Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm all for lowering lag limits, despite my own lag issues in the last number of years in particular (I live in shared housing so can't stop people downloading, streaming or just using up a load of the internet). I am looking to move into my own place at the end of February so lag would hopefully be much less of an issue (LOL - game won't exist by March).

However, I think dropping the limit from 3.0 to 1.0 is a bit too much - I would say at least just drop it to 1.5 for now and see how that goes. This game is so problematic and inconsistent with lag that packetloss can every now and again spike above 1.0% to 1.1-1.5% for a second or two that doesn't affect the match at hand, and then return to 0.1%. This new limit will cause a lot of issues especially for Euros in unnecessary lag outs.
    Last edited by Ricko; 11-03-2017, 06:01 AM.
    TWL-J Season 11 Champion
    TWL-J Season 21 Champion
    TWL-B Season 21 Champion
    TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
    TWDT-D 2017 Champion
    TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

I think with the server issues we deal with that have never been resolved sort of makes this an impossible task since there are days where a large portion of our measly population gets some extra lag.
      In game alias: mvp

twdt-b 2017 finalist
      twlb 2020 and 2023 champ cheerleader
      twdt-b 2020 and 2021 champ

Comment

1.0ploss is a reasonable limit however if we notice too many people are getting lagged out and such, can consider raising it to 1.5ploss but that should be the maximum.
        3:BOMBED> got donuts
        3:BOMBED> how jealous
        3:Heaven> how american
        3:BOMBED> ??????????
        3:BOMBED> wtf u suppose to get
        3:BOMBED> they didnt have any fried goat

Comment

Let's just make the limits 10 ms and 0.1 ploss lower than what Yeh has. I'm sure Major Crisis can provide you with the details, Heaven.
          JAMAL> laggy no skill nebwie
          JuanJuan> you a fucking lagass cheater
          mAZe Of tOrM> try more faggot
          mAZe Of tOrM> u suck dick

Shadowmere> Nice lag you fagf

Comment

Originally posted by Trasher View Post
            Let's just make the limits 10 ms and 0.1 ploss lower than what Yeh has. I'm sure Major Crisis can provide you with the details, Heaven.

Yeh goes from 240 to 280, and barely any s2c to close to 2. If we really wanted him out it would have been 200 ms.
            His lag is retarded and pretty sure most people agreed to it.
            Major Crisis

Comment

Yeah lets wait for the game to literally be on the brink of extinction to start weeding out active players from an already decaying player base.
              1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Crisis View Post
                Yeh goes from 240 to 280, and barely any s2c to close to 2. If we really wanted him out it would have been 200 ms.
                His lag is retarded and pretty sure most people agreed to it.
                Of course you want him out. He is probably the sole reason this whole change is rushed in after 1 Sunday of TWDT. I'm sure most of us are aware of your prior history with him in TSL.

And let's not skirt around the issue, no one would have picked Yeh, especially as their 5th round pick, if these new lag limits were in place before the draft, since they effectively prevent him from participating. But since it only affects 1 team adversely I suppose it's just fine and dandy.

I understand your issue with him and his "retarded" lag, but changing the rules after the season has begun is clearly not a fair way to go about it. You are free to disagree, of course, as I'm sure you will.

In any case this has apparently already been decided so RIP Yeh and whoever else might be affected by this.

Comment

is there a provision to these rules like in twl that adds a subjective aspect? keep the limits up there, but if a person is agreed to be affecting gameplay due to lag, they have to be subbed?

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Trasher View Post
                    Of course you want him out. He is probably the sole reason this whole change is rushed in after 1 Sunday of TWDT. I'm sure most of us are aware of your prior history with him in TSL.

And let's not skirt around the issue, no one would have picked Yeh, especially as their 5th round pick, if these new lag limits were in place before the draft, since they effectively prevent him from participating. But since it only affects 1 team adversely I suppose it's just fine and dandy.

I understand your issue with him and his "retarded" lag, but changing the rules after the season has begun is clearly not a fair way to go about it. You are free to disagree, of course, as I'm sure you will.

In any case this has apparently already been decided so RIP Yeh and whoever else might be affected by this.

Pretty sure its not my decision, since I am not even staff anymore. But yea I agree the timing is wrong.
                    Major Crisis

Comment

Timing is definitely suspect but if yehs lag is actually above those limits he shouldn't be playing in competitive games cause having ploss that high is not normal even for euros
                      Last edited by zidane; 11-03-2017, 01:18 PM.

Comment

I don't see any reason to not try this out. If a mass amount of players can't play, staff can then tinker with it bumping up the limits but I think this is a step in the right direction and should of been done ages ago. As a player who doesn't lag much, its incredibly frustrating playing against those who do (ghosting, skipping, pixel dodging, rep ignoring, eating and unpredictable bullets). If anything this will encourage people to play fair and not abuse lag, there are a lot of players who still self induce lag to get an advantage in game. A couple can't help it though and that is unfortunate. TWDT is a competitive league though and should be governed as such. Those same players will not be able to participate in other competitive game matches (CSGO, LoL, Dota2, ect) with their latency as it ruins the experience for others, why should we be any different? We have pub, dueling arenas and the occasion TWD matches for players who don't qualify to play competitively. That is my input.

BTW, I like the ploss limit but think we should do ms slightly higher to help with spikes that we all get from time to time.

-IxaDor

Comment

Originally posted by Major Crisis View Post
                          Pretty sure its not my decision, since I am not even staff anymore.
                          Well it's someone pulling Heaven's strings. I doubt this just occurred to him spontaneously.

Maybe not you, or you alone, but you have been the most vocal about it on the forums and in game, therefore I think it was fair to assume that you had something to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ixador View Post
                            step in the right direction and should of been done ages ago.
                            Should have.

Comment

actually this was no one's idea but mine but the root of it is the whole situation with yeh. His lag is beyond fair/acceptable. He basically had 17 deaths per game. I'm hoping to implement new lag limits to both twdt / tsl.

Will consider starting at 1.5ploss and gradually lowering it to 1.0ploss. and 240ms is enough for the occasinal spike. dont need anyone disappear in base and reappearing randomly.

this will also hopefully put an end to staff drama when it comes to who can play and who can't.
                              3:BOMBED> got donuts
                              3:BOMBED> how jealous
                              3:Heaven> how american
                              3:BOMBED> ??????????
                              3:BOMBED> wtf u suppose to get
                              3:BOMBED> they didnt have any fried goat

Comment

Is this really needed??.. let yeh play..he eats less than iron survivor on my screen .. thats for sure. I am against banning entire countries from leagues.. which is what this is essentially doing......
                                Last edited by Jessup; 11-04-2017, 03:04 AM.
                                TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                                TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                                TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                                TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                                TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                                TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Working...
                                X