Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A quick look at TWDT-J

Preview
    Last edited by ogron; 11-26-2017, 03:20 AM.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
    Failure teaches success.

Digging this ABC breakdown. Thx for this

Comment

Nice. Agree about your choice for McVicar (vs. Glyde) for L&L's low star. McVic is actually pretty nifty in jav. Also like your inclusion of Jones in Terrorist's line. Think you overlooked Ra/Draft for our low star though, but I guess you were basing this partly on TSL activity.
      You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

interesting twist with the ABC stuff

someone should write up a base since wb/jav been done

Comment

Originally posted by zidane View Post
          interesting twist with the ABC stuff

someone should write up a base since wb/jav been done
          The man Kim really said Zizzo is aggressive....I’m fucking dead 😂😂😂
          Geio> Down to chill and play that
          Best> rather log off and attempt to suck my own d

Comment

Lmao........

it's ok it's just his opinion i like beign a balanced javelin!

Comment

Originally posted by zidane View Post
              Lmao........

it's ok it's just his opinion i like beign a balanced javelin!
              Word do we even get a schedule?
              Geio> Down to chill and play that
              Best> rather log off and attempt to suck my own d

Comment

I don't really see zizzo, omega, n shaun as aggro javs lol.
                1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Originally posted by Kim View Post
                  Why did I make this? I felt that not being on any team might give me a more objective perspective on TWDT-J that I would like to share with you whether you like it or not.

*player rankings pulled from TSL for activity benchmarking*
                  A = Aggressive - Creates chances
                  B = Balanced - Vulches primarily
                  C = Conservative - Stays back

Earthworm
                  Zidane (#1; B), Tiny (#20; A), Geio (#5; B), Siaxis (#36; B), Afghan (#24; C)
                  A = 1, B = 3, C = 1
                  Avg = 17 [Rank 1]
                  Weakness: Metroid

This team is overpowered in that they have Zidane and Tiny, superstars in their own right. Geio is a solid 3rd slot player but not the strongest across all teams. This team can generate momentum quickly, but they can't rest on their laurels and expect to perform every game. Afghan is a pretty consistent bottom slotter who's activity has proven his ability to play even against the toughest of opponents. This team has some strong bottom slot sleepers in wbm and inmate if they show and are given a chance. This team does have the most active TSL players which will mean better show rates and more consistent play throughout. Their team composition means that there will be a more concerted push from several players at once rather than having a few sit back, which is an advantage if executed properly.

Grim Dawn
                  Zizzo (#67; A), Shaun (#51; A), Mikkiz (#n/a; B), Jessup (#13; C), Heaven (#23; C)
                  A = 2, B = 1, C = 2
                  Avg = 60 [Rank 6]
                  Weakness: Metroid

While the top slot players aren't the most active this past TSL season, they are definitely game changers who can hold their own against any opponent in the zone. Zizzo and Mikkiz have an established in-game chemistry that will come in handy against much stronger opponents (on paper). Shaun is a bit of a lone wolf but can draw fire so effectively in a match which will definitely be appreciated by Heaven and especially Jessup, who will fire away at a distance. This team does suffer from activity, which can hurt team chemistry if they don't buckle down immediately in the first few matches. Their team composition is a bit unique, with a couple really aggressive players and two more conservative players. If teamkills don't get the better of them and Jessup's strays works in their favour, we might have a very annoying team to play against, especially against super aggressive teams who will be deterred from trying to eliminate the low slotters from the get-go.

Terrorist
                  Dreamwin (#17; A), Hellkite (#11; B), Omega Red (#53; A), Jones (#63; B), Invincible (#34; C)
                  A = 2, B = 2, C = 1
                  Avg = 36 [Rank 4]
                  Weakness: Lag and Luck

This team is spear-headed by the trio of dreamwin, hellkite, and omega red, all of whom have good team skills in any environment they are put into. Even without Turban, this team can definitely perform but with Turban in the line in place of Jones, it is arguably one of the best. Their bottom slotter, Invincible, has been very active during the TSL season and will prove to be an asset rather than a liability when it comes to assisting with kills. Their team composition is well-balanced, with plenty of aggression to keep the momentum in their favor all match long. Turban, being an aggressive player himself, will push the team composition to more aggressive play, matching the likes of Team Metroid. Credit to Jones for a noticeable improvement in his game for becoming a more balanced player in javs, which will feed nicely into Dreamwin's uncanny ability to attract the best players to waste shots on him.

Metroid
                  Commodo (#25; A), Temujin (#18; A), Kado (#30; B), Major Crisis (#10; A), Skullspace (#38; C)
                  A = 3, B = 1, C = 1
                  Avg = 24 [Rank 3]
                  Weakness: Lag and Luck

This team will undoubtedly perform well against more laid-back teams who have guys lounging from the back row. Kado, not being forced to have to initiate the fight, might find himself to be in a comfortable enough position to really splay himself out and make a bigger impact. If skullspace does not need to be protected by the likes of Commodo, dealing with 3 aggressive javs at once will be difficult for any team to handle. Their bottom slot being their glaring weak point, will need to be dealt with because aggressive play usually leaves players who are normally not as aggressive to be left behind. The question of this team's ability to concentrate their aggression onto the same players has yet to be witnessed, but the potential is high. The ability to mix and match 2 out of 3 aggressive players in any scenario during the match will be a big advantage that they definitely should draw upon against teams that are supported by only 1 or 2 aggressive players leading the charge. Divide and conquer as they say.

Lag and Luck
                  Kess (#14; A), yeH (#3; A), Trasher (#8; B), Spectacular (#19; A), McVicar (#52; B)
                  A = 3, B = 2
                  Avg = 20 [Rank 2]
                  Weakness: Earthworm

I like this team for two reasons. The team composition is excellent and they have the best low slot player across all teams in McVicar. Even without him, they have two highly active players in Alextron and Glyde, but are much easily bullied compared to McVicar. Opting for 2 elite slots rather than 2 max slots will definitely work in their favour here, as yeH is a more solid pick than Racka. That is not to say that Racka hasn't shown results in these situations, but his metal will surely be tested against teams like Metroid, Terrorist, and Earthworm. If yeH's lag is questionable then we will begin to see the weaknesses of the line creep back in. Otherwise, playing this line will be difficult, juggling between a solid line of 3 aggressive players and two excellent vulchers, the best all-around team.

Targaryen
                  Iron Survivor (#4; A), Mythril (#115; B), Ogron (#9; B), i.d. (#28; B), bellflowers (#60; C)
                  A = 1, B = 3, C = 1
                  Avg = 43 [Rank 5]
                  Could upset: Grim Dawn

Javs were obviously not on this team's mind when they drafted, so let's break down what the best possible scenario is for this team. The team composition is not ideal, with only 1 aggressive player and 3 balanced players. Amongst the balanced players, I would rate these three to be on the more conservative side while still taking advantage of some vulch opportunities. Mythril is probably one of the weaker elite slots in this league, but their roster is so thin that they really have no choice but to go with him rather than run more veteran slot players. Hulk has a good chance of doing well if played, but activity is definitely an issue. If they decide to go with Hulk, then sub i.d. out for him. It wouldn't the smartest play because i.d. has been very active and playing consistently all season. Their low slot is one of the weakest across all teams. If their opponent targets down Iron so he can't play his game, this team will break down easily. I can't imagine this team pulling huge upsets unless Iron can really flex his muscles in the match (>16 kills).
                  H
                  ow can Zidane be 1st and Mythryil 115th?
                  3:kyler> who r u btw i keep wanting to ask people "who is 45th pres" but someone gonna say "trump"
                  3:45th President> do it
                  kyler> who is 45th President
                  nah> donald j trump

Downfall> Shoutout to forwards for randomly giving gunsmith results that made no sense and just made things harder

Jacklyn> holster is the thing that holds/carry the gun

Comment

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
                    I don't really see zizzo, omega, n shaun as aggro javs lol.
                    gud eyes
                    Author of the clutchest and most tilting TEK of the century.

1:cripple> i luv lbj cock
                    1:cripple> if he paid me 50k for every time i gave him a bj i'd do it

Comment

great writeup, thanks for this kim!
                      top 100 basers list

Comment

Working...
                      X