Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TWDT LAG LIMITS (Updated)

Yeah lets wait for the game to literally be on the brink of extinction to start weeding out active players from an already decaying player base.
    1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

5:Eggboy32> easier is to pee in bucket and drop it on ur head and let it soak down

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Klean-X> because i am armenian
    wicket666> its american

Quote Originally Posted by Major Crisis View Post
    Yeh goes from 240 to 280, and barely any s2c to close to 2. If we really wanted him out it would have been 200 ms.
    His lag is retarded and pretty sure most people agreed to it.
    Of course you want him out. He is probably the sole reason this whole change is rushed in after 1 Sunday of TWDT. I'm sure most of us are aware of your prior history with him in TSL.

And let's not skirt around the issue, no one would have picked Yeh, especially as their 5th round pick, if these new lag limits were in place before the draft, since they effectively prevent him from participating. But since it only affects 1 team adversely I suppose it's just fine and dandy.

I understand your issue with him and his "retarded" lag, but changing the rules after the season has begun is clearly not a fair way to go about it. You are free to disagree, of course, as I'm sure you will.

In any case this has apparently already been decided so RIP Yeh and whoever else might be affected by this.
    Violence> lag cheating niggir
    JAMAL> laggy no skill nebwie
    JuanJuan> you a fucking lagass cheater
    mAZe Of tOrM> try more faggot
    mAZe Of tOrM> u suck dick
    Shadowmere> Nice lag you fagf

zeebu 'DUMPTRUCK' johnson Zeebu's Avatar
    is there a provision to these rules like in twl that adds a subjective aspect? keep the limits up there, but if a person is agreed to be affecting gameplay due to lag, they have to be subbed?

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Major Crisis/Ownix Major Crisis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trasher View Post
    Of course you want him out. He is probably the sole reason this whole change is rushed in after 1 Sunday of TWDT. I'm sure most of us are aware of your prior history with him in TSL.

And let's not skirt around the issue, no one would have picked Yeh, especially as their 5th round pick, if these new lag limits were in place before the draft, since they effectively prevent him from participating. But since it only affects 1 team adversely I suppose it's just fine and dandy.

I understand your issue with him and his "retarded" lag, but changing the rules after the season has begun is clearly not a fair way to go about it. You are free to disagree, of course, as I'm sure you will.

In any case this has apparently already been decided so RIP Yeh and whoever else might be affected by this.

Pretty sure its not my decision, since I am not even staff anymore. But yea I agree the timing is wrong.
    Major Crisis

Timing is definitely suspect but if yehs lag is actually above those limits he shouldn't be playing in competitive games cause having ploss that high is not normal even for euros
    Last edited by zidane; 11-03-2017 at 12:18 PM.

I don't see any reason to not try this out. If a mass amount of players can't play, staff can then tinker with it bumping up the limits but I think this is a step in the right direction and should of been done ages ago. As a player who doesn't lag much, its incredibly frustrating playing against those who do (ghosting, skipping, pixel dodging, rep ignoring, eating and unpredictable bullets). If anything this will encourage people to play fair and not abuse lag, there are a lot of players who still self induce lag to get an advantage in game. A couple can't help it though and that is unfortunate. TWDT is a competitive league though and should be governed as such. Those same players will not be able to participate in other competitive game matches (CSGO, LoL, Dota2, ect) with their latency as it ruins the experience for others, why should we be any different? We have pub, dueling arenas and the occasion TWD matches for players who don't qualify to play competitively. That is my input.

BTW, I like the ploss limit but think we should do ms slightly higher to help with spikes that we all get from time to time.

-IxaDor

Quote Originally Posted by Major Crisis View Post
    Pretty sure its not my decision, since I am not even staff anymore.
    Well it's someone pulling Heaven's strings. I doubt this just occurred to him spontaneously.

Maybe not you, or you alone, but you have been the most vocal about it on the forums and in game, therefore I think it was fair to assume that you had something to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixador View Post
    step in the right direction and should of been done ages ago.
    Should have.

actually this was no one's idea but mine but the root of it is the whole situation with yeh. His lag is beyond fair/acceptable. He basically had 17 deaths per game. I'm hoping to implement new lag limits to both twdt / tsl.

Will consider starting at 1.5ploss and gradually lowering it to 1.0ploss. and 240ms is enough for the occasinal spike. dont need anyone disappear in base and reappearing randomly.

this will also hopefully put an end to staff drama when it comes to who can play and who can't.
    1:Ogron> just drove 15 min bc its hot as balls
    1:Ogron> to get dairy queen blizzard
    1:Ogron> and soft serve machine down
    1:Ogron> hate this shitty planet

Is this really needed??.. let yeh play..he eats less than iron survivor on my screen .. thats for sure. I am against banning entire countries from leagues.. which is what this is essentially doing......
    Last edited by Jessup; 11-04-2017 at 02:04 AM.

The best of the best
    Yeah no point in picking me because my plods sometimes hover over 1.0.
    Ping is the issue for lag, not packet loss. Loss the ping and the plods the same. Especially with hopone being a dick. The server is in America. This has not changed for years and has never been an issue for years. Why are we making changes which will stop people playing?
    Best warbird to ever enter trenchwars

Administrator
    Maybe Matchbots should write lagouts to staff chat temporarily so we can understand whether or not this change is affecting a lot of players during TWDT tomorrow.

Late notice but it would help us understand if the threshold is too low.
    -Wirah (Method/Mefod)

Quote Originally Posted by Wirah View Post
    Maybe Matchbots should write lagouts to staff chat temporarily so we can understand whether or not this change is affecting a lot of players during TWDT tomorrow.

Late notice but it would help us understand if the threshold is too low.
    It is too low no need for studies

The rules change after the draft - what's new. I've been on a wrong side of those deals 2 out of 2 times losing all value of my 3-4th rnd pick. What I've learned is that complaining doesn't change the situation.

This one is tricky for me though, as I really think it is not fair to have that kind of lag, which heaven described u pretty much get 17 lives instead of 10, but it is also not fair to change rules after the draft.
    Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
    Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
    Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 8 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
    Season 12 champion TWDT-J (C)
    Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
    lukas93> IF U LL THAT SHIT I GO MOUTH TO YOUR DOOR AND I (TRNSLE THIS) MANDO TO HOSPITAL

I have no issues with stricter lag limits.

But changing rules after the league has started is mind boggling. Why do staff keep repeating the same retarded mistakes every league?
    KESS let me down in mortars... damn puta!!! DOUBLE THE PUTA TIME!! ?go doublejavs -Cig <ER>

SUH SUH G. SPAWNFEST TIME. calling out all muh boys ?go JAVUFC to play -Children <ER>

1:cripple> i luv lbj cock
    1:cripple> if he paid me 50k for every time i gave him a bj i'd do it

I 100% agree with Trasher.

If these new limits prevents only Yeh from playing, it is (intentionally or unintentionally) removing Trasher's 5th round pick, which is pretty bullshit.

I hate lag, laggots, and laggots belief people are just mad about their "skill" (when the reality is you see their ship move past a rock, think they haven't fired, don't react, then a bullet appears and kills you firing from an impossible location), and Yeh's lag is fucking ridiculous, but that's besides the point.

The lag limit should have been lowered before the draft, not after. The timing is absolutely horrid, even if the intention is good and it proves a boon.

I've had nothing to do with this lag limit implementation, but I would prefer it not be implemented until after the season, or, assuming the zone is for preventing Yeh's inclusion in TWDT (which I'm not), at least compensate Trasher with a jav of similar skill from the FA pool if you are going to implement it, or you're hurting Lag & Luck's chances without justification.

If this were TWL, I think Yeh should be 100% banned, but it's not. It's TWDT, and he isn't elite versus good players, despite his TSLJ success. It doesn't matter enough. I've always been for his inclusion in TSL as well.
    2:RaCka> I wonder what turban's real name is
    2:Ogron> turb's name IRL is tellixador icantshow
    2:RaCka> LOL
    2:Heaven> LOl

Ogron> what's your showrate, i got the next FA pick
    24> i can only show Week 2

Should have.
    Should've.
    3:kyler> who r u btw i keep wanting to ask people "who is 45th pres" but someone gonna say "trump"
    3:45th President> do it
    kyler> who is 45th President
    nah> donald j trump

Downfall> Shoutout to forwards for randomly giving gunsmith results that made no sense and just made things harder

Jacklyn> holster is the thing that holds/carry the gun

ok since enough people about crying about it, it'll be reverted back to 300ms/3.0ploss, prob have to bring the idea over to TSL.
    1:Ogron> just drove 15 min bc its hot as balls
    1:Ogron> to get dairy queen blizzard
    1:Ogron> and soft serve machine down
    1:Ogron> hate this shitty planet

Quote Originally Posted by Heaven View Post
    ok since enough people about crying about it, it'll be reverted back to 300ms/3.0ploss, prob have to bring the idea over to TSL.
    host can spec a player who is laggy. if everyone can see 'yeh' is too laggy then the host should too. isn't limited to that guy either.
    Quote Originally Posted by jerome
    can we stop and wonder in amazement at the fact that we play a VIDEO GAME that has "generations"???

Quote Originally Posted by Claushouse View Post
    I 100% agree with Trasher.

If these new limits prevents only Yeh from playing, it is (intentionally or unintentionally) removing Trasher's 5th round pick, which is pretty bullshit.

I hate lag, laggots, and laggots belief people are just mad about their "skill" (when the reality is you see their ship move past a rock, think they haven't fired, don't react, then a bullet appears and kills you firing from an impossible location), and Yeh's lag is fucking ridiculous, but that's besides the point.

The lag limit should have been lowered before the draft, not after. The timing is absolutely horrid, even if the intention is good and it proves a boon.

I've had nothing to do with this lag limit implementation, but I would prefer it not be implemented until after the season, or, assuming the zone is for preventing Yeh's inclusion in TWDT (which I'm not), at least compensate Trasher with a jav of similar skill from the FA pool if you are going to implement it, or you're hurting Lag & Luck's chances without justification.

If this were TWL, I think Yeh should be 100% banned, but it's not. It's TWDT, and he isn't elite versus good players, despite his TSLJ success. It doesn't matter enough. I've always been for his inclusion in TSL as well.
    I dont know how this is any different from the 2 times u raised my 3-4th rnd picks rating after the draft and made the player pretty much unusable in the league. I think its pretty unfair to change course now.

Unless you are talking about this pre-lag
    at least compensate Trasher with a jav of similar skill from the FA pool
    which makes yeh 65-70 jav. Then idc.
    Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
    Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
    Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 8 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
    Season 12 champion TWDT-J (C)
    Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
    lukas93> IF U LL THAT SHIT I GO MOUTH TO YOUR DOOR AND I (TRNSLE THIS) MANDO TO HOSPITAL