This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kentaro View Post
    Did he maybe overstep to get back at you guys? Probably.

Did your actions/harassment provoke said treatment? Yes.

Ya'll are obsessed.
    Not going to argue those blanket statements, since it is not at all what matters.

Fact is the TW in TWDT stands for Trench Wars not Little Princes' Playground. As such all players regardless of whether they are league OPs mother's lovers or tend to run in games should enjoy equal treatment. Assholes and cunts included. If you don't see rule bending for winning and fun, using entrusted power to resolve personal grudges then I don't know what to tell you.

Comment

• <------------------- Refer to Avatar
      1:waven> u challenge
      1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
      Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

• Drama aside.. I request the FA picks have their ratings placed next to their names ASAP please..

Caps deserve to be able to see their ratings listed immediately!!!
        TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
        TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
        TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
        TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
        TSLD CHAMPION 2018
        TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

• Well, this is an interesting turn of events.

From my point of view as a staff member with almost 20 years of experience, I believe that we are at a certain point here. That point seems to be that the current league head no longer has full support of the community. This same league head was responsible for having his only competition removed with a petty ultimatum to remove his opposition from TWDT with false accusations of taking over TWDT by hosting a game of TSL. I admit I hosted TSL, however the league head is responsible for letting the hosts know in case rules have been changed and that never happened. The reason is simple, Ogron is not staff member nor does he communicate with staff members other than with insults and lacking all sensible manners.

Previous season of TWDT was fine from my point of view. The reasons behind Ogron dissing previous TWDT lie within the decisions that I made during the first week when he lost a base game due to few players lagging out and then later on making demands to replay every game only for few players lagging. I denied that and now we have Ogron holding great grudge on me for reasons which seem very stupid or irrelevant for a league to be succesful one. Me and vys wanted to test if players wanted anything new by adding an extra week to TWDT with other kinds of games, however as soon as the community reacted that it does not fit them, it was removed. Forcing an issue, whatever it may be is not up to the league head to decide. I can't make any of you dance salsa if you want tango.

Didn't we have a succesful league without drama or additional bans for personal hatred towards one another? Didn't we all, even Ogron, enjoy the league (yeah Ogron got his fancy TWDTB ring..).

I believe that leagues should be providing fun for all the players in an enjoyable atmosphere. The league head needs to be neutral, thoughtful and focus on the right things. With Ogron we have all seen that this is not always the case. While I agree once again that Ogron is fantastic when it comes to content creation and making entertaiment for the league. However as a league coordinator, he has burned too many bridges to continue and last thing we need now is another ultimatum or removal of content over some childish issue such as banning or not banning skyforger from a league for personal reasons.

I just had a moment when I cracked, I can't say I wouldn't be emotional when it comes to my player personality. However this hardly means I will be looking for ways to punish anybody who just made me mad, I rather apologized to both of them immediately afterwards for noticing that I've acted poorly. That is along the qualities of a good league head, he acknowledges when he is wrong and knows to fix the situation in a way that is best for everybody. We are all individuals and have some great and few terrible ones here but we are all here for one thing and one thing only: to enjoy our time in this game.

We could live with less of drama, you could pick me. While I can't calculate anything nor do fancy excels, my qualities as a thoughtful, yet decisive decision maker are far better than Ogron's are. I am willing to contribute the time I have for TWDT as I was willing to work with Ogron even though he was only offering rage, insults and false accusations. Notice, I hold no grudge over this man even though I have every reason to. This post is entirely based on qualities that a good leader vs bad leader has and although this sounds selfish, I come on top of that list in comparison to Ogron.

We can continue discussing entertaiment values vs leader qualities but in this case those two don't match and an action is required.

This is also a great opportunity for the man providing entertaiment to learn a thing or two about real leader qualities that he unfortunately is lacking.

Comment

• Henry will make a great League OP. He knows the ropes and can run things as seen from his Dean of Staff duties.

+1000
            Last edited by skyforger; 10-30-2017, 02:47 PM.

Comment

• Henry would get my vote.
              When is the FA draft? Considering signing up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steep View Post
                Henry would get my vote.
                When is the FA draft? Considering signing up.
                sometime this sunday. we are currently working on having the FA ratings up by tomorrow hopefully.
                3:BOMBED> got donuts
                3:BOMBED> how jealous
                3:Heaven> how american
                3:BOMBED> ??????????
                3:BOMBED> wtf u suppose to get
                3:BOMBED> they didnt have any fried goat

Comment

• Originally posted by Henry Saari View Post
                  Well, this is an interesting turn of events.

From my point of view as a staff member with almost 20 years of experience, I believe that we are at a certain point here. That point seems to be that the current league head no longer has full support of the community. This same league head was responsible for having his only competition removed with a petty ultimatum to remove his opposition from TWDT with false accusations of taking over TWDT by hosting a game of TSL. I admit I hosted TSL, however the league head is responsible for letting the hosts know in case rules have been changed and that never happened. The reason is simple, Ogron is not staff member nor does he communicate with staff members other than with insults and lacking all sensible manners.

Previous season of TWDT was fine from my point of view. The reasons behind Ogron dissing previous TWDT lie within the decisions that I made during the first week when he lost a base game due to few players lagging out and then later on making demands to replay every game only for few players lagging. I denied that and now we have Ogron holding great grudge on me for reasons which seem very stupid or irrelevant for a league to be succesful one. Me and vys wanted to test if players wanted anything new by adding an extra week to TWDT with other kinds of games, however as soon as the community reacted that it does not fit them, it was removed. Forcing an issue, whatever it may be is not up to the league head to decide. I can't make any of you dance salsa if you want tango.

Didn't we have a succesful league without drama or additional bans for personal hatred towards one another? Didn't we all, even Ogron, enjoy the league (yeah Ogron got his fancy TWDTB ring..).

I believe that leagues should be providing fun for all the players in an enjoyable atmosphere. The league head needs to be neutral, thoughtful and focus on the right things. With Ogron we have all seen that this is not always the case. While I agree once again that Ogron is fantastic when it comes to content creation and making entertaiment for the league. However as a league coordinator, he has burned too many bridges to continue and last thing we need now is another ultimatum or removal of content over some childish issue such as banning or not banning skyforger from a league for personal reasons.

I just had a moment when I cracked, I can't say I wouldn't be emotional when it comes to my player personality. However this hardly means I will be looking for ways to punish anybody who just made me mad, I rather apologized to both of them immediately afterwards for noticing that I've acted poorly. That is along the qualities of a good league head, he acknowledges when he is wrong and knows to fix the situation in a way that is best for everybody. We are all individuals and have some great and few terrible ones here but we are all here for one thing and one thing only: to enjoy our time in this game.

We could live with less of drama, you could pick me. While I can't calculate anything nor do fancy excels, my qualities as a thoughtful, yet decisive decision maker are far better than Ogron's are. I am willing to contribute the time I have for TWDT as I was willing to work with Ogron even though he was only offering rage, insults and false accusations. Notice, I hold no grudge over this man even though I have every reason to. This post is entirely based on qualities that a good leader vs bad leader has and although this sounds selfish, I come on top of that list in comparison to Ogron.

We can continue discussing entertaiment values vs leader qualities but in this case those two don't match and an action is required.

This is also a great opportunity for the man providing entertaiment to learn a thing or two about real leader qualities that he unfortunately is lacking.
                  What a joke, why do you describe yourself as a good leader? I cannot understand. You are not even able to be a good host, when people asked you why you did not replace Maito-Chi with me during a game of TSL, you did not even answer, you continued playing as if nothing had happened. I have an opportunity to enter the field, but no it's Henry the host, so I'm going to fuck myself. According to Ease that day, you're so desperate that you'd rather play a 5v4 than do your host job, in any case you did not even deign to answer. So are we talking about replacing an asshole with another asshole? Ogron took over the league when you declared dead due to lack of players, now there is nothing to do except play you would regain control? VETO :kiss:

Comment

Well, this is an interesting turn of events.

Well written Henry, thank you. You brought up a lot of valid points though I am sure Ogron won't like what you have to say. Either way, I value your commitment to the game and input on the subject. You have always been professional and upheld yourself for the community in a positive light. This is what this game needs, mature adults who can rationalize and come to reason seeking ways to desculate tensions rather than add to them. Ogron has done a lot for the community and for that I am thankful. I think we can all agree many times it could of been handled much better though. Anyways, again good write up. See you soon and look forward to fighting with you on Sunday!

Ogron, you and I go back a little bit from our time on Paladen together. I appreciate everything you have done for us over the years but at times I definitely felt you could of handled things in a more professional light considering your role within our community. I am not here to chose a side or attack you I do feel that Henry brigs up some valid points and that I think that maybe it would be best for you to step aside for a bit. Just take a breather, work with the community and more importantly, enjoy the game! I think you've been under a lot of pressure lately and at times been overwhelmed, lashing out at the community and representing the game you love negatively. I don't want you to leave or to quit, just maybe step back and admire the view for a change. There has been so much drama, while I know your not responsible for all of it or are the only one at fault (lot of us are), things could have been handled better and more professionally. I know you may end up hating me for this comment but it is sincere. I think you should just have fun, play twdt's/tsl's or any other league you cook up and not worry about policing, staging or running them. While Henry's message may come off as harsh at some moments, I do think a lot of his criticism is spot on. If you decide to stay league op, if anything take heed of some of them and work on ways to improve your representation of not only the zone but yourself. You have a lot of positive qualities that many aren't able to see because of poor represenation, you should focus on bringing those out. I know your not a bad guy and that you love this game dearly, take the time to make sure others know it too. Anyways take care.

PS: I wanted to trade for Bellflowers.

-IxaDor

Comment

• Originally posted by ronaldinho View Post
                      What a joke, why do you describe yourself as a good leader? I cannot understand. You are not even able to be a good host, when people asked you why you did not replace Maito-Chi with me during a game of TSL, you did not even answer, you continued playing as if nothing had happened. I have an opportunity to enter the field, but no it's Henry the host, so I'm going to fuck myself. According to Ease that day, you're so desperate that you'd rather play a 5v4 than do your host job, in any case you did not even deign to answer. So are we talking about replacing an asshole with another asshole? Ogron took over the league when you declared dead due to lack of players, now there is nothing to do except play you would regain control? VETO :kiss:
                      Originally posted by Henry Saari View Post
                      Instead of having a public roast on staff members, how about we try to look forward? I'm not about to participate this any more than asking this: Which ones of you were looking forward to playing TWDT? You still want to play? I think majority of players, including Ogron, want to. TWDT is one of a kind event and although we have our struggles we should focus on having fun.

I am not a content creator nor do I want to be. That's Ogron and TWDT is his "bitch". While we may have different views on several things, I think we both agree that this little ePenis waving contest we are having is hurting the players more than the parties involved.

Now we cut to the chase: Ogron how about we try again, you are as much needed in TWDT as staff is, neither of us can run the league by themselves. I need a content creator and help with organizing this, especially now that you decided to delete all the material there was for the league and you did it only 4 days before the actual draft. You can do that within couple days, I can do that within couple weeks.

Although you seem to think I have other agenda here, my agenda is very simple. Lets run TWDT together, you will do what you do best and I will ensure staff is organised as needed to make the league work. You need hosts, we need to organize that by ourselves and that will be my job most likely. Hosts may need training too, that falls under my work as well. You can't do these things.

Believe or not, I want a successful TWDT and to have fun. Working to get things done is not fun but eventually seeing activity and squads playing on Sundays is the reward we are looking for.

I think it is very unreasonable for Ogron to decide resigning and hurting the community that he wants to see active and playing. I hate that. You can hate me or any other staff member as much as you like. However if you want to continue helping the zone and ensuring that the community is alright, accept that you are not getting rid of me but instead get to work with me.. again. While you and I are entirely from a different world, we both have few things in common: Trench Wars, the players and enjoying our game as long as we have players and some good things left. We're not doing this for ourselves for personal gain, we are doing this for the players!

For all the trolls and hatred towards players or staff members, I think the community has something to learn. Stop acting like shit, learn some manners, grow up, that's very plain and simple.

Pardon me for very unprofessional language, trying to keep it simple.
                      In which part of this post I declared TWDT dead? That quoted post above is my only response given about the state of TWDT. For the second accusation, if you notice a host is playing and you have a lagout, private messaging the host or send ?help is more effective than thinking the host will notice. My apologies for that game, I was too busy going 5-10 in warbird to notice somebody had lagged out, neither did anybody say anything. As a bonus the player who lagged out was in my team so I literally owned myself by noticing that when all other players were out.
                      Last edited by Henry Saari; 10-30-2017, 04:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ixador View Post
                        I think we can all agree many times it could of been handled much better though.-IxaDor
                        Could have.
                        JAMAL> laggy no skill nebwie
                        JuanJuan> you a fucking lagass cheater
                        mAZe Of tOrM> try more faggot
                        mAZe Of tOrM> u suck dick

Shadowmere> Nice lag you fagf

Comment

In which part of this post I declared TWDT dead? That quoted post above is my only response given about the state of TWDT. For the second accusation, if you notice a host is playing and you have a lagout, private messaging the host or send ?help is more effective than thinking the host will notice.
                          Stop doing the stupid boy, you don't declared it on this post, you declared it when you were supposed to lead this league. I did not even know you were the host, I remind you that I'm a fucking newb, but then why did not you explain right after when people asked you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Trasher View Post
                            Could have.
                            LOL..

Oh yea. xD

Comment

• Lmao Henry saari... You are far from a good leader.

Day 1 I rejoined staff you are against me. About the first thing you said to me "Don't ever dare me again or I will axe you right away". You are so full of powers. And why you said this? Just because I asked your attention on a funny way, "Hey Henry, you are a smart guy, right?" I needed something staff matters, and all you saw was me insulting you. Which was far from it. But since that day you hate my nuts. You never asked what I really needed or anything. I wont even go in details about the rest.

And if you are such a good leader, how come you can't get anyone else to host TSL back in the day? It was always u, u, u, u and u at season one. And why was that again? Oh yea.. How many times did you abuse the sub system? Lots of times. I have seen you sub people out because they lagged (fair enough), but then you traded lets say ixador (no offense bro) for amnesti in javelin... Yea seems to be a fair trade to me. This did not just happens once, no it happened tons of times. I remember you subbing Fallen Haven out for Wystic Mystic (or however u spell it) and you were on the other team.. Yea seems to be a fair trade once again. Whenever you did do the subs, it always favoured YOUR team. As far as I know, this was one of the reasons why Ogron didnt want you to host TSL anymore. Yes, I agree Ogron has done some stupid stuff (as have I). But claiming you are such a good leader is bullshit. Didnt you kill some zone? Nice thing to have on your back...

And it's already funny that you claim that last season TWDT's was fine. We had one captain ragequitting after week 1. We had one captain almost ragequitting after week 2, this person even made a forum post about it.. I wouldnt call that a succesful league. With all the rage u have against Ogron, two seasons ago was MUCH better. This also because the captains were much more fair. If you look at this season it looks more fair as well, besides Ixador. But then we cant just blame Ogron for that, he has tried his best (also his worst with his attitude time by time).

It's also a joke that Ogron doesnt communicate with staff members. I have had tons of talks with Ogron. But then again we are big mates according to everyone here.. Yes, Ogron doesnt communicate with everyone on staff. But does he need to? You are the dean of staff, what does that have to do with Leagues anyway? Don't we have Heaven for it now? And didnt we have Markmrw for it before? See thats the issue with you, you need to have everything in control. The public players are as important as staffers, if not more important. You seem to think you are the most important piece in Trenchwars.
                              Major Crisis

Comment

• Originally posted by Major Crisis View Post

And if you are such a good leader, how come you can't get anyone else to host TSL back in the day? It was always u, u, u, u and u at season one. And why was that again? Oh yea.. How many times did you abuse the sub system? Lots of times. I have seen you sub people out because they lagged (fair enough), but then you traded lets say ixador (no offense bro) for amnesti in javelin... Yea seems to be a fair trade to me. This did not just happens once, no it happened tons of times. I remember you subbing Fallen Haven out for Wystic Mystic (or however u spell it) and you were on the other team.. Yea seems to be a fair trade once again. Whenever you did do the subs, it always favoured YOUR team. As far as I know, this was one of the reasons why Ogron didnt want you to host TSL anymore. Yes, I agree Ogron has done some stupid stuff (as have I). But claiming you are such a good leader is bullshit. Didnt you kill some zone? Nice thing to have on your back...
                                I have a little revelation to make, I chose to stop hosting TSL once free reign for Ogron happened. I chose to host 8 hours a day during first TSL and ruined my summer, simply because there weren't enough hosts and I felt I had to ensure TSL will run. My host powers have never been removed nor have I been told to stay away from anything Trench Wars related, if there were clear abuse they would be removed easily. For the first weeks of TSL I was naive to believe that subbing a player is better than playing man down. After a while it was clarified that man down is better than subbing in too strong sub. After that point subs were made purely based on what the bot said.
                                Last edited by Henry Saari; 10-30-2017, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X