This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWDT LAG LIMITS (Updated)

Update: Heaven has heard your concerns and decided to not implement the stricter lag limits this TWDT. -Ogron

It's pretty obvious lag limits are currently pretty high allowing all kinds of laggers to play. I believe it's set at 300ms/3.0ploss which doesn't really spec anyone. This was an issue in TSL aswell with people lagging but not being specced by bot.

We're considering lowering lag limits down to 250ms/1.0ploss. If anyone is over it's not really fair and its frustrating to play against.

Thought/opinions/insults?

Looking to implement new lag limits for this weekends TWDT games.
    Last edited by ogron; 11-04-2017, 03:23 PM.
    3:BOMBED> got donuts
    3:BOMBED> how jealous
    3:Heaven> how american
    3:BOMBED> ??????????
    3:BOMBED> wtf u suppose to get
    3:BOMBED> they didnt have any fried goat

how about 275 ms and 2.0 ploss.. 1.0 ploss with this server is wayyy too low
    TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
    TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
    TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
    TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
    TSLD CHAMPION 2018
    TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Heaven View Post
      It's pretty obvious lag limits are currently pretty high allowing all kinds of laggers to play. I believe it's set at 300ms/3.0ploss which doesn't really spec anyone. This was an issue in TSL aswell with people lagging but not being specced by bot.

We're considering lowering lag limits down to 250ms/1.0ploss. If anyone is over it's not really fair and its frustrating to play against.

I LOVE THIS AND I LOVE YOU
      Geio> Down to chill and play that
      Best> rather log off and attempt to suck my own d

Comment

Originally posted by Heaven View Post

I say lets try it out! Think we might lose 1 player (Yeh). I am all for better enforced lag limits though.

-IxaDor

Comment

That ploss limit is wayy too low.. random crap happens all the time pushing people over 1.0.. don't set it that low or when server does its funky stuff we will have serious issues that effect games even more negatively.
          TSLD CHAMPION 2018
          TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

The Major Crisis/Heaven Cartel out to get Yeh

rip
            top 100 basers list

Comment

I am biased ofc since I have Yeh on my team, but don't change rules while the league has already begun.
              JAMAL> laggy no skill nebwie
              JuanJuan> you a fucking lagass cheater
              mAZe Of tOrM> try more faggot
              mAZe Of tOrM> u suck dick

Shadowmere> Nice lag you fagf

Comment

yeah definitely lower it - i am not biased yeh is not on my team

Comment

Trasher will have to change his team name then.
                  1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Reexaming this thread I am against changing anything.. who are these "all types kinds of laggers playing" Which ones do you have an issue with? The community is small enough to name names. Yeh imo deserves to continue to be able to play the game.. Remember .. trench wars motto is "Meet people from all over the world and kill them" Many Aussies and New Zealanders have been playing this game for ages and leagues too.. now is NOT the time to be pushing actives out. No games are being ruined by current lag limits. LAg is and always will be part of SubSpace... Down voting this thread........Do not mess with limits at all.. and especially now the season has already started.....
                    TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                    TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Lag limits in TWDT arenas have been LOWERED.

Old: 300ms current/average & 3.0ploss

New: 240ms current/average & 1.0ploss

The average ploss is like 0.1 anyway and if anyone is higher than 1.0 they'll be eating shots.
                      We're going to be testing this out this weekend for TWDT games. See how it goes. Will get it adjusted if need be (raise ploss limit to 1.5) but for now its at 1.0.

If these limits work out well, it will be considered to implement it into TSL aswell.

Comment

Thanks for taking into consideration the thoughts and opinions you asked for .. you gave us less than 8 hours to implement this.. Great job.. Glad the communities opinions matter so much to you.
                        TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                        TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Jessup View Post
                          Thanks for taking into consideration the thoughts and opinions you asked for .. you gave us less than 8 hours to implement this.. Great job.. Glad the communities opinions matter so much to you.
                          oh no, thank YOU

Comment

It doesn't affect me as my lag is usually fine minus the server issues we have often.. but you just effectively ruined many players chances to play in leagues who have done so for years.. I'm sure they will thank you too.
                            TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                            TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

I do agree that the lag limits have been too lenient and has historically been something many have not dared to drastically change. Stabwound lowered limits in TWD about 10 years ago down to 260ms, but ended up raising the limits to 300ms in order to allow Australian players to participate. I also lowered limits in TWL few seasons ago, namely targeting spike limits which were too high, and also prevented players with too high lag from playing specials in TWLB by setting ship specific limits.

It will remain to be seen how many are affected by such a drastic change, but it is still a step in the right direction.

Comment

Working...
                              X