Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TWDT LAG LIMITS (Updated)

TWDT LAG LIMITS (Updated)

Update: Heaven has heard your concerns and decided to not implement the stricter lag limits this TWDT. -Ogron

It's pretty obvious lag limits are currently pretty high allowing all kinds of laggers to play. I believe it's set at 300ms/3.0ploss which doesn't really spec anyone. This was an issue in TSL aswell with people lagging but not being specced by bot.

We're considering lowering lag limits down to 250ms/1.0ploss. If anyone is over it's not really fair and its frustrating to play against.

Thought/opinions/insults?

Looking to implement new lag limits for this weekends TWDT games.
    Last edited by Claushouse; 11-04-2017 at 02:23 PM.
    1:Ogron> just drove 15 min bc its hot as balls
    1:Ogron> to get dairy queen blizzard
    1:Ogron> and soft serve machine down
    1:Ogron> hate this shitty planet

how about 275 ms and 2.0 ploss.. 1.0 ploss with this server is wayyy too low

Quote Originally Posted by Heaven View Post
    It's pretty obvious lag limits are currently pretty high allowing all kinds of laggers to play. I believe it's set at 300ms/3.0ploss which doesn't really spec anyone. This was an issue in TSL aswell with people lagging but not being specced by bot.

We're considering lowering lag limits down to 250ms/1.0ploss. If anyone is over it's not really fair and its frustrating to play against.

I LOVE THIS AND I LOVE YOU
    4x TWLD Champion
    Fierce For Life

Quote Originally Posted by Heaven View Post

I say lets try it out! Think we might lose 1 player (Yeh). I am all for better enforced lag limits though.

-IxaDor

That ploss limit is wayy too low.. random crap happens all the time pushing people over 1.0.. don't set it that low or when server does its funky stuff we will have serious issues that effect games even more negatively.

The Major Crisis/Heaven Cartel out to get Yeh

rip
    2:RaCka> I wonder what turban's real name is
    2:Ogron> turb's name IRL is tellixador icantshow
    2:RaCka> LOL
    2:Heaven> LOl

Ogron> what's your showrate, i got the next FA pick
    24> i can only show Week 2

I am biased ofc since I have Yeh on my team, but don't change rules while the league has already begun.
    Violence> lag cheating niggir
    JAMAL> laggy no skill nebwie
    JuanJuan> you a fucking lagass cheater
    mAZe Of tOrM> try more faggot
    mAZe Of tOrM> u suck dick
    Shadowmere> Nice lag you fagf

yeah definitely lower it - i am not biased yeh is not on my team

Trasher will have to change his team name then.
    1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

5:Eggboy32> easier is to pee in bucket and drop it on ur head and let it soak down

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Klean-X> because i am armenian
    wicket666> its american

Reexaming this thread I am against changing anything.. who are these "all types kinds of laggers playing" Which ones do you have an issue with? The community is small enough to name names. Yeh imo deserves to continue to be able to play the game.. Remember .. trench wars motto is "Meet people from all over the world and kill them" Many Aussies and New Zealanders have been playing this game for ages and leagues too.. now is NOT the time to be pushing actives out. No games are being ruined by current lag limits. LAg is and always will be part of SubSpace... Down voting this thread........Do not mess with limits at all.. and especially now the season has already started.....

Lag limits in TWDT arenas have been LOWERED.

Old: 300ms current/average & 3.0ploss

New: 240ms current/average & 1.0ploss

The average ploss is like 0.1 anyway and if anyone is higher than 1.0 they'll be eating shots.
    We're going to be testing this out this weekend for TWDT games. See how it goes. Will get it adjusted if need be (raise ploss limit to 1.5) but for now its at 1.0.

If these limits work out well, it will be considered to implement it into TSL aswell.

Thanks for taking into consideration the thoughts and opinions you asked for .. you gave us less than 8 hours to implement this.. Great job.. Glad the communities opinions matter so much to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessup View Post
    Thanks for taking into consideration the thoughts and opinions you asked for .. you gave us less than 8 hours to implement this.. Great job.. Glad the communities opinions matter so much to you.
    oh no, thank YOU

It doesn't affect me as my lag is usually fine minus the server issues we have often.. but you just effectively ruined many players chances to play in leagues who have done so for years.. I'm sure they will thank you too.

I do agree that the lag limits have been too lenient and has historically been something many have not dared to drastically change. Stabwound lowered limits in TWD about 10 years ago down to 260ms, but ended up raising the limits to 300ms in order to allow Australian players to participate. I also lowered limits in TWL few seasons ago, namely targeting spike limits which were too high, and also prevented players with too high lag from playing specials in TWLB by setting ship specific limits.

It will remain to be seen how many are affected by such a drastic change, but it is still a step in the right direction.

I'm all for lowering lag limits, despite my own lag issues in the last number of years in particular (I live in shared housing so can't stop people downloading, streaming or just using up a load of the internet). I am looking to move into my own place at the end of February so lag would hopefully be much less of an issue (LOL - game won't exist by March).

However, I think dropping the limit from 3.0 to 1.0 is a bit too much - I would say at least just drop it to 1.5 for now and see how that goes. This game is so problematic and inconsistent with lag that packetloss can every now and again spike above 1.0% to 1.1-1.5% for a second or two that doesn't affect the match at hand, and then return to 0.1%. This new limit will cause a lot of issues especially for Euros in unnecessary lag outs.
    Last edited by Ricko; 11-03-2017 at 05:01 AM.
    TWL-J Season 11 Champion
    TWL-J Season 21 Champion
    TWL-B Season 21 Champion
    TWDT-D 2017 Champion
    TWDT-J 2017 Champion

I think with the server issues we deal with that have never been resolved sort of makes this an impossible task since there are days where a large portion of our measly population gets some extra lag.

1.0ploss is a reasonable limit however if we notice too many people are getting lagged out and such, can consider raising it to 1.5ploss but that should be the maximum.

Let's just make the limits 10 ms and 0.1 ploss lower than what Yeh has. I'm sure Major Crisis can provide you with the details, Heaven.
    Violence> lag cheating niggir
    JAMAL> laggy no skill nebwie
    JuanJuan> you a fucking lagass cheater
    mAZe Of tOrM> try more faggot
    mAZe Of tOrM> u suck dick
    Shadowmere> Nice lag you fagf

Major Crisis/Ownix Major Crisis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trasher View Post
    Let's just make the limits 10 ms and 0.1 ploss lower than what Yeh has. I'm sure Major Crisis can provide you with the details, Heaven.

Yeh goes from 240 to 280, and barely any s2c to close to 2. If we really wanted him out it would have been 200 ms.
    His lag is retarded and pretty sure most people agreed to it.
    Major Crisis