Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 58

Thread: [IMPORTANT] Staff response required

  1. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    150
    Wait, are you claiming yah is inducing his lag on purpose? Proof?

    If not, follow the rules and if you see an imperfection - use proper mechanisms as a staffer to get them reworked.

  2. #22
    anime master Turban's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    4,852

    Post

    While you are technically correct about the fact that there are lag limits set in place to prevent players from playing with too high lag information, those limits have been purely set for the sake of automation to prevent players from manipulating and inducing lag to their advantage when no staff members are available to moderate the game. These limits were never meant to be blindly followed by anyone and likely need to be made slightly stricter again.

    When a player has severe lag issues—whether it is caused by abnormally high packet loss or visual spikes—and that lag has a negative impact on the game, and thus negatively affecting other players, then it is the responsibility of staff members to handle the case as swiftly as possible. You can not rely on the bots to handle everything for you, but rather you should use all the tools in your disposal to make the correct call.

  3. #23
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    150
    isn't yah automatically banned from any TSL that MC is hosting or thats a rumor?

  4. #24
    Registered User Jessup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,346
    Major <ER> is a complete liar , currupt and totally selfish.. here is proof...

    Major Cris> Qan too busy with protecting yeh to play OGron... Dont worry!
    (yeH)>qan msg'd me he said: he cant block u if u didnt reach lag limit
    C 7:TSLBot> 'yeh' blocked from next TSL game by Major <ER>
    C 7:TSLBot> 'yeh' unblocked from next TSL game by Henry Saari
    :Major <ER>> U r all a bunch of pubbers. Guy is fine to play in pub.
    1:Major <ER>> In competitive games he shouldnt play
    1:wicket666> im a smod
    C 1:Major <ER>> Still a pubber
    C 1:wicket666> and if limit is 300 you abused
    C 1:wicket666> dont let happen again
    C 1:wicket666> thank you
    1:Major <ER>> U have nothing to do with leagues, so cry me a river
    1:Heaven> whats the deal
    1:wicket666> follow rules thanks
    1:wicket666> can always bring it up to change lag limits for tsl
    eH> Heaven> if anyone bans you, let me or ogron know
    yeH> major is just mad and dont listen to any1 =/
    1:Heaven> 1. yeh is to not be banned anymore - he can play.
    1:Heaven> someone took it to ogron, he's allowed yeh to play, relayed it to me
    1:Heaven> someone asked why yeh wasn't allowed to play, ogron said he can so yeh is playing
    1:Heaven> however no one can remove a ban from staff side aside from me/beasty
    1:Major <ER>> Thats cuz Ogron compares him towards Iron.
    1:wicket666> there is offical lag rules correct?
    1:Jessup> he doesnt have that lag to me and the bot isn't speccing him so let the guy play geez
    1:wicket666> needs to have officallag limits for all to know
    C 1:Major <ER>> Fine I will just induce my lag whenever I play vs u or yeh
    1:wicket666> needs to have officallag limits for all to know
    C 1:Major <ER>> Fine I will just induce my lag whenever I play vs u or yeh
    1:9th!> Just because "You dont like it" doesnt mean he doesnt play.
    C 1:Major <ER>> Hurt his chances? The kid is #4 atm or something
    C 1:Major <ER>> Just because he eats 20 times a round
    1:Jessup> no he is a good player.. ever thought of that?
    C 1:Major <ER>> No he isnt

    This is the type infuriating nonsense we are dealing with concerning this fellow abuser Major <ER>

  5. #25
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    860
    Is it still proof if it is in text format? I thought it had to be screenshot?
    3:kyler> who r u btw i keep wanting to ask people "who is 45th pres" but someone gonna say "trump"
    3:45th President> do it
    kyler> who is 45th President
    nah> donald j trump

    Downfall> Shoutout to forwards for randomly giving gunsmith results that made no sense and just made things harder

    Jacklyn> holster is the thing that holds/carry the gun

  6. #26
    Registered User Jessup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,346
    ask the people involved.. this is how he has been warned NUMEROUS times and are my logs on the issue

  7. #27
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    860
    Why does some of the text appear to be missing and some of it appears to be repeated?
    3:kyler> who r u btw i keep wanting to ask people "who is 45th pres" but someone gonna say "trump"
    3:45th President> do it
    kyler> who is 45th President
    nah> donald j trump

    Downfall> Shoutout to forwards for randomly giving gunsmith results that made no sense and just made things harder

    Jacklyn> holster is the thing that holds/carry the gun

  8. #28
    Registered User Jessup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,346
    I had to select the pertinent text otherwise it would have filled pages.. I copied and pasted them and overlapped a few as I was in a rush playing tsl. Trust me it is what has been said to Major multiple times

  9. #29
    Major Crisis/Ownix Major Crisis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    656
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessup View Post
    ask the people involved.. this is how he has been warned NUMEROUS times and are my logs on the issue

    This has been weeks ago. They didnt even lagcheck or whatever.
    Nowadays Beasty, Heaven and Ogron all are fine with it. You are only defending him cuz you are buddies.
    If you look at this the way Turban does, you should agree that he should never play in competitive games. But then again, you cant look clear anymore if its about me or Ogron.
    Major Crisis

  10. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    150
    Wait, are you claiming yah is inducing his lag on purpose? Proof?
    Pls comment MC

  11. #31
    Registered User Jessup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,346
    More abuse being done right now by Major <ER>.....

    7:TSLBot> 'glyde' blocked from next TSL game by Major <ER>

    7:TSLBot> 'gass' blocked from next TSL game by Major <ER>

    1:Jessup> why was gass blocked by you Major?

    Gass> i get blocked
    Gass> for no reason

    Major Cris> No reason? All you do is shoot walls in ear..

    1:Jessup> major
    1:Jessup> u cant block people for no reason and he just did Again for 6th time

    1:Major <ER>> I had a reason for both u stupid tranny

    Claims he blocked gass because he shoots walls and why glyde i have no clue. This guy needs to be fired from staff now..............

  12. #32
    Major Crisis/Ownix Major Crisis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    656
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessup View Post
    More abuse being done right now by Major <ER>.....

    7:TSLBot> 'glyde' blocked from next TSL game by Major <ER>

    7:TSLBot> 'gass' blocked from next TSL game by Major <ER>

    1:Jessup> why was gass blocked by you Major?

    Gass> i get blocked
    Gass> for no reason

    Major Cris> No reason? All you do is shoot walls in ear..

    1:Jessup> major
    1:Jessup> u cant block people for no reason and he just did Again for 6th time

    1:Major <ER>> I had a reason for both u stupid tranny

    Claims he blocked gass because he shoots walls and why glyde i have no clue. This guy needs to be fired from staff now..............
    Keep on going. Gass is obviously trolling. He can do decent but is just floating half the time. He is ruining every base game he has played. Just like you ruin every jav game u play.
    Glyde was blocked cuz yet again he leaves without a word before the game finished. He was also trolling mid game with his mines.
    Major Crisis

  13. #33
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Crisis View Post
    Keep on going. Gass is obviously trolling. He can do decent but is just floating half the time. He is ruining every base game he has played. Just like you ruin every jav game u play.
    Glyde was blocked cuz yet again he leaves without a word before the game finished. He was also trolling mid game with his mines.
    Dont lie I didn't troll at all that game. I placed a mine in cram when we where getting pushed back by spiders to stop them and it worked. Then we broke cram. I did leave with 1 min left my bad. It's ok you abuse it's fine just settle down a bit ok.

  14. #34
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by Turban View Post
    While you are technically correct about the fact that there are lag limits set in place to prevent players from playing with too high lag information, those limits have been purely set for the sake of automation to prevent players from manipulating and inducing lag to their advantage when no staff members are available to moderate the game. These limits were never meant to be blindly followed by anyone and likely need to be made slightly stricter again.

    When a player has severe lag issues—whether it is caused by abnormally high packet loss or visual spikes—and that lag has a negative impact on the game, and thus negatively affecting other players, then it is the responsibility of staff members to handle the case as swiftly as possible. You can not rely on the bots to handle everything for you, but rather you should use all the tools in your disposal to make the correct call.
    According to this, in theory, the following is possible:

    I watch a player named turban having visual spikes and according to my screen he eats more than he should. Therefore I have enough evidence to block/ban this player based on that evidence (or the lack of any) simply because I have the power to do so. His lag statistics are always below the limits and he has obviously created this lag to cheat in game and created the lag in such manner that Matchbots or any automation finds no trace of this but I have used by best judgement by watching and playing with or against this player. Later on I will be facing forum threads of blocking a player which I can simply explain by noticing something that none of the other staff in the zone has, neither do I need to ban the player from the zone, simple league ban is enough. Although according to the rules of Trench Wars, any lag inducers are to face much heavier consequences (zone ban for x amount of time) than just being blocked out by certain hosts (mainly Major) from a amateur league that is supposed to be free for all.

    If this player is to be banned for lag cheating, then the league head should state so along with evidence. That evidence should be enough, if there really is any, to have more severe consequences on the player.

    There is much simpler solution than just abusing powers to ban whoever and whenever. Drop lag limits to 220ms maximum and 0.5 packetloss, this effectively removes about 10-20 players from our leagues, mainly aussies and other countries out there far away. We can cut down the amount of laggers and end up having less players. However then these actions are covered by rules of the zone/league rather than being based on host discretion or something else which raises questions more than solves them.

  15. #35
    anime master Turban's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    4,852
    I do not know what rules are used in these competitions, nor do I really care, but here is the rules we used in the past TWL seasons in regards to players with latency issues. In the end it comes down to using common sense which, much to my surprise, is something many seem to lack.

    For players such as Yeh he would fall under category 10.04 and would likely not be able to play in most games in TWL. However, TSL and TWDT are not as competitive and more laid-back, and have their own set of rules that may not be as specific as what we used in the past.

    Excessive lag is bad for the game no matter how you look at it—you essentially allow one player to ruin the experience for up to 15 other players.

    10. Player Conduct Rules


    During any TWL event, all Trench Wars and TWL Rules must be followed. Players and attendees must respect any and all Referees and League Operators. Failure to comply can result in a Player Warning or up to a Player Class 3 Offense.

    Deliberate attempts to disrupt game play, including harassment or excessive messaging, can result in a Player Warning or up to a Player Class 3 Offense. Proof of the harassment must be provided to the Referee or League Operators within 5 minutes of the completion of the match, by method of a screenshot. For further validity, the spammer must be reported to staff via ?cheater. Falsely reporting abuse can also result in a Player Warning or up to a Player Class 3 Offense.

    10.01 Multiple Squad Membership

    Assistant captains are considered players on the squad, and not as co-captains for purposes of cheating. Multiple squad membership, or double-squadding, is defined as one of the following cases:

    A player that is rostered on two different participating squads of Trench Wars League.
    A player that is rostered in a participating Trench Wars League squad and a different Trench Wars Division squad even if the squads play in different league divisions.
    A player that is rostered more than one time on the same Trench Wars League squad.
    A player that is rostered in a Trench Wars League squad using another player's name to play in a League Match.

    Instances of double-squadding will not be tolerated. If a player has someone else who uses their computer for TWL (i.e. a sibling), those players are expected to notify the Trench Wars League staff at least 5 days before participating in any League matches. Double-squadding is a Class 2 Player Offense and a Class 1 Team Offense.

    A captain can not share his name with a banned captain in order to bypass the banned captain rule so that he can accept, promote, demote, or axe the squad's members. This can be up to a Class 3 player offense and a Class 2 team offense.

    10.02 Cheating, Lag, and Bans

    Any Player found to be guilty of cheating to alter game play during a TWL match will result in up to a Class 3 Player Offense and Class 1B Team Offense.

    10.03 Deliberate Lag

    If a participating player is, in the view of the referee or TWL Op, excessively jittery, blinking in and out, or otherwise showing signs of lagging that might be the result of an attempt to cheat, the player will be immediately reported to the upper staff. If discovery by upper staff reveals that player deliberately induced lag, he/she can face up to a Class 3 Player Offense and Class 1 Team Offense.

    10.04 Uncontrollable Lag

    If a participating player's lag is, in the view of the referee or TWL Operator, creating an unfair advantage for his squad, and he is not suspected of cheating or manipulation of lag, then the player will be asked to reconnect or be substituted. If the player fails to comply within a reasonable amount of time, the referee or TWL Operator can lock the player in spec until they reconnect or are substituted. If a reconnect does not fix the player's lag, a referee or TWL Operator can tell him and/or his captain to substitute him. TWL lag limits will not be given out, to discourage people of lag cheating. Captains will be notified when a player is over the lag limits.

    10.05 Banfree's

    A player cannot be banfree'd in order to play TWL unless they have won an appeal from the BanG Op and the ban has been completely removed. No exceptions.
    Last edited by Turban; 10-27-2017 at 09:29 AM.

  16. #36
    who u Crescent Seal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,666
    Please address all lag related inquires to Turban our Lag Quality Assurance Officer.
    1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

    1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

    5:Eggboy32> easier is to pee in bucket and drop it on ur head and let it soak down

    Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

    Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

    Klean-X> because i am armenian
    wicket666> its american

  17. #37
    ` Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,228
    Quote Originally Posted by turban
    10. Player Conduct Rules

    During any TWL event, all Trench Wars and TWL Rules must be followed. Players and attendees must respect any and all Referees and League Operators. Failure to comply can result in a Player Warning or up to a Player Class 3 Offense.

    Deliberate attempts to disrupt game play, including harassment or excessive messaging, can result in a Player Warning or up to a Player Class 3 Offense. Proof of the harassment must be provided to the Referee or League Operators within 5 minutes of the completion of the match, by method of a screenshot. For further validity, the spammer must be reported to staff via ?cheater. Falsely reporting abuse can also result in a Player Warning or up to a Player Class 3 Offense.

    10.01 Multiple Squad Membership

    Assistant captains are considered players on the squad, and not as co-captains for purposes of cheating. Multiple squad membership, or double-squadding, is defined as one of the following cases:

    A player that is rostered on two different participating squads of Trench Wars League.
    A player that is rostered in a participating Trench Wars League squad and a different Trench Wars Division squad even if the squads play in different league divisions.
    A player that is rostered more than one time on the same Trench Wars League squad.
    A player that is rostered in a Trench Wars League squad using another player's name to play in a League Match.

    Instances of double-squadding will not be tolerated. If a player has someone else who uses their computer for TWL (i.e. a sibling), those players are expected to notify the Trench Wars League staff at least 5 days before participating in any League matches. Double-squadding is a Class 2 Player Offense and a Class 1 Team Offense.

    A captain can not share his name with a banned captain in order to bypass the banned captain rule so that he can accept, promote, demote, or axe the squad's members. This can be up to a Class 3 player offense and a Class 2 team offense.
    can I be ?squadjoined on different squads during different weeks in tsl?

    eg. week 1 my squad is Sweet. week 2 my squad is tsl champ WHILE i am using an alias in pub squadjoined to Sweet.
    Quote Originally Posted by jerome
    can we stop and wonder in amazement at the fact that we play a VIDEO GAME that has "generations"???

  18. #38
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    150
    According to the rules Turban posted, Major <ER> had to " immediately report to the upper staff"- like to our Dean of Staff or whoever highest is online, who would then decide further action. Nothing whatsoever in those rules supports the ER blocking a player by default if the ER thought he lagged in one/some games.
    Last edited by skyforger; 10-27-2017 at 12:06 PM.

  19. #39
    Major Crisis/Ownix Major Crisis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    656
    Quote Originally Posted by skyforger View Post
    According to the rules Turban posted, Major <ER> had to " immediately report to the upper staff"- like to our Dean of Staff or whoever highest is online, who would then decide further action. Nothing whatsoever in those rules supports the ER blocking a player by default if the ER thought he lagged in one/some games.

    This 'ER' you speak of has more staff experience than 95% of the current staffers.
    Major Crisis

  20. #40
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    150
    whats your point? ur above the rules like oggie now?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •