Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Partial TWDT-B HoN wk2

Partial TWDT-B HoN wk2

Repost from the looking for HoN writers thread.

TWDTB wk2 HoN (for the games on youtube - as I played myself and couldn't spec other matches)

Targaryen VS. Grim Dawn
    15:00 - 4:43

Targaryen= Max slots: Ogron(5) M_M God(3) Elite: Markmrw(8) Zeebu(3) Veteran: Bellflowers(8) Ice Boss(3) Holy Ship(3) Amateur: Iron Survivor(3)
    Grim Dawn= Max slots: Mikkiz(5) Zizzo(3) Henry Saari(3) Elite: Steep(3) Veteran: Singer(8) Beasty(8) Jessup(3) Amateur: Tomator(3)

Coming in to this game we expect Targaryen to be setting the pace, and as expected they do. In the first FR fight Targaryen completely dominates Grim Dawn, swiftly pushing them into the lower right corner putting tons of pressure onto Mikkiz. They could have cleared out the FR pretty quickly, if it weren't for a few questionable mines by markmrw and bellflowers setting their own spiders back. Eventually they manage to get Mikkiz trapped in the ear and iron survivor swiftly proceeds to reK his face. Coming into the long cramming we can already see mark and bell are doing good work getting south enough with their reps to keep it steady. The game is ultimately decided already. Grim Dawn makes a few attempts at gaining control but it's clear that the biggest hole in their game is the sharks. Whenever they get into the FR the reps are a bit too fast and fall a bit short of protecting their spiders, who are doing good work, safe from the oncoming pushes of Targaryen. Ultimately M_M God proves to be the big name here. Leading the fights with cleverly timed pushes and good use of his slight lag advantage. He is a beast, complete domination. Grim Dawn gets a chance at holding cram at one point in the game, it doesn't last long. The sharks can't seem to get south enough to keep any sort of control for them. Swiftly broken by the oncoming rampant Targaryens the last sliver of hope is thrown our of the base alongside Mikkiz.

TLDR Targaryen is expected to win, they win. M_M God plays like its 2004, rocking all that lag and tons of skill to boot. Game would probably have been 15:1 if markmrw and bellflowers would have been on their A game. Zizzo gave it his all for the team but they fall way short since Grim Dawns sharks do very subpar work.

Hot: M_M God! Man oh man, the pushes, the lag, THAT aim. You can't help but feel sorry for Grim Dawn
    Honorable mentions: Zeebu (Great score, ultimately falling short to M_M God only by agression) Markmrw&Bellflowers (Clearly the better shark pair here. Keeping it tidy and making the workload of their team alot easier)
    Zizzo (The only reason Grim Dawn really had anything at all in this match)

Not: Jessup, negging in spider is clearly suboptimal performance of a player that should bring more to the table. Singer&Beasty, this is maybe not as much of a real NOT performance. I feel they did as best they could, and as good as we could expect. But at the same time they where the weakest link of their team.

Terrorists VS Lag & Luck
    15:00 - 7:09

Terrorists Max slots: Dreamwin(5) Turban(8) Porkjet(8) Hellkite(3) Elite: Smoking Blue(3) Veteran: Voth(3) Tripin(3) Amateur: Captain Lonestar(3)
    Lag & Luck Max slots: Trasher(3)[Changed to (5)] mcvicar(8) Cranium(8) Elite: Warportal(5) [Sub out] Vys(3) GLYDE(5)[Sub in Changed to(3)] Veteran: AFRI(3) RaCka(3) Amateur: BR0M?(3)

Hooo boy! This was quite the match. Sadly I don't have a recording to go back to here (Trying to record this !LO'd porkjet so he had to shut it down). This game was exciting, the initial FR fight was rough and messy. Porkjet lagged out and Terrorists was left 7v8 1 shark down. But stuck it out by some good spider power. This was much more of a back and forth game than the stats might show. In the end it is mostly won because the Terr(s) of Lag & Luck don't get quite enough support of their sharks aswell as some unlucky DOAs. However that is also a product of the extreme agression of porkjet&turban along with the spiders of the Terrorist team. Trasher and AFRI fought back, but in the end under proved to be the only weakness of the rampant Terrorists. That provided a few openings for Lag & Luck to get into the game. But once Tripin got his shit together and sorted that part for the team it set the balance right for the flagroom fights to come. The cramming in this was quite weak for both sides. Neither of the shark pairs could make it south enough to keep the pressure off, so the deciding factor was Terrorists supremacy in the flagroom (despite the somewhat questionable drops and positions by dreamwin).

TLDR 2 good line-ups turn up. Terrorist spids are lit as fuk but so is trasher, litterally trashing everyone. Too bad he gets let down by a rusty warportal in terr who keeps dying so much trasher decides to switch himself to terr. Despite that he ends up splitting most kills with hellkite. With no real spiderpower left the move of desperation doesn't pay off and Lag & Luck still loses.

Hot:
    Hellkite, supreme spider gameplay.
    Honorable mentions: Trasher (despite losing AND switching into terrier still manages to split top kills with hellkite)

Not: Warportal, rusty or not the gameplay was shaky and getting into some bad spots made all the difference in this game
    Almost Nots: Vys should have had more impact on the game but worried too much about his own deaths? to really get in there and get dirty.

Terrorists VS. Targaryen
    15:00 - 7:15

Lineups
    Terrorists=Max slots: Dreamwin(5) Turban(8) Porkjet(8) Hellkite(3) Elite:--- Veteran: Kentaro(3) Jammu(3) Tripin(3) Amateur: Captain Lonestar(3)
    Targaryen= Max slots: Ogron(5) M_M God(3) Elite: Markmrw(8) Veteran: Bellflowers(8) i.d.(3)[sub out] Ice Boss(3) Holy Ship(3) Amateur: Iron Survivor(3) Hellrazor(3)[Sub in]

Both teams coming of a fresh win and looking for more. The initial flagroom fight is agressive and reckless both teams being stupidly brave end up paying off for the Terrorists as their hyper agression show up once again. M_M God still seems to be lacking support from his linemates in the pushing part of Targaryens gameplay. Furthermore the Targaryens take too long to sub out i.d. after he/she? d/c's, arguably costing them a couple of minutes(?). Again Terrorist shows it's biggest weakness in controlling under, their plus side is that they can break a cram quickly with dreamwin's aggressive play and turban&porkjets ability to keep the timing in pressing situations. Terrorist amass a comforting lead with some solid cramming work (can hellkite even die we wonder? or are all his greens magically full charges). At long last Targaryen break trough on a bad mine placement by turban, and dreamwin dies to a repped burst. This sets the game up for a bit more of a back and forth as Terrorist has proven to be very adept at breaking into the flagroom. However the timing of turban&pork has gotten a bit sloppy, dreamwin keeps dropping in questionable spots and hellkite seems to be playing only for the rec! What is going on?! Under keeps proving to be a daunting task for the Terrorist squad and M_M God leads a good charge to boot them out of the flagroom once again. Beginning of a comeback? Nay say the Terrorist proving that crams, just as laws, are meant to be broken. They smash into the FR where Ogron, pushed down into the right corner, gets bursted right down by dreamwin. Targaryen gets once last chance by breaking in and is looking good coming in on both the right and left to bring a 2 front war on terrorism. But dreamwin manages to ride it out and the agression of the terrorist squad manages to break the spirit of the Targaryen team as they thrown them out of the flagroom and they don't even try to get back up since the 14 minute mark is already passed.

TLDR Game is messy as fuk, both teams go all out in the beginning. Terrorists push harder and secure FR. Cram is sloppy and terrorist sharks slack off mid game inviting Targaryen for a comeback. M_M God is on fire pushing like a madman and Terrorists get thrown out of FR. More cramming then Terrorists turn it back around and ride the game out.

Hot: Kentaro, this beast of a man plays out of his mind this game.
    Honorable mentions: Turban&Porkjet stellar cram breaking play. Hellkite amassing a unbelievable rec of 99-15 but loses the top spot because, he leaves his team in some questionable spots when they needed the push.

Not: Ogron, while having some good plays he ultimately crumbles under the pressure failing to keep his drops safe enough at times.
    Almost Nots: Markmrw 2.6 RPD is below his level of play, however he got shit on during attaches alot. All of Targaryen spiders, falling short a unbelievable combined 109 kills to the spiders of the Terrorist squad.

Edited to try a new format with players and game actions marked in color scheme.
    Edited again to add TLDRs
    Last edited by Captain Lonestar; 11-07-2017 at 07:58 AM.

Birger Brosa
    A HoN I have not yet seen, colours and all! If you only add TLDR, even cres can comment on it.
    HOT of the week: Captain Lonestar

The only question is can someone with so much insight of the game be an amateur :o

Well, I got scored as a 60/60/60 apparently by the panel of the gods. I think however I was on a TWL squad every year from 2004-2008 and also due to squad dropouts in the years 2009/2010/2011(? unsure). I have played maybe a total of 35-40(?) twl games or something.. I have not been truly active since 2008 though. I guess the way some are scored I could be 65/65/65 or something but it's really hard to try and gauge my skill since I haven't played a single format game since 2011 (twd,twl,twdt or tsl) before the past week.
    Last edited by Captain Lonestar; 11-07-2017 at 06:59 AM.

Nice write up.
    MRW

zeebu 'DUMPTRUCK' johnson Zeebu's Avatar
    i could not hang around for the second targ game

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lonestar View Post
    Well, I got scored as a 60/60/60 apparently by the panel of the gods. I think however I was on a TWL squad every year from 2004-2008 and also due to squad dropouts in the years 2009/2010/2011(? unsure). I have played maybe a total of 35-40(?) twl games or something.. I have not been truly active since 2008 though. I guess the way some are scored I could be 65/65/65 or something but it's really hard to try and gauge my skill since I haven't played a single format game since 2011 (twd,twl,twdt or tsl) before the past week.
    don't take offense bro, Ogron (the only member of the rating panel) is legitimately a newbie in the grand scheme of trench wars. guy became relevant when players with actual skill quit or became horridly inactive.

the fact that he doesn't know you is not surprising. also, feel blessed that he gave you those ratings - as many people he doesn't like too much have had their ratings inflated by him to screw them out of playing time.
    Duel Pasta> great
    Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

TWLB Champion Season 12
    TWLJ Champion Season 11
    TWLB All-Star Season 10
    Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Quote Originally Posted by Voth View Post
    don't take offense bro, Ogron (the only member of the rating panel) is legitimately a newbie in the grand scheme of trench wars. guy became relevant when players with actual skill quit or became horridly inactive.

the fact that he doesn't know you is not surprising. also, feel blessed that he gave you those ratings - as many people he doesn't like too much have had their ratings inflated by him to screw them out of playing time.
    Yeah, I'm not really offended. I just think it was funny in the FA thread when people asked around about a few of us 60/60/60 players. He responded that noone on the panel had any idea who any of us were(I had already responded that I was logain). If you go to the TWD website and seach this name. You will see that it was on Sweet for like a year and logain(one of the most squadhopped names in history?) have been on a shitload of former TWL squads. I'm still so rusty that I feel 6* slot can be fine for me (My performance this weekend was okay, but that is all that it was.) but 65/65/65 to reflect I had an idea and understanding of the game could have been appropriate. In the end I don't think I will be the difference really for the teams success, if I find some form somewhere I can have a classy game or two. But I'm not delusional enough as to think I am any kind of superstar player anymore.

solid writeup, might add the box scores just because, but nice

Quote Originally Posted by Steep View Post
    If you only add TLDR, even cres can comment on it.
    allow +1
    1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

5:Eggboy32> easier is to pee in bucket and drop it on ur head and let it soak down

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Klean-X> because i am armenian
    wicket666> its american

In my defense.. I hate base for one reason and one reason alone..... LAG........ My scores do not reflect my true scores on my screen... I seriously have a completely different game happening on my screen than others seem to. I seriously seem to have to hit players in spider 1 to two times more than other players.. in double up shots with another spider on my team where we both are hunting down an enemy even if I hit slightly before the other player on my team does.. that kill is awarded to the other player on my team. It happens EVERY melee too. Base to me has always been a complete lagfest joke. I live one mile from this server which is a detriment. I usually have 10 ms.. but then when ever games begin on TWDT and TSL days it often suddenly rises to 160 ms which also makes no sense. It is total BS. I can't seem to get a break. Move me to shark.. I rep bursts and bullets and mines properly on my screen and they clear fine.. then I see the terr blow up. More lies result. In TSL ogron kept dying to mines I never would even touch.. last Sunday I repped a burst fine and Mik dies .. everyone yells at me and it isn't my fking fault as on my screen I did it properly. Also rep ignores.. I do my reps and they don't block anything. it's soooo annoying.. The lagfest known as base is complete lies on my screen sigh..
    Last edited by Jessup; 11-07-2017 at 03:21 PM.

rep early, rep often

I do Zeebu .. or try.. but then my timing gets thrown off.. and I use them too soon.. I try to compensate but when ur talking about every second of every game having to attenuate.. it becomes a super human feat to achieve..

It's a shame to hear about your lag issues jessup. I just want to say that picking the NOTs this week (from the games I could play, watch and rewatch) was hard. Not a direct case of players sucking anywhere, and the weakest performances was not necessarily horrible, considering the circumstances they were achieved in.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessup View Post
    In my defense.. I hate base for one reason and one reason alone..... LAG........ My scores do not reflect my true scores on my screen... I seriously have a completely different game happening on my screen than others seem to. I seriously seem to have to hit players in spider 1 to two times more than other players.. in double up shots with another spider on my team where we both are hunting down an enemy even if I hit slightly before the other player on my team does.. that kill is awarded to the other player on my team. It happens EVERY melee too. Base to me has always been a complete lagfest joke. I live one mile from this server which is a detriment. I usually have 10 ms.. but then when ever games begin on TWDT and TSL days it often suddenly rises to 160 ms which also makes no sense. It is total BS. I can't seem to get a break. Move me to shark.. I rep bursts and bullets and mines properly on my screen and they clear fine.. then I see the terr blow up. More lies result. In TSL ogron kept dying to mines I never would even touch.. last Sunday I repped a burst fine and Mik dies .. everyone yells at me and it isn't my fking fault as on my screen I did it properly. Also rep ignores.. I do my reps and they don't block anything. it's soooo annoying.. The lagfest known as base is complete lies on my screen sigh..
    Every one deals with lag in base stop whining. Its even worse for euros. Pretty much every twlb game i played, my lag rose to 170/180 with players constantly eating my bullets and sharks having super reps and ignoring my bullets. Good players learn to deal with it and play around.

More excuses for you mediocre level
    KESS let me down in mortars... damn puta!!! DOUBLE THE PUTA TIME!! ?go doublejavs -Cig <ER>

SUH SUH G. SPAWNFEST TIME. calling out all muh boys ?go JAVUFC to play -Children <ER>

1:cripple> i luv lbj cock
    1:cripple> if he paid me 50k for every time i gave him a bj i'd do it

Lonestar . no it's fine u chose me.. I deserved it by my score.. nice write up and thanks or doing it.. I just wanted to chime in because I've been so frustrated when it comes to lag and base for me.

Kess.... just ask me on a date already.. so I can turn you down... you are way too obsessed about every post I do sweetie.

Also kess there is a reason people use sharks with higher ping more often than not... it gives a slight advantage overall.. stfupper cut kessipoo

Lonestar . no it's fine u chose me.. I deserved it by my score.. nice write up and thanks or doing it.. I just wanted to chime in because I've been so frustrated when it comes to lag and base for me.

Kess.... just ask me on a date already.. so I can turn you down... you are way too obsessed about every post I do sweetie.

Also kess there is a reason people use sharks with higher ping more often than not... it gives a slight advantage overall.. stfupper cut kessipoo
    playing 24/7 for the past 15 years and still dont understand how this game works. mediocre forever

And thanks but no thanks. not into 45 y/o fatties
    Last edited by kess; 11-07-2017 at 05:11 PM.
    KESS let me down in mortars... damn puta!!! DOUBLE THE PUTA TIME!! ?go doublejavs -Cig <ER>

SUH SUH G. SPAWNFEST TIME. calling out all muh boys ?go JAVUFC to play -Children <ER>

1:cripple> i luv lbj cock
    1:cripple> if he paid me 50k for every time i gave him a bj i'd do it

Lag only gives advantage to a certain point, once u understand the game youll understand how to counter lag or how to avoid it mostly. Skill>lag Always, but to use skill u have to be good. just by making ur own lag stable and cancelling out any possible intterruptions in your own network, it will eliminate alot of the eats laggers make. If you skilled enough in movement it will be you who makes all the eats making the laggers/forcers crazy and clueless as to why.

Move me to shark.. I rep bursts and bullets and mines properly on my screen and they clear fine.. then I see the terr blow up. More lies result. In TSL ogron kept dying to mines I never would even touch.. last Sunday I repped a burst fine and Mik dies .. everyone yells at me and it isn't my fking fault as on my screen I did it properly. Also rep ignores.. I do my reps and they don't block anything. it's soooo annoying.. The lagfest known as base is complete lies on my screen sigh..
    from one mediocre shark to another, best thing you can do is basically rep when you THINK a spider is gonna shoot or when you THINK a shark is gonna mine. if you wait til you actually see the bullet or the mine you're already too late. it's not hard to learn, it's pretty obvious when a spider should shoot or when a shark should mine so just anticipate and rep in advance. Remember that reps last longer than they visually appear to last as well
    The Phase > what version of ssc are you guys running?
    Criminal> idk whatever was on the first google result for "piece of shit spaceship game from 96 free download"

Quote Originally Posted by Leland View Post
    lol lo l oo lo l ol olol o lo l ol o lo l o

420 420 420

Quote Originally Posted by Steep View Post
    If you only add TLDR, even cres can comment on it.
    AYYYY! What's da big idea? Allow uppercase C in Cres. Dis not tATu! Rememba dis.
    3:kyler> who r u btw i keep wanting to ask people "who is 45th pres" but someone gonna say "trump"
    3:45th President> do it
    kyler> who is 45th President
    nah> donald j trump

Downfall> Shoutout to forwards for randomly giving gunsmith results that made no sense and just made things harder

Jacklyn> holster is the thing that holds/carry the gun

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lonestar View Post
    Well, I got scored as a 60/60/60 apparently by the panel of the gods. I think however I was on a TWL squad every year from 2004-2008 and also due to squad dropouts in the years 2009/2010/2011(? unsure). I have played maybe a total of 35-40(?) twl games or something.. I have not been truly active since 2008 though.
    Stop complaining about your rating. It is your fault, and your fault alone, for not revealing your alias to the public. None of us (myself included) know who you are. Your current name is unrecognizable.
    Last edited by Pressure; 11-11-2017 at 04:11 PM.
    4:Best> pressure was a terr for halloween 4:Best> guy had 4 dudes on him attached

4:Siaxis> what time is it in zimbobwe para?

4:Children> every morning i wake up, look in the mirror and thank god i'm not paradise

4:Best> Mighty's forehead has wifi

4:Mighty> u guys ever eat a ketchup sandwich?

4:sphinx> mighty fought a raccoon in an alley for some bbq chips

4:RaCka> so what if paradise is dressing up as a slim jim for halloween?