this ancient relic of a game that we still inhabit.
                        When I see this bunch of fuckin assholes who explain to us that they are intelligent and we are idiots, I wonder if I'm not in a psychiatric hospital. Only YOU Trasher try to improve the situation without insulting anyone or throwing flowers at yourself. Every time you speak is full of wisdom. I am very far from being an example, and i'm nobody in this game, but I give you my vote with closed eyes.

That said, thank you Ogron for dedicating your life to this game, you may have raged against me and wanted to banish me for my poor level, even a fucking newb can see that without you people would have let the game die by itself.

(I know how to bring a lot of newbs, in my country this game is totally unknown, and I know how to make it popular quickly and without much work, but you can all go fuck yourself)

Comment

• Turban, please stop writing essays about how you think you didn’t do anything wrong. You influenced the draft and nothing you can say will change that. No offense, but even without wb, you are worth more playing in dtj/dtb than ricko, and he chose to go with ricko because you sounded flakey. Just because you bold things and go on and on doesn’t make you right and the more you talk the more you look guilty.
                          This is not the community speaking btw, this is Jessup(forums troll), skyforger (forum troll), vys (power struggling, personal vendetta?), Zidane (who is in a fued with ogron), henry saari (who does not like ogron), and now turban (pleading his innocence), and obviously ogron. You do not speak for us, you just post and post and post and post and post and think people give 2 fucks about what you have to say. People who have posted outside of this circle fuck of people have told you all to stfu, but no one listens. For the love of god, please stop posting about this and handle it outside of forums and quit wasting our fucking time. You are doing nothing but making people not want to be involved with twdt because you have turned into this heaping pile of shit argument. It’s obvious no one’s going to step up, apologize in public, and move on, which is what everyone in this group is seeking. What do you guys needs to stop this? A mass exodus of twdt? I can help facilitate that if need be, or you can all stop whining on the FA thread and grow the fuck up.
                          Add skyforger to FA and move on, and I swear to god if skyforger continues this pile of shit argument I will pick him in FA and bench him for the season. I could also trade for Jessup and do the same and I feel I would have full support from everyone else in TW. Drop this shit please, for all our sanity and twdt to move on.
                          1:waven> u challenge
                          1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
                          Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tiny View Post
                            No offense, but even without wb, you are worth more playing in dtj/dtb than ricko
                            Offense taken.
                            TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                            TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                            TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                            TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                            TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                            TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

• Sorry, but the thought of me "speaking for the community" has never even crossed my mind. I have not been in such a position for years now which is something I have come to appreciate over time. However I am still a part of this community and have every right in the world to voice my opinion.

As for your first point I simply defended my position as a player who was being falsely accused out in the public. I will stand my ground whenever it is necessary and will bite back, and refuse to back off when being attacked out of nowhere even when at times it might seem childish and harmful to the game. It is a normal emotional reaction.

You are without a doubt correct that my activity did influence the draft, there's no denying that fact. Ixador still had every right in the world to still pick me and take the gamble with me potentially not showing some weeks or worst case in the playoffs. I even told Trasher the same story when he asked for my activity levels in a private chat. I am actively hunting for a new apartment and have few weekends where I might not make it home until very late thus worst case scenario missing an entire week.

Anyway, don't want to stray away from the topic too much. Ogron was perfectly fine and I have no complaints regarding his professionalism on the day of the draft. My only complaint was due to a communication error between him and Heaven which almost made me waste time on a Sunday evening which I would have much rather spent doing something else, and that put me in a pretty bad mood.

.. not to say it still wasn't a waste because making extra time for this game is never worth it, but hopefully that clears something up.
                              Last edited by Turban; 10-31-2017, 11:41 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tiny View Post
                                I swear to god if skyforger continues this pile of shit argument I will pick him in FA and bench him for the season.
                                You didn't read the whole thread, did you? Guess, can't blame you. All I did was post:

Originally posted by skyforger View Post
                                In.

Could be quite bad show rate though.
                                Other community members on here started to wonder as days passed and gossip was spreading in game that I am banned for creating video content on TSL. Only natural I would eventually be tempted to participate in discussion here that pertains to me and moderators being removed from their powers because of this farce, that did not need to happen at all. This is a Trench Wars league not a private one with face control.

At the very least, the previous league OP could have been consistent with his own nsanely specific, predictive rule on the books© and create a thread for this ban. This would reduce the gossips and possibly wouldn't have exploded so big.

Although I'm rooting for Grim Dawn, being carried to a pixel prize on your team or Ogron's if he hasn't slit it, sounds great.
                                Last edited by skyforger; 10-31-2017, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X